Gaming PoP: Forgotten Sands

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
So Ubisoft is offering a net savings of $15 on the game from Amazon with the code POPERSIA (until release, of course). Before that, I was going to wait until reviews came out to order it, but it's tempting. But, again, it is still a movie-tie-in game technically, so I don't know what I should do
hate2.gif

Recommendations?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
monkat said:
So Ubisoft is offering a net savings of $15 on the game from Amazon with the code POPERSIA (until release, of course). Before that, I was going to wait until reviews came out to order it, but it's tempting. But, again, it is still a movie-tie-in game technically, so I don't know what I should do
hate2.gif

Recommendations?
It may be a movie tie in but Ubisoft see it as a separate game from the film. It has its own story. When they put effort into a game it usually ends up worthwhile, especially if its one of their most love franchises.

Previews have been very promising, some say its a lot better than the other versions and it could be one of the best PoP games since Sands of Time.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll be paying $35 for it, so it's not that bad. Unless you're planning on buying something else with that cash (like saving for SMG2 or Metroid: Other M or some other title), I'd say go for it.

I'll be downloading it myself.

Tagg7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll be getting both the 360 and Wii versions of the game (assuming they get decent reviews). I love platforming games like Prince of Persia.

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I may buy it when it gets discounted unless its getting amazing word of mouth.

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A PAL version was dumped a few days back but the scene didn't take it or whatever that release was by iCON. Never actually tried it yet.

There is an official USA release right now Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands USA WII-PROMiNENT.

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I think they have the same story but different levels and the Wii one is supposed to be better.

PSP version is out there too, looks pretty good. Its more of a side scroller.

elmerohueso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
the wii one is out but from what i heard it only works if you have a chip and burn the disc it won't even load in usb

It loads via USB fine on IOS 249 with the anti-002 fix. The game freezes at certain point, likely because its update isn't installed. Now waiting to see if the new update is safe.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
elmerohueso said:
Bladexdsl said:
the wii one is out but from what i heard it only works if you have a chip and burn the disc it won't even load in usb

It loads via USB fine on IOS 249 with the anti-002 fix. The game freezes at certain point, likely because its update isn't installed. Now waiting to see if the new update is safe.

And what update is that? There's no IOS version(s) in the update that aren't already available.

howyeman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Guys, the Wii version is truly horrible, don't buy it by any means, try it first from torrent or wait for the reviews, but trust me on this one, the prince now is retarded, the game has nothing to do with the sands trilogy, it has a fairy and from the moment you take control of the prince it feels cheap, rushed and has worst graphics than the gamecube or PS2.
PS: I'm a big fan of the series.

makezione

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
howyeman said:
Guys, the Wii version is truly horrible, don't buy it by any means, try it first from torrent or wait for the reviews, but trust me on this one, the prince now is retarded, the game has nothing to do with the sands trilogy, it has a fairy and from the moment you take control of the prince it feels cheap, rushed and has worst graphics than the gamecube or PS2.
Played the wii version for 15min before it froze. Either you are trolling or you have a very bad taste (and blind?) since the graphics are amazing for wii, the controls are fine and overall the game felt really good and refreshing. Hopefully more games like this come for wii!

BOTCK

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ya i really really liked the game (before it freezed).

exspecially the control is in forgotton sands much betten than in rival swords.
(and the graphics are amazing for a wii game)

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
howyeman said:
By that I know you haven't played it, you've seen some bad res youtube vids and you are trolling.

Gave it a spin, it doesn't play like a Prince of Persia game but it certainly isn't horrible. Graphically its what all Wii games should look like, lots of detail though the water parts are flat and could be better. Seems to focus more on acrobats then the last load of PoP games and that is welcoming as only Sands of Time was the one that I can go back to and enjoy.

Can't say I'll ever go back to it once I've finished it, its one of those typical 7/10 games. A good time waster but will only serve as a footnote in gaming history.

So far it is a lot better than the decent enough 2008 game that I cannot remember the name of, it may not feel like a PoP game but its more so than that one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Similar to FOX Kids. I remember when Sonic X aired.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, the latin american fox feed doesnt air news, it airs movies and tv shows
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ah, I see.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i wasnt even born when fox kids/jetix was alive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also a couple years ago latin american fox got renamed to star channel
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yes?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry
    i thought you didnt read the last couple messages before quoting you agin
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ah sonic x, that show is valid
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (of course the mf with a sonic pfp would say that 😭)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you are not dumb or stupid, you need to stop saying that, you are very smart, even about alot of things I have no clue about. We all love you here, like a big family.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah @BigOnYa love me so much he started yelling at me for having my shoes on in the bed when he caught me with his wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, I don't want mud crumbs in my bed, and btw you left without paying your tab. Ill add it to next month but getting tired of extending.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I hope silent hill 2 turns out good
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I seen that, hope so too, the first was so epic back then.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Didn't look into much is it just a remake
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Only thing drive me crazy is all these new horror games nowadays is its so dark, all time. I can't even play them. I understand they trying to create spooky but be creative a little, not just darkness with pop out scare scenes.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, either that or mascot horror
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    gonna watch gintama for the first time
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, I always turn the lights up on those lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Two studio lights for one horror game
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Couch casting for horror
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Couch casting for horror