TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
TheDarkSeed said:
I'd say the PSP Go failed as bad as the virtual boy.
Difference is the Virtual Boy is worth more now than the PSPgo will ever be for several reasons
1. It was it's own console and not another iteration of a current console.
2. It had it's own exclusive games that are almost as hard to find as it is.
3. AVGN did a video about it
4. It's Nintendo, I'm not trying to suggest Nintendo is better than Sony, but it's Nintendo
and probably other reasons as well.
Edit: The PSP Go failed as bad as the N-gage.
????????????????????????
???????????????????????
?????????????????????
????????????????????
The fail whale is in da house!

TheYummyKenshin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PSP Go was doomed to failed from the moment Sony failed to get the rights to distribute all their games digitally. How can you claim the PSP Go as a viable upgrade to the PSP when you have a major game (Kingdom Hearts: BBS) not playable on it?

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
because AVGN making a video of something suddenly makes that item more valuable
rolleyes.gif

Jugarina

Trophies
Website
youngevity.com
XP
Country
United States
Glad It has officially failed, now I won't have to reply back anymore to the Go fan-boys saying the go is way better then the earlier models when I gave other people sound advice.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
machomuu said:
because AVGN making a video of something suddenly makes that item more valuable
rolleyes.gif
In this case it does due to the fact that more people desire it, and thus more people obtain it, and thus it becomes rarer and more valuable. Plus AVGN's a pretty popular person on the internet and thus it's no doubt that enthusiasts and collectors saw his video.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once it got hacked, the PSP Go went from a joke, to perhaps the coolest handheld for emulation. I bought 3 systems from my work when the price dropped, and my discount made them around $77.00 (US) each. We went from having around 15 used systems to only a couple within a month.

Having perfect NeoGeo, CPS1-2, and most major emus is amazing, and the internal storage is very convenient. I love my PSP Gos........ R.I.P.
grog.gif

papavader

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
prwlr. said:
I love my PSP Go.

Doesn't matter to me that they stopped production but oh well, HATERS ARE STILL GOING TO HATE
And lovers are still going to love. Your point is... ?

tumbleweed.gif

Trite memes aside, this was doomed to fail. Sony did everything wrong with this. Why they alienated the bulk of their potential customers is beyond me. Then again, Sony's gaming division had some really bad decisions in recent years.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
And yet they make the Xperia play which is pretty much the same thing except with a phone.
Plus, I don't know if the PSP Go was ever hacked or not, but if so it would have helped sales.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Schlupi said:
I have grown to LOVE my Go. Monster Hunter = very comfy.

16 GB internal storage = GODLY.

I suggest people buy one now, the price is bound to go up for hackable models.
I'm thinking about getting either a go or a 2000. I mean, I would get a Go if I had money, but I don't feel like wasting extra cash on something I don't really need.

Arwen20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't say I'm surprised, I only purchased one because I got a good deal on a used one. I have enjoyed my psp go, but if a good trade-in offer is available when the NGP comes out I may consider upgrading.

SS4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The concept was good, but it was so poorly implemented.

In my case the thing that appeals me the most about flash cart is to be able to store my game library on a computer HD and load multiple games on my gaming device at once without switching CD, cassette or whatever.

Give me low costing game and the ability to transfer them wherever I want And i wont need to pirate anything anymore. I always buy games in bargain bin for my older systems. So the low price of used game/older game with the convenience of a flashcart would be perfect and would actually reduce piracy alot instead of those useless AP that waste money and increase game price and also hinder legal customers when poorly done.

jerome27

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The PSP in general has been dead for a long time. Its a complete disaster in the west. They couldn't sell PSP software if they gave it away for free. Hardware might move, but software sales were never there. (Unless you live in Japan and you like Monster Hunter.)

PSP Go was a joke and it helped kill the PSP line. This is why they're not calling NGP PSP2. Sure it still carries the playstation brand, but its not going to be called Playstation Portable. That brand is dead and burried.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jerome27 said:
The PSP in general has been dead for a long time. Its a complete disaster in the west. They couldn't sell PSP software if they gave it away for free. Hardware might move, but software sales were never there. (Unless you live in Japan and you like Monster Hunter.)

PSP Go was a joke and it helped kill the PSP line. This is why they're not calling NGP PSP2. Sure it still carries the playstation brand, but its not going to be called Playstation Portable. That brand is dead and burried.
NGP is just a code name

they will give it a proper name (PSP2) @ E3

G

GentleFist

lol requiescat in pace psp go

i saw it in the shop for 130 euros and had to laugh because noone bought it
next week i saw it for 70 euros xD
psp go for 70 euros looool

they really sucked

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Schlupi said:
I have grown to LOVE my Go. Monster Hunter = very comfy.

16 GB internal storage = GODLY.

I suggest people buy one now, the price is bound to go up for hackable models.
I'm thinking about getting either a go or a 2000. I mean, I would get a Go if I had money, but I don't feel like wasting extra cash on something I don't really need.

FYI, a Go would run you less than a 2000 + 8 GB memory stick.

Twice the memory... the only reason you should want a 2000 is for better PSX support through Pops (which will be coming for 6.20/6.35 any day now...).

Even so the PSX on 6.35 is great as is. the ONLY game I couldn't get working was Revelations:Persona. All of my other eboots (Chrono Trigger, FF 4,5,6,7,8,9, Brave Fencer Musashi, Parasite Eve, Persona 2: Innocent Sin, Persona 2: Eternal Punishment (ENG), etc.) worked fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool