Hardware [Q] Buying a new Vita, what do I need?

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm buying a second hand PS Vita this week and with that, I'm also thinking on buying a class 10 64GB MicroSD and the SD2Vita adapter (from Amazon) for it.
I don't know which firmware version it has and I don't know how well the scene is going so I wanna know what do I have to do in order to just use the SD2Vita as the main storage type for the console.
I don't care about piracy cuz mostly I'll be playing legit bought games while occasionally using it for PS4 Remote Play so I wanna know if I have to modify it (I know I do) if I can continue to use its online services just as normal with little to no risk.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since you said you don't care about piracy, you can't use SD2Vita without modding it for CFW, probably be a good idea just to mod it and install free games. Nobody really plays online on the vita anymore, online gaming on the vita is like dead, so far there haven't been any ban related to vita CFW with every system being exploitable. 64GB Sony memory card cost about $100.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So I can modify it on 3.68 with no ban risk?
Didn't knew it was that simple, not even the PS3 is that simple and it's a discontinued console too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23HgOvEYrDc