Homebrew Purging all trace of arm9loaderhax without a system format?

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Main question is in the title. And when I say "all" I do mean all.Second question. If you buy a DSiWare game, then copy it to SD Card, does the save go with it?

Because I have a long ball plan...

Last edited by N7Kopper, , Reason: Because people are apparently skim reading, I put huge emphasis on the most important term.
D

Deleted-379826

Main question is in the title. And when I say "all" I do mean all.
Second question. If you buy a DSiWare game, then copy it to SD Card, does the save go with it?

Because I have a long ball plan...
You can't just copy dsiware to your SD card. Unless you pirated a .cia online and plan to install it. But how would you do that without A9LH and for the dsiware downgrade it also must be legit.

N7Kopper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can't just copy dsiware to your SD card. Unless you pirated a .cia online and plan to install it. But how would you do that without A9LH and for the dsiware downgrade it also must be legit.
You didn't answer my question. At all.
If I bought Fieldrunners on the eShop, then installed the hacked save, would the save go to the SD Card?

Last edited by N7Kopper,

Aletron9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I bought Fieldrunners on the eShop, then installed the hacked save, would the save go to the SD Card?

the save for fieldrunners or any dsi game is stored in NAND. that is why we need a 3ds with arm9 permissions to write to the TWLN part of NAND to change the save of the game so it can be system transferred and used to downgrade.

Reactions: Deleted-379826
D

Deleted-379826

Alright that was definitely my bad! Alright so this is how it works, when you buy it, it installs the save to nand also. But something it does after system transfer is copy the game plus save to SD. There may also be something in settings to do this too? Even if you could do it in settings it would most likely be encrypted on top of that.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

the save for fieldrunners or any dsi game is stored in NAND. that is why we need a 3ds with arm9 permissions to write to the TWLN part of NAND to change the save of the game so it can be system transferred and used to downgrade.
If you noticed after a system transfer it gives you the option to move it to your SD card. It's probably encrypted though. This is how you would get your dsiware plus save on the other system it copies that backup the system put on the sd card to nand.

N7Kopper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Alright that was definitely my bad! Alright so this is how it works, when you buy it, it installs the save to nand also. But something it does after system transfer is copy the game plus save to SD. There may also be something in settings to do this too? Even if you could do it in settings it would most likely be encrypted on top of that.

If you noticed after a system transfer it gives you the option to move it to your SD card. It's probably encrypted though.
I know it's encrypted. That's why my idea involves purging hax without a "format" after buying and installing the game and save. And backing up.

D

Deleted-379826

I know it's encrypted. That's why my idea involves purging hax without a "format" after buying and installing the game and save. And backing up.
Well uh yeah that's all the info I can provide. If you want to move it to SD you must system transfer.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The concept in the topic title is inherently wrong, A9LH itself is in the kernel partitions which aren't touched by a system """format""".

That's what a nand backup, made as early as possible during modding (as soon as you can open decrypt9, or even before thanks to hardmod) is for!

wiiu more like pee u

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so you want to:
hack fieldrunners save on the hacked 3ds
move it to sd card via system settings
put that sd card into the hacked 3ds
import the save onto fieldrunners so now the unhacked 3ds will have a hacked copy of fieldrunners

It doesn't work. I system transferred a couple weeks ago and it only transferred my nnid, so i redownloaded fieldrunners on unhacked 3ds, and restored my nand back, so now both 3ds had the game, and i followed the steps but nothing. only a system transfer will work

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo