Hacking Ps3Xploit - Now Install CFW from 4.82 OFW : NOR/NAND Software Flash Writer + NOR Dumper Released

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 277,792
  • Replies 1,552
  • Likes 42

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The newer models the exploit works fine... it just can't downgrade them for the same reason a hardware MOD can't. However the exploit should allow homesbrew and such once an appropriate payload is constructed for it however it would be a temp hack unlike this.

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My phat NOR model just keeps saying failed to trigger exploit and tells me to wait. Then after a bit it says it failed 10 times and to refresh the page... tried 5 times now.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

On the dumpers or the flasher....

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Just checked my PS3 Slim and it was built Sep 2011 and 3001A
Seems I am SOL?
Yes, for the moment you're SOL

My phat NOR model just keeps saying failed to trigger exploit and tells me to wait. Then after a bit it says it failed 10 times and to refresh the page... tried 5 times now.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

On the dumpers or the flasher....
That also happened to me and I managed to fix it by using another USB stick (with the old one it only said Failed 10 times, refresh page, and then later on it got stuck 3 times on Success, then I changed the USB and worked perfectly)

Reactions: mikey420
D

Deleted User

OP
Managed to turn on my phat PS3 and load the webpage of @Sasori
My PS3 is Cxxx so I use the NAND downgrade method, but it always says Triggering exploit FAILED 10 times - refresh the page...
I've deleted all the thigns I could delete on my browser and it still does the same...
EDIT: Yes, I have a FAT32 USB stick with the correct file on the root, and it's connected on the FAR RIGHT USB slot
EDIT2: Ok, now I'm stuck at success... I'll wait...
If the system freezes for more than 10 minutes reboot and try again

Reactions: esc0rtd3w

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
If the system freezes for more than 10 minutes reboot and try again
I managed to solve it by using another USB stick, but when I was about to install ferrox the system said "The file is damaged" both on XMB and Recovery.
I'm not at home rn, but I'll do everything again when I get back

Bernhard

Psycho
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going to link to the original article to give credit where credit is due and for the sake of time

http://www.psx-place.com/threads/ps...tware-flash-writer-nor-dumper-released.15500/

If you're just looking to use the exploit and don't care to read through the whole article I have taken the liberty of putting the exploit on a webhost for you guys already that you're more than welcome to use if you would like and will put the instructions at the bottom of the thread.

• PS3 Phat: this CFW installer will work for you
  • PS3 Slim: Will work on most models, but you have to check your factory firmware
  • PS3 SuperSlim: This release is not for you

PS3 OFW 4.82 NAND/NOR FLASH WRITER v1.0
Important -- AVOIDING A BRICK

• Verify flsh.hex file on a flash drive and in the far right USB slot!
    • 4.82 flsh.hex MD5: 8E156C99101BF36EC3EDB832982AE46D
  • DO NOT USE ON CFW (Custom Firmware) (Only Supports OFW)
  • DO NOT USE ON PS3 Models 3xxx/4xxx (aka SuperSlims / Late Slim models) you will brick those console.

PLEASE READ FIRST:
  • It's essential not to flood the browser memory with junk before running the exploit. The reason for this is that due to javascript core memory usage limitations we are scanning several times a small range of browser memory (a few Mb) to find some essential data in RAM, if the memory is flooded then the range to scan becomes much larger & the probabilities that our data is found in the smaller range decrease dramatically..
  • So in short, never use the browser or set a homepage you cancel before running the exploit!
  • If you need to, set the homepage to 'blank', close the browser then reopen it to start the flash writer.

v1.0.0 - Initial Release
  • Supports Direct OFW to CFW patching for All Phat and 2xxx Slim (minver 3.56 Dec 2010 and lower)
  • the NOR/NAND writer will just copy 3Mb of CoreOS data to both ros0 & ros1 in the flash memory.
  • There is only one version released for 4.82. The same hex patch file can be used on nor & nand.
  • It's as safe as possible, with a check for usb device & patch file making the exploit hang instead of corrupting flash if file is not found.
  • In case of corruption (extremely rare but could always happen), it's only a partial brick because no per console info ever gets erased so a hardware flasher could still be used if ever a recovery reboot was impossible.
Usage Tips:
1) Try using a LAN connection or a solid WiFi connection during exploitation. A weak signal can cause problems.
2) If the exploit takes more than 5 minutes to work, reload page, browser, or restart console and try again.
3) If you are using a LAN connection and experience network issues, make sure all cables to router are in working order.

Steps:
1. Setup a small Web server on pc or smartphone. A custom miniweb application has been created by Aldo, and supplied to host files if you would like to use it. Don't come to us for explanations about how to run a http server though. Google it.

2. Extract the files from release to your http server root folder.

3. Copy the "flsh.hex" file from release folder to root of flash drive.

4. Put a FAT32 USB key in port closest to BD Drive (/dev_usb000).

5. DOUBLE-CHECK your flash drive on XMB to make sure it shows up under Music, Photos, Videos, etc.

6. Open the PS3 browser File Address window, go to redthetrainer.com/ps3 or the IP address if you're running it locally & press the Start button.

7. Select the appropriate button for your console and wait for PS3 to power down. DO NOT STOP THE PROCESS ONCE STARTED!!

8. Once PS3 has powered down, reboot console and install CFW matching OFW version. If installing through XMB does not work, boot to recovery and install.
no super slim, :'(?

kingsora831

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Muhahaha.
I purchased a Cech-2001A literally last week in anticipation of this, even after the team said it wouldnt be released till Early 2018.
Totally worth the early purchase now. Im sure ebay is gonna be rampaged with people trying to buy a compatible model.

Now my banned Launch Day Fat can have a much deserve break. Will be using the slim as the main Console going forward and NEVER GOING ONLINE.

Last edited by kingsora831,

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The exploit always says it fails dto trigger

It worked for me. I had a blank home page and then went to the correct page for nand/nor, rebooted the console, go to internet & load the url from the history, click the exploit button without scrolling (for me the pointer was in the right place)

Im sure ebay is gonna be rampaged with people trying to buy a compatible model.

They'll just take over from the people who were buying them to hard mod.

Last edited by smf,
Reactions: esc0rtd3w

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since