Hacking Ps3Xploit - Now Install CFW from 4.82 OFW : NOR/NAND Software Flash Writer + NOR Dumper Released

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 277,521
  • Replies 1,552
  • Likes 42

Bawol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hey,
I'm on OFW 4.82 CECH 2504, minverchk shows 3.50, the NOR goes to "success" and PS3 turns off after 2 seconds.
I turn on the PS3, put the CFW 4.82 to correct folder on FAT 32 USB stick (tried 2.0 and 3.0). When i try to update to CFW IT goes to 70% and "the data is corrupted" shows up. I read all the posts of people having this issue across 3 different boards, and went through whole process exploit->CFW updates and nothing works.
Trier both system and recovery mode always getting "the data is corrupted".
Yes, i've downloaded cfw few times and checked the md5.

Jmohod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Self hosting with an ethernet cable and I still can't get the exploit to take hold. I've had it triple beep and shut down immediately trying to install a CFW leads to corrupted data error. I've had countless freezing on "success" Sometimes it just fails to trigger the exploit. I was at this for more than 12 hours yesterday. Spent another 2 this morning. I'm calling it quits. Thanks everyone for their help maybe another more stable release will be out soon.

busmanl30

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey what does 25xx =NOR (3.56 and lower) mean because this is on one of my ps3s, can somebody please help me ill appreciate it a lot

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
hey what does 25xx =NOR (3.56 and lower) mean because this is on one of my ps3s, can somebody please help me ill appreciate it a lot
I really shouldn't help you since you refuse to read, but go to the link in the OP, go to the third tap titled "FAQ" and read the compatibility part about the Minvercheck pup.

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

25XX = 2501 or whatever numbers are to follow. If you have a 25xx use minverchk to see what the lowest you can take your console. 3.56 or lower. 3.60 or above is no good.

busmanl30

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Self hosting with an ethernet cable and I still can't get the exploit to take hold. I've had it triple beep and shut down immediately trying to install a CFW leads to corrupted data error. I've had countless freezing on "success" Sometimes it just fails to trigger the exploit. I was at this for more than 12 hours yesterday. Spent another 2 this morning. I'm calling it quits. Thanks everyone for their help maybe another more stable release will be out soon.
dude go o http://redthetrainer.com/ps3 on your ps3 and select NOR and Nand writer and pick NOR and write to NOr and retry retry until you get it. t should work

pizzaman2893

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my retarded self was trying to flash nand instead of nor like I was supposed to *facepalm* but after that it was pretty easy. Got rebug on there got ps1,ps2 backups running about to try tales of vesparia and I got some other ps3 iso's on my external hdd I need to try. So I'm excited. Good stuff man

Reactions: Shadowfied

busmanl30

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
25XX = 2501 or whatever numbers are to follow. If you have a 25xx use minverchk to see what the lowest you can take your console. 3.56 or lower. 3.60 or above is no good.
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES
THANK YOU I LOVE YOU
I CAN HACK IT

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So my retarded self was trying to flash nand instead of nor like I was supposed to *facepalm* but after that it was pretty easy. Got rebug on there got ps1,ps2 backups running about to try tales of vesparia and I got some other ps3 iso's on my external hdd I need to try. So I'm excited. Good stuff man
thank you bro anytime

Jmohod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dude go o http://redthetrainer.com/ps3 on your ps3 and select NOR and Nand writer and pick NOR and write to NOr and retry retry until you get it. t should work
I tried that for hours yesterday with no luck. Followed steps from guides here on seven sins and psx palace. No luck. I was able to get it to work on my cousin's Slim 2XXX.
EDIT - I missed you telling me to write to NOR. My PS3 is a phat CECHK which the image tells me is supposed to write to NAND.

Last edited by Jmohod,

busmanl30

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried that for hours yesterday with no luck. Followed steps from guides here on seven sins and psx palace. No luck. I was able to get it to work on my cousin's Slim 2XXX.
keep tying bro its not the best exploit but it works :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

EDIT - I missed you telling me to write to NOR. My PS3 is a phat CECHK which the image tells me is supposed to write to NAND.
ok well it has a NAND option too

Reactions: Jmohod

pizzaman2893

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah just keep trying, if you can try different usb flash drives, restart your ps3 everytime it fails. Seemed to help me.

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Just saw the news. Glad it's happening! :D
Now I have a question: 3 years ago, I've installed the Cobra ODE on my PS3 slim console. I accidentally updated the console to version 4.63, and realized it's impossible to fix it unless I buy another part for the ODE or downgrade with a E3 flasher.
So I kept my ODE in PT(Pass-through) mode, never enabling my Cobra ODE ever again.
What i'm asking is....is it possible for me right now to use this new method in order to achieve CFW again? If not, what should I do?
I haven't updated my PS3 OFW since then, and i'm worried this method will brick my console.

any answers?

THYPLEX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've placed the file in the root of my USB drive , why ?

Attachments

• 1511629435603-737394971.jpg
    1511629435603-737394971.jpg
    771 KB · Views: 249

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CECHH and higher are NOR consoles. Use the NOR exploit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: 4th wife