Hacking [PSP] La Pucelle Ragnarok Translation

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The translation bits, of course, are probably gonna be the toughest parts.

It's surprising how much was added though to the PSP version. Becomes a shame that NISA skipped over it, as it did. At least now work is being done though to get it out.

D

Deleted User

Wow chep long time no see. (i stopped receiving emails from this thread somehow -mostly my mistake-)
I see you switched to xdelta for patching, does this include the 3 we used to replace before?
I guess this patching method requires a clean iso every time, you can't just update your previously patched iso. right?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
To make some freespace on your HDD, someone suggested making a reverse-patch to restore the patched ISO.
When you apply your patch, before deleting the original ISO, create a patch using Xdelta UI (original : put the patched file, Target: put the clean ISO, generate the patch). Keep this patch and delete your official ISO.
Apply this patch on your patched ISO to get the original one (I didn't test it).

He could also provide a "patch update", to apply on the previous version instead of the cleaned ISO. (it could even be smaller than the full patch, as only the last chapter was added).

I don't have space problem and prefer keeping the original ISO and apply on it.

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My plan is to keep releasing patches using xdelta based on the clean iso. I do not want to confuse people by having multiple releases for the same patch.

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is possible NIS may have changed the translation from the original PS2 japanese version but I doubt it. Going through the files that hold the script and NPC they ran into a counter file size limit because of the PSP memory. In the PS2 version it is in one file whereas the PSP is split between 17 files. They were also lazy and anything new in the file is added to the end of it. Also they kept many of the same pointer identifies as the PS2 version so its easy to see where they added new lines since I have the PS2 files as well as the PSP ones.

xhai

Trophies
XP
Country
ULJS-00244_10216204030_551.png

View attachment 5526

Hi ChepChep this is the two DLC character of La pucelle ragnarok..

i was thinking of that the DLC affect the patch when installing it.. can you check it out

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xhai,

I am 100% sure the DLC content breaks everything. The patch is based on the clean no DLC iso. There is little chance I will be able to apply a patch to it. Also I do not know Japanese which will make it hard to translate it to English.

Reactions: Linka

mr allen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if this was brought up before, but during the tutorial levels every time someone would say something in middle of the level, like when attacking for the first time, the text would be all garbled up.
neer.png

etq9.png

Edit: should probably mention that this is on patch version 0.1.4

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mr allen,

Thanks for the bug report. It is a know issue. That text is untranslated "flavor" text than pops up randomly in the battles. I not sure where that text is currently stored in the game but I have decided to wait to translate it until the story and NPC are done since it does not add much to the game. In the tutorial, it always picks random flavor text but it is rare in normal battles. One of these days I will get around to translating it.

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The flavor text is honestly one of the nicer touches to battles in this version of the game, I gotta say. It'll probably at least be simple to translate-- even if you can manage to figure out the symbols to google translate it, you can probably get the gist from what they're saying. And the monster text is mainly just monster laughs and the sort...

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I enjoy the flavor text as well but I want to get the basic story and NPC done first. I have found where the text is stored and unfortuntely it is in the START_JP.LZS in the talk00.dat file.

I have most of the english but I have yet to find a way to use the toolkit to insert talk00.dat back into the START_JP.dat and not have the PSP crash. I think there is an issue with the toolkit code and I have yet to spend much time on it.

-ChepChep

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I am now 760 of 760 translated and formatted the NPC text. I still have tons of NPC text that I have no English translation. If anyone is interested in helping please let me know.

I plan to get back to the story soon. Things may slow down around the holiday for a few weeks.

D

Deleted User

Merry Christmass Chep, awesome work!
Why not start a simple free blog at http://wordpress.com/ where you can keep things organized?
it's hard to find the latest patch on this thread since it's not your thread you can't edit the first post a blog would be perfect, it will also give the project an official site and more exposure through Google.
No need anything fancy it can be setup in 10 minutes.

mr allen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Merry Christmass Chep, awesome work!
Why not start a simple free blog at http://wordpress.com/ where you can keep things organized?
it's hard to find the latest patch on this thread since it's not your thread you can't edit the first post a blog would be perfect, it will also give the project an official site and more exposure through Google.
No need anything fancy it can be setup in 10 minutes.
Chep has actually been putting the patches in the first post as Cyan gave him access to it a little while ago.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: which one