Hardware PS VITA (3G) Battery Drains Quickly

wiewiec

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So @wiewiec , you and me we have 3.65 Enzo on the PS Vitas with the drain issue.. Maybe its related to 3.65?

No 100% sure that I had same problems on 3.60. I even tried first 3.65 hack to make sure that it was not related to 3.60. This hack for some time bloced possiblility to even donwgrade etc. since there was no h-encore etc. then. On my previous testings I updated plugins that could give some problems for example I had old SD2Vita plugin - updated it to https://github.com/CelesteBlue-dev/PSVita-StorageMgr/releases. I also updated Enso to https://github.com/SKGleba/enso_ex. Last chance before I buy any battery is found my few batteries that I bought when I noticed this problem few years back.

I also could try wipe it again as @GraveViolento mentioned, but probably I should reinstall sim card reader... Shame that $ony gives us this shitty battery bar without option to have it in % :/

Also when I tried to find some help I noticed that on VITAident GUI on section about battery cycle count was always fixed little around 110 - same was even when I changed batteries - it was little bit odd for me (now after checking cycle count is 113).

NanashiFinal13

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I change the motherboard on the PS Vita 2 days ago (the motherboard was on 3.68, so i run h-encore, then i downgrade to firmware 3.60 with modoru and finally install Henkaku Enzo) and turn the console on and off 5 times per day (so 10 times) and the console only lose 2% of battery. It has the same plugins than before the motherboard swap (all my plugins are on sd to vita mounted as ux0 so literally have the same plugins as before, even use the same ps vita official memory card as uma0). So it wasn't a battery issue after all. But still i don't know what cause that isssue. But changing the motherboard do the trick, so im asuming that the problem its related to the motherboard.

wiewiec

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I change the motherboard on the PS Vita 2 days ago (the motherboard was on 3.68, so i run h-encore, then i downgrade to firmware 3.60 with modoru and finally install Henkaku Enzo) and turn the console on and off 5 times per day (so 10 times) and the console only lose 2% of battery. It has the same plugins than before the motherboard swap (all my plugins are on sd to vita mounted as ux0 so literally have the same plugins as before, even use the same ps vita official memory card as uma0). So it wasn't a battery issue after all. But still i don't know what cause that isssue. But changing the motherboard do the trick, so im asuming that the problem its related to the motherboard.

I heard rumor that it could possibly be caused by wifi/bt module, but really I've not done this before since I wasn't able to unscrew screws on module.

rand92000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well? Is there anything more you had discovered?
I have a similar problem with my Vita Slim. It goes completely drained, now after 2 days of being unused. I see you're on a stable 3.60-3-65, but I'm on 3.70 HENkaku actually from a long time (was on 3.70 since the 3.70 henkaku went out).
I had no such issue at the beginning. It started after a while I hadn't used my Vita for months and it repeats the drain.
I also have SD2Vita.
What I will try is to unplug the battery for 30 minutes and see if the problem is gone. (I saw that it helps sometimes with battery level detection.
So? Do you have any solution after some months?

Last edited by rand92000,

wiewiec

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well? Is there anything more you had discovered?
I have a similar problem with my Vita Slim. It goes completely drained, now after 2 days of being unused. I see you're on a stable 3.60-3-65, but I'm on 3.70 HENkaku actually from a long time (was on 3.70 since the 3.70 henkaku went out).
I had no such issue at the beginning. It started after a while I hadn't used my Vita for months and it repeats the drain.
I also have SD2Vita.
What I will try is to unplug the battery for 30 minutes and see if the problem is gone. (I saw that it helps sometimes with battery level detection.
So? Do you have any solution after some months?

I have not found nothing new about that, my FAT Vita also duscgarges quickky even if IT is turned off... So strange...

robocrazy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have not found nothing new about that, my FAT Vita also duscgarges quickky even if IT is turned off... So strange...
Hello everyone. Well, I had the same problem that drove me crazy.
But a find a solution: that is to remove complete de 3g module from the board, after that, the drain problem as finally gone.

hope that help someone...

rip-it-up

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So I've been having issues with my Vita's battery dying quickly, I have to charge it almost every night if I play it even for just a bit and even on days that I don't even turn it on (I just charge it and pull the plug out) it's already dead. It had been a while since I played my Vita, maybe a couple months so I thought I should replace the battery on it but that didn't fix the issue (got ZTHY Compatible New SP65M Battery Replacement off of Amazon). I use an OEM cable to charge it (even bought another one to see if my cable was an issue). I also play with lowest brightness and it's on airplane mode. I can't seem to figure out what the issue is and I'd really appreciate anyone's help! Oh yeah and I'm running 3.65 Enso.
if you have a multi metre check if anything is getting voltage when off.

i only say this because i had a switch lite which works perfectly on and in sleep. but turn it off and the fan spins at full speed and the cpu is stone cold.

i had another switch lite with battery drain when off< and i reflowed cpu cpu to fix the issue.

tomberyx

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have the same problem, but not often. I think the error is in sleep mode. Try turning off the Vita completely when you're not using it. This method narrows down the search for errors a bit

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 3G model and the battery feels like it drains rather quick so I just keep the screen somewhat to the minimum and play like that.

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Japanese psvita 3g here, same thing.

Weeks ago i disassembled the console the check the sticks, reassembled it, everything was working properly. Then a few days later i think i used a "fix battery" option in some homebrew (forgot which) while messing with stuff, installing iTLS, then i installed and used batteryFixer.
And then the problem started. The console now drains the battery even while turned off. I tested a few hours ago, it drains about 3% every half hour.

I found some post on reddit saying to get rid of yamt and try storagemgr, latest version. I just did it, not sure if it will help.

Edit: Tested again after full removal of yamp, reinstall of storagemgr, lost 6% after 2 hours while completely off.

Edit 2: Second test, fixed?. Reconfigured storagemgr, did a factory reset for settings (keeping data), rebooted the console 2 times, installed that homebrew to shutdown from main menu and used that. Shut down with 82% battery left, one hour later still 82%.

Edit 3: Third test, nope. Dropped big again. From 82% to 75% after only 2 hours. Crap.

Last edited by Pachee,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol