Hacking Ps3Xploit - Now Install CFW from 4.82 OFW : NOR/NAND Software Flash Writer + NOR Dumper Released

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 278,507
  • Replies 1,552
  • Likes 42

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you get discord so I can show you what I'm doing
I don't use discord, and don't have time to personally help people. I just pop in and out of these forums every so often. I also don't know very much about this. I only just started playing with ps3 exploits yesterday. I only seem to know a lot because I am an IT major that can walk through basic troubleshooting. After that I'm not much help for the ps3. I've already given all the info I currently have for trying to get it to work. Not much more I can think of to help right now.

Reactions: Ryccardo

busmanl30

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't use discord, and don't have time to personally help people. I just pop in and out of these forums every so often. I also don't know very much about this. I only just started playing with ps3 exploits yesterday. I only seem to know a lot because I am an IT major that can walk through basic troubleshooting. After that I'm not much help for the ps3. I've already given all the info I currently have for trying to get it to work. Not much more I can think of to help right now.
Honestly I'm getting ready to throw this shit out the window and called it jailbroken cuz they "say" it's going to work when all these PS3 never works for me. There is always a problem

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Honestly I'm getting ready to throw this shit out the window and called it jailbroken cuz they "say" it's going to work when all these PS3 never works for me. There is always a problem
I honestly just wanted to have fun and enjoy modding and shut but this world never lets me have fun.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
can i get banned from sen enabler,psnpatch and other homebrew?
There's always a ban risk playing online on a hacked system (apparently). Personally I've been doing it for a year using PS Ninja + PSNPatch with no issues though.
I have a Phat. 80GB model. I know it works with this exploit. My question is, what's next after I get cfw? Do I have to worry about a ban? Keep in mind that I don't really go online with my PS3 except to watch WWE Network and Youtube. I don't plan on playing any multiplayer.
If the apps you're using (WWF / YouTube) does not require a PSN login, then you're fine.

repulse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for noob question : is it definitive, or any way to get back to stock, or switching between both OFW and CFW ? It's about online playing... Or maybe it is safe ?

sp3off

GBATemp's least active boy
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Most of those options aren't useful to standard users, which most people here seem to be. Giving them access to those items may actually be a bad thing if people decide to mup about with settings they know nothing about.

Depends on how the user is. If he's a "i-won't-touch-at-all" person, well Rebug is good for him as long as he do not modify things using the toolbox.
If he's a "lemme-smash-mah-peeasstree" person well it's his own responsability.

Sorry for noob question : is it definitive, or any way to get back to stock, or switching between both OFW and CFW ? It's about online playing... Or maybe it is safe ?

Definitive CFW. You can play online using PSNPatch or SEN Enabler if you choosed the Rebug CFW. But you can switch from CFW to OFW. But why would you go OFW if you already hacked your console ? It makes no sense.

LAN? You mean wired? I'm using wired

Yes this is what I meant. Well it should normally work fine if it's wired...

Shit I'm still experiencing problems I made a YouTube video

Wipe cookies and everything on the Web Browser. Instead of about:blank, try to link it directly into the exploit's page.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
not correct. the 2501A is compatible

2501A might be compatible, you of course need to check with minvercheck

After getting nothing but "data is corrupted (8002XXXX)" errors while trying to install CFW for the last 4 hours I formatted my PS3 (after backing up), still getting the same corrupted message. I got the NOR dump no problem but the exploit doesn't seem to ever actually work after successfully triggering (beeping three times and shutting down). Tried multiple CFWs, USB is in the right slot. I get stuck on either 73 or 74%, every single time.

Anyone have suggestions? This is really maddening.

What CFW are you trying to install and what is the sha1 hash of it?

xacobecm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
On the se7ensins guide you link in the OP, i don't understand what i should do in the last step:
  1. Download REBUG 4.81.2 REX EDITION to usb key and update console in the usual way
I have succesfully completed the tutorial until this step

Bawol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm on OFW 4.82 CECH 2504, minverchk shows 3.50, the NOR goes to "success" and PS3 turns off after 2 seconds.
I turn on the PS3, put the CFW 4.82 to correct folder on FAT 32 USB stick (tried 2.0 and 3.0). When i try to update to CFW IT goes to 70% and "the data is corrupted" shows up. I read all the posts of people having this issue across 3 different boards, and went through whole process exploit->CFW updates and nothing works.
Tried both system and recovery mode always getting "the data is corrupted".
Yes, i've downloaded cfw few times and checked the MD5: c4a878c836be5ef13a660109a8941bbd
And it is correct.
I tried both local server and reds deleting cookies, cache and history each time I get success message and shutdown 1 second after it shows.

80 tries and counting.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
On the se7ensins guide you link in the OP, i don't understand what i should do in the last step:
  1. Download REBUG 4.81.2 REX EDITION to usb key and update console in the usual way
I have succesfully completed the tutorial until this step

download REBUG 4.81.2 REX EDITION from https://rebug.me/official-rebug-4-81-2-cobra-7-5-toolbox-2-02-12-jan-10th-2017/
(they make you download a zip and then in the zip is a link to the CFW)

then put it on the USB stick like you did FERROX. Then install it.

Reactions: xacobecm

THYPLEX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'd also like to know what Rebug has more than Ferrox, but so far, after me asking 4 times throughout this thread, only one has been able to reply with "something" (which was really nothing).
I'd say just stick with Ferrox 4.82 Cobra.
I've placed the ducktales iso in the ps3 webman folder , but i can't see it

I have no idea what PSNStuff is.

You're not gonna get banned for using the internet, but if you sign into PSN you might. If you use PSNinja and PSNPatch before you go online though you should be decently safe though.

xacobecm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
download REBUG 4.81.2 REX EDITION from rebug.me/official-rebug-4-81-2-cobra-7-5-toolbox-2-02-12-jan-10th-2017/
(they make you download a zip and then in the zip is a link to the CFW)

then put it on the USB stick like you did FERROX. Then install it.
Thanks man, I didn't know whether to download the REX or D-REX file, I'm totally noob in PS3 scene.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1