Hacking Proof TX used code stolen from #reswitched

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... TX stole from Atmosphere and developed the code into a full product and now Atmosphere is going to rip off those code from TX?
Atmosphere is its own gimmick, they're taking nothing from TX. TX took code from Atmosphere seemingly to complete their own product in a timely fashion, which is trash.
People go crazy when they can't have their games for free.
To the point of calling CFW "evil and piracy".
that's some consistent logic.
"i can't pirate"
"piracy is evil"

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country
So in summary... Everyone that has SXOS, doesn't care. (Are happy playing their backups)

Everyone that doesn't have SXOS is complaining because they 'may' have taken some code for HBL. And are happy playing their legitimately acquired ROMs.

Esjay131

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean a piracy group stole some code and violated a license? :O
As Professor Oak said "Shocking, isn't it?"

Yeah, my logic is consistent.
If SX OS was released for free Team Xecuter would be unanimously worshiped here for life. Regardless of any brick codes and other BS.

And you know it.
Pretty much, that's how gbatemp has been for ages.

Last edited by Esjay131,
Reactions: ByteBite

sid6581

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Would the GPL also apply if only tiny portions of code had been used? This doesn't seem a Kodi situation were someone distributes a modified version of the software itself without credit and source.

D

Deleted User

Can't stole from open source, nice try.
Sorry, but your wrong. Atmosphere follows gpl Which states
"The GPL does not require you to release your modified version, or any part of it. You are free to make modifications and use them privately, without ever releasing them. This applies to organizations (including companies), too; an organization can make a modified version and use it internally without ever releasing it outside the organization. But if you release the modified version to the public in some way, the GPL requires you to make the modified source code available to the program's users, under the GPL. Thus, the GPL gives permission to release the modified program in certain ways, and not in other ways; but the decision of whether to release it is up to you. Can I have a GPL-covered program and an unrelated nonfree program on the same computer? (#GPLAndNonfreeOnSameMachine) Yes."

PojarNazarovich

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Just finished playing odyssey, already played BOTW, starting DK soon actually. Not being a poor neckbeard living in their parent's basement is GREAT!
Man, you really stupid if you say such things, because of unstable economy in a lot of countries is progressing, a lot of people are have difficulties with having job and enough money even to live, and for you if man can't afford a game he is 30 years old looser who living with his parents. I really starting to think, that on GBAtemp such members like you should be banned from it, cause u can't even use proper argument in discussion and your posts are nothing but subjective crap, which ignores a simple concept of "how the world works"

ICEM4N

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.theninjabunny.com
XP
Country
Austria
Would the GPL also apply if only tiny portions of code had been used? This doesn't seem a Kodi situation were someone distributes a modified version of the software itself without credit and source.
Yes, there's no "minimum size" here. And that's the reason why some companies are avoiding GPL (there are other open source licenses more permissive which what you could do) and wasting lots of money and time re-writing libraries and code.

Reactions: jakibaki

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country
Man, you really stupid if you say such things, because of unstable economy in a lot of countries is progressing, a lot of people are have difficulties with having job and enough money even to live, and for you if man can't afford a game he is 30 years old looser who living with his parents. I really starting to think, that on GBAtemp such members like you should be banned from it, cause u can't even use proper argument in discussion and your posts are nothing but subjective crap, which ignores a simple concept of "how the world works"
Probably don't buy a switch if you don't have a job...

Reactions: g4jek8j54

PatrickD85

Trophies
Website
www.nintendoreporters.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, how to say this in a non-toxic way. I'll try and give that a shot.

a] "some" overlap is bound to happen, how many entry points does one need?
b] that does not mean tx didnt do 'some' work for their end-product, otherwise where is atmosphere/reswitched's product to match the work?
c] you can not rewrite current events ... it released, people either did go or not go for it, all you can do is deal with it.
d] personally; i am still happy with what I currently do have instead of what I do not have

See not all answers are non toxic to some extent but mud throwing among all of use ... well what does that do at this point?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste