Pokemon Presents February 27th - Pokemon Scarlet and Violet announced

Happy anniversary to Pokemon Red and Green--the Pokemon franchise turns 26 today, and Nintendo has some reveals to celebrate. Let's see what Pokemon fans can look forward to.

Starting March 1st, Alolan Pokemon will be coming to Pokemon Go.

Pokemon Masters EX is getting new content, with Victory Road trainers being able to team up with you once you win. There's special event trainers coming to the game as well, including May, Raihan, and Skyla. In addition, there are lots of gems to obtain for signing in.

Pokemon Cafe Remix adds deliveries. You can get new outfits. Victini is coming to the game soon. There's a special Bulbasaur, Piplup, and express delivery event going on.

Pokemon Unite shows off the content it is adding. There's quick battles, and Hoopa is the latest character added. You get to play Hoopa for free during this time. Duraludon will also be a new playable character coming later.

Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl are getting an update that lets you claim Shaymin. You can redeem the Mystery Gift today, and have a month to use it.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus is next. It's getting a new free update in version 1.1.0 called Daybreak, which will be available later today. Dialga and Palkia are teased in a fight. The free update adds new trainer fights. Using the password Arceus Adventure will also get you a lot of Pokeballs.

A Pokemon anime about Hisui is in production, and will air later this year.

The final reveal shows the next generation of Pokemon games. We see old Pokemon in a brand new region, and it ends on the new starters.

OXaEB1I.png

Gen 9 is here. Pokemon Scarlet and Violet announced. Launches worldwide in late 2022. It will be an open world game, according to the Pokemon Twitter.

NaberBen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't know what to expect from this game. Will it be like PLA where you can catch them without battling them first? Because I personally really like that.

However i checked the website and it states:
Various towns blend seamlessly into the wilderness with no borders. You’ll be able to see the Pokémon of this region in the skies, in the seas, in the forests, on the streets—all over! You’ll be able to experience the true joy of the Pokémon series—battling against wild Pokémon in order to catch them—now in an open-world game that players of any age can enjoy.
So if I were to take that literally, it would mean you can't catch them without battling them? :unsure::unsure:

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I do think there's nothing wrong with announcing Gen 9 in general, but those starters look pretty uninspired. We got a Grass type Fennekin, a Fire type Totodile and a plain old Ducklett with a hat.

Reactions: CathyRina

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*sigh...going to have to wait to see reviews. why do I have a bad feeling most changes that made arceus fun will never show up again

Waifu4Life

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm, no wonder mainline games have taken a dip, their effort is on mobile crap.

As for Gen IX, cast you vote now, what will follow Scarlet & Violet:
A) A 3rd games à la Crystal/Emerald/Platinum
B) Sequels to both games à la Black 2 & White 2
C) Remakes of both games à la Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon
D) Updates to both games à la Sword & Shield Expansion
E) Like X & Y, nothing at all

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm surprised. i guess arceus isn't considered a main-line game then if they had another big game to be released in the same year. which is fine, but it's going to be difficult to go back to some the more traditional design choices. hopefully many of the more QoL improvements make their way into the designs.

Well in my eyes, if there werne't so much soyboys spending billions on nintendo nostalgia machine, then yeah, failures. I ma a vivid pokemon fan, but literally after the hgss i lost interest, bw were fun tbqh, i tried x and y, didn't get my interest either. Keep in mind i never grew up with pokemon.
funfact, soy consumption has no effect on testerone or estrogen production. much like the sentiment expressed in "soyboy", it is built on faulty logic and discredited concepts. tho i can't fault you for not getting into pokemon if you didn't grow up on it. the traditional, classic concept is appealing to many, but not so much if it's a bit foreign.

YuseiFD

Trophies
XP
Country
Funfact, soy consumption has no effect on testerone or estrogen production. much like the sentiment expressed in "soyboy", it is built on faulty logic and discredited concepts. tho i can't fault you for not getting into pokemon if you didn't grow up on it. the traditional, classic concept is appealing to many, but not so much if it's a bit foreign.

Odd, i just find it that it does affect nostalgia levels lol

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Wow... Didn't expect Gen 9 so soon. Where in the world does this one take place, Switzerland? This might be the first time I've ever chosen a grass starter since Gen 1.

Now that I think about it, it almost looks more like Italy.

Last edited by Jayro,

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I predicted it in last thread
I mean, that's their pattern as I said
NDS : GEN IV, RMK GEN II, GEN V
3DS : GEN VI, RMK GEN III, GEN VII
Switch : GEN VIII, RMK GEN IV, ...?
Guessed it, GEN IX :)

I know some will hate me but...
choo-choo-jump-on-the-the-meme-hype-train-mofucka.jpg

Oakmontowls

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was hoping they would take their time and give them plenty of time to polish the next entry. The switch can do a lot better graphically than gamefreak has been producing. And honestly if a game is only on one console it should run perfectly with maybe once or twice a playthrough fps hitches. But unfortunately, gamefreak doesn't have to produce higher quality games because they will sell regardless. Also just to be clear, I'm not blaming the game devs for shoddy work, I'm blaming the leadership giving them minimal time to make the games with no option to delay. Because Pokemon is such a large franchise, delaying the new generation would also require delays in the anime, tcg, and merch which means major losses of profits.

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just here prepping my popcorn for the meltdown when the fire starter ends up with fire/fighting evo.
Every time. I almost always choose the fire starter, but went with grass for the sake of monkey in Sword which was somewhat regrettable and then Oshawott in Arceus which ended up okay since there was a Chimchar and Turtwig just around the corner anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Laid at the party is fun unless you're in prison lol