Prior PlayStation 4 exclusive Horizon: Zero Dawn is coming to PC

horizon-zero-dawn-screen-02-ps4-us-13jun16.jpg

Numerous rumors have floated about regarding the possibility of Sony studio Guerilla Games bringing their PS4 exclusive title Horizon Zero Dawn to the PC platform. And now, it has officially been confirmed by PlayStation EU. In a new PlayStation Blog, the head of the company's Worldwide Studios branch, Hermen Hulst, talks about the future of media, including the Uncharted movie, The Last of Us's TV adaptation, and new to everyone, the upcoming PC port of Horizon: Zero Dawn.

Our talk covers a lot of ground: from upcoming film and TV projects based on Uncharted and The Last of Us, to the upcoming PC port of Horizon: Zero Dawn, to what’s next for PlayStation’s international network of game studios.

Hulst confirmed the rumors, and stated that the PC version of the game would be releasing later this summer, with more information to come at a later date, from the developers themselves. Horizon: Zero Dawn originally released for the PlayStation 4 in 2017, and sold over 10 million copies.

Speaking of experimentation, there have been rumors of a Horizon Zero Dawn complete edition that might be coming to PC… can you confirm or deny that?

Yes, I can confirm that Horizon Zero Dawn is coming to PC this summer…. There will be more information coming from Guerrilla, from the new studio directors [Michiel van der Leeuw, JB van Beek, and Angie Smets] pretty soon.

This won't be a common occurence, seeing PS4 exclusives jump onto PC, but the team found that the game was an ideal match for the platform, in HZD's case.

And to maybe put a few minds at ease, releasing one first-party AAA title to PC doesn’t necessarily mean that every game now will come to PC. In my mind, Horizon Zero Dawn was just a great fit in this particular instance. We don’t have plans for day and date [PC releases], and we remain 100% committed to dedicated hardware.

:arrow: Source

D

Deleted User

the console fanboy-ness of the replies in this thread might give me hemorrhoids, ugh

now for something insightful, i remember playing through this on my ps4 when my graphics card decided to commit seppuku, now i get to play it with competent controls at 60+ fps without the insane amount of motion sickness it originally gave me
oh and i get to see if the dlc was actually worth buying or not now, neat

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
in REAL 4k this time instead of fake ps4 4k :lol:
Go and spend 2 grand on a pc and enjoy true 4k then lol

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

the console fanboy-ness of the replies in this thread might give me hemorrhoids, ugh

now for something insightful, i remember playing through this on my ps4 when my graphics card decided to commit seppuku, now i get to play it with competent controls at 60+ fps without the insane amount of motion sickness it originally gave me
oh and i get to see if the dlc was actually worth buying or not now, neat
Motion sickness so many excuses lol its not vr mate

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
And another exclusive studio joins the pc space. Soon playstation will have no games either.
You're saying there's a chance that exclusivity may finally disappear? Oh no! The horror!!! /s

gohan123

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I hope the killzone games will follow up. I have shadow fall on ps4 but I really hate to play first person shooter with a gamepad. only managed to finish killzone 3 because of the ps move controller.

Reactions: Neo127 and pop13_13

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go and spend 2 grand on a pc and enjoy true 4k then lol

Motion sickness so many excuses lol its not vr mate
Yeah you don’t need to spend 2K to play at 4K. You console peasants need to learn how graphic cards and cpus actually work. I run 4K with my Ryzen 3700x and rx 5700 card. No where near what 4K needs, yet runs 4K between 45-65fps no problem. Also, regular games can cause motion sickness, just like riding in a car. Why not actually research what you’re going to say so you don’t look like a pleb :)

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah you don’t need to spend 2K to play at 4K. You console peasants need to learn how graphic cards and cpus actually work. I run 4K with my Ryzen 3700x and rx 5700 card. No where near what 4K needs, yet runs 4K between 45-65fps no problem. Also, regular games can cause motion sickness, just like riding in a car. Why not actually research what you’re going to say so you don’t look like a pleb :)
I think youl find most of the plebs are pc users thinking ther the superior race lol -go read some of the stupid immature comments like horizon was a beta for the pc or now we can hav true 4k - you guys should be thankful sony are letting you hav this game and respect what a machine with 2013 tech can produce

warweeny

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
PC Cuckrace is at it i see with their snarky comments.
They really need to justify their piece of metal in order to make them feel good about themselves for buying a deadweight platform that only gets ports, and many bad at that.

Reactions: Nobody_Important4u

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You sound like a filthy console peasant. That being said i own a ps4 and horizon zero dawn was great, I'll probably not get it on pc just for the improved graphics, but why would you care? Ps4 will be dead within a year anyway.
yes because a console immediately dies whenever the next one comes out
by that logic the NES died after 1991 even though many games came out for it withing the following years

They really need to justify their piece of metal in order to make them feel good about themselves for buying a deadweight platform that only gets ports, and many bad at that.
and here we have a console retard in its natural habitat, screeching about a game coming to PC as playstation slowly but surely loses its exclusives and getting pissy because their 300$ console is now becoming useless.

Reactions: pop13_13

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Oh, the irony..

Reactions: Chary

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: and yes ik im stupid for using it