Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The User Guide:

Indeed it doesn't survive a reboot (sleep works though like @Dustii said above) and there's no permanent install option at this time and wont be in the near future.. I guess that answers that :P

Thats weird because I was told it was persistent.... perhaps I have crossed wires, but its definitely oni-framework.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: ploggy

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thats weird because I was told it was persistent.... perhaps I have crossed wires, but its definitely oni-framework.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It would be cool for it to be persistent, but honestly I'm just glad we're getting an updated kernel at this point :P If a full persistent CFW comes from this then.. Bonus! :)

Reactions: peteruk and KiiWii

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
I now kinda regret that I updated my PRO to the latest firm.
But I still have a stock PS4 at 5.05 ....

Am glad I didn't update my Pro :D

@KiiWii I didn't give into my friend enticing me to update by offering his digital copy of God of War :P I almost got swayed, but then I started Far Cry 5 on PC and kept God of War on hold. Am just so glad I didn't update :D

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom

@KiiWii I didn't give into my friend enticing me to update by offering his digital copy of God of War :P I almost got swayed, but then I started Far Cry 5 on PC and kept God of War on hold. Am just so glad I didn't update :D

Nicely done!

Good things always come to those who wait!

Reactions: GaaraPrime

GunzOfNavarone

Trophies
XP
Country
I wonder whether we will ever see a way to play newer games down the line. I know that cracking the newer firmware revisions would be required or some type of spoofing method, but I'm thinking where there's a will there's a way given that we still have some great titles on the horizon.

Last edited by GunzOfNavarone,

Godofcheese

Insane
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

Yeah, I'm happy for you mate....*Angry noises*
"Comes up with something that will make the anxiety go away".... Why cripple the good "powerful" system when you can play games the legit way on it, then have a secondary machine just for those homebrew stuff.... Yeah that's it, I'm smart! not that totally fucked it up by updating the pro the day before hearing about this... no .. no...

Reactions: GaaraPrime

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Yeah, I'm happy for you mate....*Angry noises*
"Comes up with something that will make the anxiety go away".... Why cripple the good "powerful" system when you can play games the legit way on it, then have a secondary machine just for those homebrew stuff.... Yeah that's it, I'm smart! not that totally fucked it up by updating the pro the day before hearing about this... no .. no...

I can totally understand your feeling. Am glad that you can afford to have a second PS4. I simply can't, mostly because in my country, a PS4 is exorbitantly costly. I got SUPER LUCKY with my PS4 Pro. Got it from a friend who went to Dubai, told him to ditch the box, and he got lucky by not getting held up in customs at the airport :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hide your family grandpa's not even safe +1