Hacking Ps3Xploit - Now Install CFW from 4.82 OFW : NOR/NAND Software Flash Writer + NOR Dumper Released

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 279,160
  • Replies 1,552
  • Likes 42

Dr. Dew

Trophies
XP
Country
Sudan
mine has been stuck on the orange screen for like 15 mins now... Should I turn off the PS3 manually? i have a slim 2001A model fyi

eureca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I used the redthetrainer site on a compatible slim 25xx PS3 on OFW 4.82. With flsh.hex on the root of the USB closest to the blu ray drive. It says success and to wait a few minutes for it to beep and shut down. I think the PS3 is froze since the control doesn't move and I have been waiting for 30 minutes. Any advice on what to do next? Thanks for any help.

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I used the redthetrainer site on a compatible slim 25xx PS3 on OFW 4.82. With flsh.hex on the root of the USB closest to the blu ray drive. It says success and to wait a few minutes for it to beep and shut down. I think the PS3 is froze since the control doesn't move and I have been waiting for 30 minutes. Any advice on what to do next? Thanks for any help.
Shut off and try again. It should never take more than 15 minutes, at that point it's failed and frozen until you shut down.

Reactions: eureca

PotatisKnug

Trophies
Website
thomas.dusbite.se
XP
Country
Sweden
retry it. Push the power button and wait for the PS3 to shut off, boot it up and redo it. I got it working after 4 tries. I'm now really happy with my rebug. You know it's working when the red background is still waving around.

Reactions: eureca

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I never thought I would be pulling out my old unhacked PS3, UPDATING it, and then proceeding to install CFW onto it.
I've found a few things in my doing this that may fix other problems.
To start, when doing the flash, it seems to be a bit picky about your USB device. I had the flsh.hex on there along with the CFW pup file. It would hang every time. Removing all other files and leaving only the flsh.hex it worked first time. May have been a coincidence, but something worth trying if you are hanging on the exploit.
Once the console shut off I unplugged USB, booted the console, pressed o to ignore the data check, and then copied the CFW pup file to my USB and proceeded to plug it in and install. CFW installed successfully with no issues.

Reactions: Psi-hate

pizzaman2893

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the latest version 4.82? Is it safe to update from official sony servers? Or could I download the update and update from a usb? My phat ps3 is on 4.78 ofw

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You just pulled the words straight out of my mouth.
so in the tutorial it says bookmark the page, and then return to it. is that necessary?

Also I am currently in the page that says "if your system freezes for more than 10 minutes, restart your system" Should I click ok?

jellybeangreen2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was on 4.80 rebug. I installed OFW just to test. The website never worked for me. I had to create local webserver. After going to nor482.html. The PS3 then powered off. Powered back on. Got 4.82 CFW installed via xmb back on CFW now. No need for my hardware flasher anymore... unless it’s propelry bricked of course. Very good work!

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was on 4.80 rebug. I installed OFW just to test. The website never worked for me. I had to create local webserver. After going to nor482.html. The PS3 then powered off. Powered back on. Got 4.82 CFW installed via xmb back on CFW now. No need for my hardware flasher anymore... unless it’s propelry bricked of course. Very good work!
I've learned it's always best to self host. Going through an online host always seems to cause problems for exploits.

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those who get getting the failed expolot error try a usb that is 2.0.

I had a 3.0 one that kept failing but when I made the switch it worked the first time.
I got mine exploiting 5x in a row on a 3.0, I doubt that's the issue. It just now started giving me trouble on that.

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For triggering the exploit, I found something on the tutorial page. Make sure you start from a blank page, it really gets iffy if you go from another website. So quickly get that select button pressed

eureca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shut off and try again. It should never take more than 15 minutes, at that point it's failed and frozen until you shut down.

retry it. Push the power button and wait for the PS3 to shut off, boot it up and redo it. I got it working after 4 tries. I'm now really happy with my rebug. You know it's working when the red background is still waving around.

Thanks trying again now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Y9WKPRUjNQ4?si=raUf8jEiET8rmH2P