Hacking Proof TX used code stolen from #reswitched

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
> everytime we explain how this is illegal just for someone to come and say "but it's open source"
obama-kicking-door-gif.gif

From this very thread, I will quote the resident board genius @NeoSlyde ...

Shhhht it’s already too much for them
They only have one neuron :/

It's amazing how many people will post before actually reading a thread. In this particular case, the first post explaining this is literally on the first page of this thread, so it's not incredibly hard to miss.

Yeah, my logic is consistent.
If SX OS was released for free Team Xecuter would be unanimously worshiped here for life. Regardless of any brick codes and other BS.

And you know it.

You make several generalizations, such as assuming that everyone on this site is pro-piracy, and that nobody would have any problems with "brick codes" being implemented into a program, as long as it was released for free. For example, while I have no problem with legitimately created backups, I am against piracy, which is what their product is mainly used for. I take issue with "brick code" being in their software, and would have that complaint even if I were pro-piracy. That's one reason of why I never considered buying their product, but obviously not everyone has a problem with it. Also, from the several threads I have read about the "brick code," it seems like several pro-piracy posters on this site take issue with such code being in there at all, and don't believe that it can be justified. I doubt their opinions would change if the software were to be released for free.

detonyle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks to TX they just did something that works..Redwitched team was unable to really work hard on it because they are Kids with to much emotion..they just gave us some Tgirl drama stories...

Reactions: vstar and thaikhoa

nutinsider

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally could'nt care less either way. Doesnt affect me or really anyone in this thread to be honest. I plan on ordering sx os eventually if there isnt a free alternative before I buy a Switch in August. Im pro homebrew and backup loading.:grog:

Last edited by nutinsider,

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm merely presenting this, I believe TX said they wrote their OS 100% , this contradicts that. When you buy TX, you're getting modified atmosphere code with a splash screen etc.
don't forget the built-in brick code and the 20 dollar backuploader (that is the slowest in the world) we all paid for.

D

Deleted-452294

No and @Draxzelex is wrong too
Hekatee= is pretty much a compiled Atmoshphere+some extras like Nand Backup ETC( this could be wrong but im 90 percent sure)
Fusee Gelee= is just the entry point for RCM so we can run Payloads Every Payload you Run Regardless of what you load has Fusee code in it or it wouldnt work
Fusee= i dont know why he would think its different Its just fusee gelee their both the same
Atmosphere= Once released Will Pretty much replace Hekate Except A few tools that are included with the Hekate payload but they could just be added to a Atmosphere Payload instead. Instead of a CTCear Hekate he would probably make a CTCear Atmosphere its be more viable unless Atmosphere includes those tools

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

NOOOOOOO dude that guy must be on mars Hekate uses fusee payload to gain Kernel level access thats how we can install CFW.
Everytime we launch a payload we are only able to run it beceause of the fusee gelee exploit
Pretty much everything we run we have to used fuee gelee as an entry point first.
Hekate is based on Hekate it just has some tools + allows us to boot a compiled version of atmosphere that can run homebrew
What you are saying doesn't make any sense. Don't advance any arguments without proof. Read the source code for yourself. Additionally, they are explained here: https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/projects
You are absolutely wrong.

wait i thought hekate was just a fusee gelee clone that boots an early version of atmosphere, and the bootloader is the hekate part
awkward now i need to read some
be right back, repairing sysmodules
hekate has nothing to do with Fusée Gelée. They are radically different. Fusée Gelée is a developer tool, that patches BootROM signature checks to allow unsigned bootloader loading and unsigned RCM commands, among many other things.
The "bootloader" is however hekate, indeed.

Reactions: Draxzelex

ByteBite

Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles
It would be nice if a mod could edit the OP to add some quick facts about open source software and licensing. Not sure it would make an impact, though.

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
...and make profit out of it?

Will (or do) they make profit out of it? Or could it be that this will be (or is) a part of SX OS Lite for anyone to use regardless of payment? I mean, LFS is already available for free. Charging for it would be kind of pointless.

Btw, I could just copy some code into a hex editor and claim that someone with a closed-source project stole some open-source code.
Who would proof me wrong?

This scene became garbage because of all the salt over TX.

Last edited by Axido,
Reactions: The14thfly

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yknow, as someone who likes homebrew, likes to code, it's really demoralizing to see what amounts to theft and resale of someones hard work they choose to release under a FOSS license (GPLv2), making their work freely available for others to peruse, with the only condition being that if you want to improve on it, you must do the same (and to ensure anyone else who sees that code can also do the same).

Seeing people defend TX in this thread by saying "ITS FOSS you CAN FREELY take IT"... just pains me.

The fact that people haul this product of theirs with such applaud, when it includes code stolen by others, just... it infuriates me in a way i cant easily describe. Not anger that its getting so popular, but anger that theyre taking other peoples hard work like a pick and mix bag and just resell it with nary a thought.

Also remember how these folks used the same method as bricking GW? Guess what, GW also stole free projects, back when they released A9LH Gateway FastBoot. If these are the same team (which at this point I have little doubt for), then it's unsuprising that these folks are at the same game again.

Basically, if you defend TX, you defend GW and its practices, they've thus far checked pretty much every box GW has done for their product in the 3DS scene.

Summary: Fuck TX/GW.

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will they make profit out of it?

I guess they (being TX) already have. When we assume they really sold 100k units of at least 20 bucks (after taxes and reseller share) they earned 2 million dollars. now we have to subtract development and production which we all know are extremely low in china. so they have clearly made more than a million bucks in profit for that product which is STILL selling like hotcakes.
1 million for a small team of 3-4 people? two or three coders and one who speaks fluent 普通话 to get production and deployment going. I highly doubt a 20+ man company is behind TX now.
so every team member has 300.000 dollars earned until now from this project. when did they start it? around the time they got their hands on the "leaked" exploit.
many of us do not earn 300.000 dollars in 6 months.
so to conclude: yes, they HAVE already made profit.

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh and a follow up, let me just quote the rules here for a second:

Rules said:
We do not allow or condone sharing of title keys or any other form of copyrighted material or content.

SX OS contains material that has copyright violations, which would make publishing or linking to it illegal, maybe food for thought.

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I guess they (being TX) already have. When we assume they really sold 100k units of at least 20 bucks (after taxes and reseller share) they earned 2 million dollars. now we have to subtract development and production which we all know are extremely low in china. so they have clearly made more than a million bucks in profit for that product which is STILL selling like hotcakes.
1 million for a small team of 3-4 people? two or three coders and one who speaks fluent 普通话 to get production and deployment going. I highly doubt a 20+ man company is behind TX now.
so every team member has 300.000 dollars earned until now from this project. when did they start it? around the time they got their hands on the "leaked" exploit.
many of us do not earn 300.000 dollars in 6 months.
so to conclude: yes, they HAVE already made profit.

I guess, you misunderstood something here... or I did. But wasn't this specifically about LayeredFS? That's a feature I haven't seen in SX OS yet. Therefore, they couldn't have turned this specific feature into profit. Their only code that is behind a paywall for now is that backup loader. And unless I got something totally wrong, this is not the topic of this thread.

Last edited by Axido,
D

Deleted-452294

I guess, you misunderstood something here... or I did. But wasn't this specifically about LayeredFS? That's a feature I haven't seen in SX OS yet.
The stolen code in question seems to be nx-hbloader and Atmosphere's Loader re-implementation, from what I've seen on the screenshots.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I'm not going into that. +1