• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Misc Posting and unfollowing

Status
Not open for further replies.

hippy dave

BBMB
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
FB_IMG_1674028555396.jpg

Alright, putting some words in. It's clear from an objective perspective when one side is using dishonesty to manipulate people, but it's surprising to see that side just say so. Aw having to be "creative" (make stuff up) because the "statistics and studies" (facts) aren't on their side. The cognitive dissonance of knowing that the only thing supporting their beliefs is lies, yet continuing to believe them anyway, is impressive and scary.

Last edited by hippy dave,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Probably going to get deleted as it's an image-only post, but obviously a valid point. Fox "News" wasn't founded to keep people informed, it was founded as Republican propaganda to prevent the next crook like Nixon from being removed from office. And that's the absolute closest that any right-wing media outlet comes to legitimacy.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Satire still lives... :P

I always considered it an issue that us rightwing media had already finished their brainwashing job by the time their audience started parroting their bullet points. But ey... From another perspective you can say that truth and facts are harder to deny than fabrications.

Reactions: Xzi

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are we supposed to take some Twitter posts from some internet randos as a serious topic of discussion? Who made the original comment? Don't know, but we're supposed to take it as gospel. Scott Jennings is a nobody on CNN. And who is @vexwerewolf? Nobody knows and apparently nobody cares. It's all about pushing the narrative, just like Greta and her fake arrest.

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
Trophies
XP
It's all about pushing the narrative, just like Greta and her fake arrest.

Shit breaks out. If you look hard enough online, you'll even see her getting pushed in the crowd by police.

I'm presuming what happened was that the police treated her differently for being a known figure, with a lot of power in their voice once in custody. Make a couple wrong moves with her and your going to have a PR disaster like no other. So when people pulled up the camera's I'm assuming they just allowed it for a little bit. As other people were not treated nearly as nicely as her.
However she still got arrested. Which is something conviently ignored, almost like the thing your accusing of people your doing and having to lie to create your point.
This was a protest that lasted severely weeks trying to protect a village of 90 people roughly from the government of Germany trying to forcefully removing them for coal mining. It was one of Germany's last remaining villages. Greta among others said they'll protect them as long as they could. And it worked for a while, up until recently.

Last edited by Deleted member 586536,

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Shit breaks out. If you look hard enough online, you'll even see her getting pushed in the crowd by police.

I'm presuming what happened was that the police treated her differently for being a known figure, with a lot of power in their voice once in custody. Make a couple wrong moves with her and your going to have a PR disaster like no other. So when people pulled up the camera's I'm assuming they just allowed it for a little bit. As other people were not treated nearly as nicely as her.
However she still got arrested. Which is something conviently ignored, almost like the thing your accusing of people your doing and having to lie to create your point.
This was a protest that lasted severely weeks trying to protect a village of 90 people roughly from the government of Germany trying to forcefully removing them for coal mining. It was one of Germany's last remaining villages. Greta among others said they'll protect them as long as they could. And it worked for a while, up until recently.

You can choose to believe that if you like, or you can watch additional footage that shows an entirely different story. Ignorance is a choice.

Reactions: Marc_LFD and mrdude

Deleted member 586536

Trophies
XP
You can choose to believe that if you like, or you can watch additional footage that shows an entirely different story.
Bruh, the video you linked
shows her being taken away in police custody at the end
How on earth does this not line up with what I said
However she still got arrested.
Post automatically merged:

Correction, since Romania has a difference between detain and arrested. She was detained, not arrested.

Reactions: MicroNut99 and Xzi

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bruh, the video you linked
shows her being taken away in police custody at the end
How on earth does this not line up with what I said
Maybe you missed the part where the police are standing there posing for photos with her. Everybody is laughing and having a good time.

You are truly an amazing person. Even with video evidence slapping you in the face, you refuse to let go of the psyop.

Deleted member 586536

Trophies
XP
Maybe you missed the part where the police are standing there posing for photos with her. Everybody is laughing and having a good time.
Here let me bold the very part, and put extra emphasis to make extra clear of what I said. I'll even put fancy colors. Just for you.
I'm presuming what happened was that the police treated her differently for being a known figure, with a lot of power in their voice once in custody.

Make a couple wrong moves with her
and your going to have a PR disaster like no other.

So when people pulled up the camera's I'm assuming they just allowed it for a little bit. As other people were not treated nearly as nicely as her.

However she still got arrested. Which is something conveniently ignored, almost like the thing your accusing of people your doing and having to lie to create your point.

That a big enough text size for your eyeballs? Read my lips, thanks. The part in yellow and blue. And then part in light red underlined and bolded, might be the part you should really read. Before you go ahead and say
Maybe you missed the part
Because I missed jack shit, you failed to read and comprehend what I said.

Last edited by Deleted member 586536,

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here let me bold the very part, and put extra emphasis to make extra clear of what I said. I'll even put fancy colors. Just for you.

That a big enough text size for your eyeballs? Read my lips, thanks. The part in yellow and blue. And then part in light red underlined and bolded, might be the part you should really read. Before you go ahead and say

Because I missed jack shit, you failed to read and comprehend what I said.
The video evidence does not match your words. You are trying to apply intent to a group of people you do not know and who were not interviewed afterwards. You can get mad and cry all you want, the facts remain the same. It was a photo op and Greta is a grifter and you all got conned.

Deleted member 586536

Trophies
XP
It was a photo op and Greta is a grifter
I haven't gave her any money, so the grifter term doesn't apply here.
The video evidence does not match your words.
Did she not get taken away at the end? Was she not detained? Was she not at the protest for several weeks?

The video evidence does give credence to what I said. You just want to take a itty bitty slice and ignore everything else behind it.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't gave her any money, so the grifter term doesn't apply here.
You don't have to give her money for her to be a grifter. Millionaires and billionaires support her and tell her what to do.
Did she not get taken away at the end? Was she not detained? Was she not at the protest for several weeks?
Like AOC and the squad were taken away when they were ""arrested"". It's all theater to push narratives.

1674262908624.png

The video evidence does give credence to what I said. You just want to take a itty bitty slice and ignore everything else behind it.
That itty bitty slice was the most important slice.

You are blatantly being lied to and you don't even care, lol.

Reactions: mrdude

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
@hippy dave using GBAtemp to not even properly retweet something someone said and calls it "objective"

That's funny.

Remember when the government wasn't your friend? Now internet people want to grasp onto fact checkers telling them that Hillary Clinton is an upstanding person and that all the evil in government was invented by Donald Trump (and his right wingers). Also, big pharma lobbied in Washington to save your grandparents.

Because "fact checkers" are people who check facts, and that's like the closest thing we can get to truth, dude.

Apparently whoever wrote the tweet forgot about all the anonymous sources and the countless flips and pivots in the narratives.

Are you a plant? lol.

Last edited by tabzer,

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 348002

Alright, putting some words in. It's clear from an objective perspective when one side is using dishonesty to manipulate people, but it's surprising to see that side just say so. Aw having to be "creative" (make stuff up) because the "statistics and studies" (facts) aren't on their side. The cognitive dissonance of knowing that the only thing supporting their beliefs is lies, yet continuing to believe them anyway, is impressive and scary.

actually lits largely because a bit portion of the left have some for of divergence and also have a problem with actual real facts and not maddow facts.

Reactions: mrdude

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Now you are just talking jibberish. I think I actually broke you.

His father did that. He should be in therapy instead of using the internet as an outlet for his hate. It's ironic and a case study of how children become abusive like their parents. I'm thinking Shiah LeBeouf but not famous. He cannot not love his father, as much as he wants to hate him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Ken do you think any of them asked for a different tattoo? Like could I get a star of David...