Hacking Homebrew Emulation Problem with homebrew games (c2-12828-1)

sumblinker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hello guys!

I have a problem with a few homebrew applications like Vice City, GTA III, Return to Castle Wolfeinstein, Homebrew sorter etc. The error code what I’ve got is C2-12828-1. (I tried to fix it with MaiDumpTool but nothing.) Funny because other homebrew games and apps are works fine (Like San Andreas, Bully, Max Payne...) So I think it's not my micro sd card. Official programs are working perfectliy. I found some tips on the web what I should do, but I don't want to mess with the config file because I'm new in Vita stuffs. Someone can help me? :( (I'm on 3.60.)

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
RTCW will work, tested myself 3.60. You must compile the game for yourself with PC files, just read the info on source or release page.
I had not tested any GTA game. It has nothing to do with MaiDumpTool.

MichaelWilliams1234

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Can you send me your config.txt file please so I can have a look at it maybe i will find the problem

Enviado do meu ONEPLUS A3003 através do Tapatalk

sumblinker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
RTCW will work, tested myself 3.60. You must compile the game for yourself with PC files, just read the info on source or release page.
I had not tested any GTA game. It has nothing to do with MaiDumpTool.
I tried to reinstall them, but nothing happens. Someone said I have to use MailDumpTool like this:

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Try out Shadow Warrior PC PORT on your Vita. This game is complete compiled, you just have to install it. (game is for free) When you can start the game, than all is fine, when you can not start the game you are missing 'libshacccg.suprx'. This file is needed to play all PC ports. :)

https://github.com/SonicMastr/PIB-Configuration-Tool/releases

BTW: not all Ports are from the PC version, Max Payne use Android system files from smartphone.

sumblinker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Thanks I will try. Too bad because Vice City is my favourite game, but sadly it's not running on my Vita. I have the libshacccg.suprx already because San Andreas need it. But that's an android port as I know.

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ah yeah remember now. I had the same problem for month agos.

Try GTA and Max Payne at last one. First try the easy one, like Wolf3d or Shadow Warrior.
You use SD2Vita or original Memory card ?
C2-12828-1 is a henkaku problem. There can be many problems, mostly your drive is wrong mounted. That mean your VPK is right installed, but the data files are not. 3.60 works differet to 3.65 and up. For all the PC ports you dont need update to 3.65. You can stay on 3.60 and fix it easy so often that you want. Please restart your console complete, shut it down and restart again, this can help mostly. Go into your settings and check out that your Memory is correct mounted.

Otherwise put all out, SD2Vita and your Memory card and USB, now install Shadow Warrior again only on your system store, this must work, when not than format and install henkaku again. When you have a extra original memory card you can use it for testing only. Use a original Memory card need always restart, make sure that the system files are COPY to the memory card. This will not work on 3.65.

Install first original Memory Card and after that install henkaku on them for 3.60.

RTCW - Install the vpk and copy the data files into ux0:data/
ux0:data/iortcw/main
Copy PC files , pak0.pk3, sp_pak1.pk3 and sp_pak2.pk3 and all the mp_*.pk3 files
Make sure its ux0.

Last edited by peter8,

sumblinker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Ah yeah remember now. I had the same problem for month agos.

Try GTA and Max Payne at last one. First try the easy one, like Wolf3d or Shadow Warrior.
You use SD2Vita or original Memory card ?
C2-12828-1 is a henkaku problem. There can be many problems, mostly your drive is wrong mounted. That mean your VPK is right installed, but the data files are not. 3.60 works differet to 3.65 and up. For all the PC ports you dont need update to 3.65. You can stay on 3.60 and fix it easy so often that you want. Please restart your console complete, shut it down and restart again, this can help mostly. Go into your settings and check out that your Memory is correct mounted.

Otherwise put all out, SD2Vita and your Memory card and USB, now install Shadow Warrior again only on your system store, this must work, when not than format and install henkaku again. When you have a extra original memory card you can use it for testing only. Use a original Memory card need always restart, make sure that the system files are COPY to the memory card. This will not work on 3.65.

Install first original Memory Card and after that install henkaku on them for 3.60.

RTCW - Install the vpk and copy the data files into ux0:data/
ux0:data/iortcw/main
Copy PC files , pak0.pk3, sp_pak1.pk3 and sp_pak2.pk3 and all the mp_*.pk3 files
Make sure its ux0.
Max Payne and San Andreas are working already. I have an sd2vita (32 GB). How do I know if the card mounted correctly? I've restarted of course. I don't want to install henkaku again and I don't have an original card. I hope there is another solution. I'm on 3.60.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like corruption or missing files. That error is just a general error that the game crashed. Iirc, it creates a log, why it crashed, in the data folder under psp2 core or something.

sumblinker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
But I have all files. I've downloaded them from Youtube tutorial descriptions/ mediafire/ github and copy them with Filezilla. GTA SA, Max Payne, Bully works fine, other ports doesn't. some Homebrews also do this sometimes, like Homebrew browser.

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
When Max Payne works for you, than you did something wrong with RTCW, make no sense.
Post a picture of your data folder. Do not download from youtube, make sure you have the newest version of RTCW Steam or GOG.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But I have all files. I've downloaded them from Youtube tutorial descriptions/ mediafire/ github and copy them with Filezilla. GTA SA, Max Payne, Bully works fine, other ports doesn't. some Homebrews also do this sometimes, like Homebrew browser.
the homebrew browser has a folder in the data folder. it's its cache. if you have issues, delete it, and restart the homebrew browser.

sumblinker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
the homebrew browser has a folder in the data folder. it's its cache. if you have issues, delete it, and restart the homebrew browser.
When I deleted the folder the program not even start. :( So I copyed back the folder and now works, but sometimes still do the C2-12828-1 error.

Last edited by sumblinker,

sumblinker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
When Max Payne works for you, than you did something wrong with RTCW, make no sense.
Post a picture of your data folder. Do not download from youtube, make sure you have the newest version of RTCW Steam or GOG.
My data folder:

1646079973013.png

1646080069424.png

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure why that would happen. it's the cache folder, and it wouldn't exist if you just started the hbb for the first time.

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
please open the 'iortcw' go in -> 'main' folder and make a picture, let show me your compiling for RTCW data files and nothing is missing.

what is working for you and what not ?
Bully (?)
GTASA (?)
Max Payne (you say it works, Kubridge should be correct installed)
RTCW (you say not working)

Is Quake III working for you ? Since RTCW is based in QIII engine. You had it not install.

you can delete all psp2core files, this are error messages, it gets more and more.
do you have Hen-Core ? Not sure when you have correct installed libshacccg.suprx.

sumblinker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
please open the 'iortcw' go in -> 'main' folder and make a picture, let show me your compiling for RTCW data files and nothing is missing.

what is working for you and what not ?
Bully (?)
GTASA (?)
Max Payne (you say it works, Kubridge should be correct installed)
RTCW (you say not working)

Is Quake III working for you ? Since RTCW is based in QIII engine. You had it not install.

you can delete all psp2core files, this are error messages, it gets more and more.
do you have Hen-Core ? Not sure when you have correct installed libshacccg.suprx.

Yes. Bully, GTA SA and Max Payne are working. RTCW, Vice City, GTA III and almost everything else are not. (Quake II, Doom, Sonic, Duke Nukem etc...)

Unfortunately I don't have the Quake III data files to try it.

I have these files in the RTCW main folder.

1646224205836.png

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The RTCW original VITA data folder has already sp_pak3.pk3 and sp_pak4.pk3, your files size is wrong. I think you had it over copy. Dont do it, just only copy the files that are saying in the information from the author coder. Make sure you have ~2GB free space and when you start RTCW you must wait a long time.

you - sp_pak4.pk3 : 66821
me - sp_pak4.pk3 : 15.532.040 (15MB)

Compile it again :)

You can delete ui_mp_x86.dll and qagame_mp_x86.dll, this is not needed.
Quake II also not working ?

sumblinker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
The RTCW original VITA data folder has already sp_pak3.pk3 and sp_pak4.pk3, your files size is wrong. I think you had it over copy. Dont do it, just only copy the files that are saying in the information from the author coder. Make sure you have ~2GB free space and when you start RTCW you must wait a long time.

you - sp_pak4.pk3 : 66821
me - sp_pak4.pk3 : 15.532.040 (15MB)

Compile it again :)

You can delete ui_mp_x86.dll and qagame_mp_x86.dll, this is not needed.
Quake II also not working ?
Okay, I'll try it. Yeah, Quake II not working also.

There is a new version of Vice City, but not working neither. I've got the same error message when I try to install it. :(

Last edited by sumblinker,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is a pain sometimes
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Now that they decided to add Tiger handheld and fruit machines.... Newer sets are worthless
    Because who doesn't want to emulate Halo LCD by Tiger when the machine needed to emulate it... Could just play Halo....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Batocera has some tiger games
    I don't have them on mine Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Waste of the 128kb they take
    +1
    Tiger handhelds are good for one thing.... Occupying space in a landfill
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They make good burning plastic
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Makes me wonder if the Pi5 can play PS2? If there's even a core for it yet.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pi5 should be able to do ps2
    Try Dragon Quest VIII it ran perfectly on a core 2 Duo I had
    Easiest game to run I found
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps2 emulation is cake compared to 3 years ago
    Hardest is probably Gran Turismo 4
    It's much better now yes but Gran Turismo 4 is still the hardest one to emulate that I have in my collection
    Runs perfectly fine but it's as if I can feel it always on the boarder line of dropping a frame lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I ordered a spin ball couple days ago to add to my arcade cabinet, will be nice for games like golden tee, or bowling
    I always wanted a controller for like Ikari Warriors, Time Soldiers, Heavy Barrel, Forgotten Worlds games like those
    +1
    Not even sure what to call that controller
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    an online friend I've known since 2021 left me :( bc my attitude is "cutty"
    Sylvester Stallone should have played Kyle Reese lol Arnold still as the Terminator
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    TF DOES "CUTTY" EVEN MEAN?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, he is peruvian so it's probably an idiom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought Cutty was a west coast rapper
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I thought Cutty was a west coast rapper