Purple/pink screen OLED after HWFLY install

Jagovi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
@rull_bull

I have done the resistor change, my chip is the called “new oled” in the message that you said to me, but I got purple screen when boot OFC. CFW works fine. I have been reading about it but I can’t solve it. If I go to console info -> eMMC i get the image message.

In HW &Fuses I get the fuses of image.
Any idea?

Thanks!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 28
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 23

gregozone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hello everyone, I install a HWFLY v4 on my switch oled and I’m sure than everything it’s soldered correctly, but when I finish the installation and turns on the switch the HWFLY led blinks on purple some minutes and then blinks red fast and then the screen of the switch turns purple/pink and starts turning on and off I don’t know what this happen but anyone know what I can do to resolve this problem?
I've experienced this, the solution at that time was, replace the SD card with a new one by installing a new atmosphere, hopefully it can help

Jagovi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I installed the chip on my OLED Switch. Everything went smoothly (I've installed over 50 on OLEDs). When I turned it on, it asked for the SD card, so I shut down the console. I put the files on the SD card and launched Hekate, created my EmuNAND, and started it. I installed a game and then opened Tinfoil, but I got an SSL error related to the time. I launched a couple of apps to try to sync the time. I tried starting in OFW to see if there was a conflict with the time set in OFW, but noticed it wouldn't boot. I've changed the resistors on the chip at points A and C to 100 ohms, but it's still the same. Initially, I got a black screen after the Nintendo logo, now it's just a purple screen. CFW still boots and works fine.

rull_bull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
@rull_bull

I have done the resistor change, my chip is the called “new oled” in the message that you said to me, but I got purple screen when boot OFC. CFW works fine. I have been reading about it but I can’t solve it. If I go to console info -> eMMC i get the image message.

Any idea?

Thanks!!!

Your emmc is corrupt, if you have the complete backup and all the keys you could restore the emmc

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
@rull_bull

Any idea?

Thanks!!!
You can mount your emuMMC to dump your prodinfo or just use tegra explorer, from there you can start rebuilding your sysNAND

noobzayt

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
@rull_bull

Any idea?

Thanks!!!
I am facing the exact issue like as you. Did you come up with a solution? I am perfectly fine with emunand but when i selecting to boot ofw it goes purple screen. I haven't change the resistor yet.

Woody211

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am facing the exact issue like as you. Did you come up with a solution? I am perfectly fine with emunand but when i selecting to boot ofw it goes purple screen. I haven't change the resistor yet.

You can test the resistor while still on the board with a multimeter. Only change if it reads out of spec.

gueshkiller66

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So if it can help guys I can confirm that purple screen after a modchip install is (for my case) the cmd line, I can confirm too because I fuckedb up one side of the resistor, but thanks god not the trace, at first I not seen it but the weird lecture of the multimeter made me to change it , I had some weird measure, so it made me change the resistor and everything is ok now ...so i not saying it the absolute true, but yeah my purple screen was due to bad cmd resistor command....
I changed the resistor of 4,7khom , and everything is alllright now
Post automatically merged:

ps: you have to be very relaxed lol, it's 201 size resistors, have tiny pencil tooo
so , not everybody can do this, be carefull, I have experience in modding etc but really, nintendo switch is The thing ^^ , if you not have a microscope you are fucked up ^^

So if it can help guys I can confirm that purple screen after a modchip install is (for my case) the cmd line, I can confirm too because I fuckedb up one side of the resistor, but thanks god not the trace, at first I not seen it but the weird lecture of the multimeter made me to change it , I had some weird measure, so it made me change the resistor and everything is ok now ...so i not saying it the absolute true, but yeah my purple screen was due to bad cmd resistor command....

ps: you have to be very relaxed lol, it's 201 size resistors, have tiny pencil tooo
so , not everybody can do this, be carefull, I have experience in modding etc but really, nintendo switch is The thing ^^ , if you not have a microscope you are fucked up ^^
It's just simple I think Switch modding gave me all the experience of tiny soldering ^^ , (before I was thinking dreamcast HD modding was hard ^^ ) huhhu, now it's finger in the nooose ^^, as I modded now maybe 30 console , oled lite v1 v2 , ^^

It's just simple I think Switch modding gave me all the experience of tiny soldering ^^ , (before I was thinking dreamcast HD modding was hard ^^ ) huhhu, now it's finger in the nooose ^^, as I modded now maybe 30 console , oled lite v1 v2 , ^^
But so yea

But so yeah, with experience you can do it all (y)

Last edited by gueshkiller66,

Hwuplast

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a pink screen issue as well. I can boot to hekate, but I get the EMMC init failures, and when trying to boot OFW I get the pink screen.

I am thinking it is the 4.7k resistor that somehow got burned while soldering. I tried testing the A point with the diode mode on the multimeter and I get around 0.45 (not 0.55-0.8 like others said). Is it likely to be a broken resistor? Is there anything else I can check? I tried testing the resistance on it with a multimeter and I'm not getting the right readings (that said my multimeter is quite large and it's hard to get accurate readings on such a small component).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...