• Replies 3,816
  • Likes 6

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(Syscheck I just made on my friends Wii, it has proper Bootmii as well)

It looks up to date. You're not missing anything.
(Personal Wii that works perfectly)

You could update the Homebrew Channel here if you want.
Same exact SD+USB, plugged onto this other Wii it doesn't work, but when they're plugged back into my Wii it works. USB is detected and the games load everything like expected.

It's not a connectivity issue as the USB drive works as long as I do settings>SD card mode = OFF on the other Wii, it's just that I have to do so every single time in order to get the USBloader to bother reading the device on power on.
Repeating myself I know, but it's such a whack issue that makes no sense, so I'm trying to be clear. Not related to USBLoaderGX, configs or anything on the storage storage devices or the connections with the Wii.
It sounds like usbloadergx is unable (or can't) to save its settings, it could be an issue with the sdcard reader on the Wii. But honestly i'm not sure.
Can you create (or overwrite files) on the sd card within the Wii, say like creating a save state with an emulator (that saves to the sdcard)?
I already suggested trying with Wiiflow Lite (above), it's worth a shot at this point.
Post automatically merged:

I would like some help, I cannot get Red Steel 2 to work with USBloader GX, it gives me a black screen everytime
Check the hash of the wbfs file in WiiBackupManager, as it could be just corrupt.
You could do the same for the other games. Also goes without saying but, is the usb drive you're using formatted as Fat32 32kb clusters? Set to MBR and has only one partition?

Last edited by CoolMe,

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(Syscheck I just made on my friends Wii, it has proper Bootmii as well)

(Personal Wii that works perfectly)

Same exact SD+USB, plugged onto this other Wii it doesn't work, but when they're plugged back into my Wii it works. USB is detected and the games load everything like expected.

It's not a connectivity issue as the USB drive works as long as I do settings>SD card mode = OFF on the other Wii, it's just that I have to do so every single time in order to get the USBloader to bother reading the device on power on.
Repeating myself I know, but it's such a whack issue that makes no sense, so I'm trying to be clear. Not related to USBLoaderGX, configs or anything on the storage storage devices or the connections with the Wii.

It's something with that particular Wii itself. IOS stuff goes over my head, I just used the Modmii like usual and it generated all I suppsedly needed for that Wii, region etc all carefully selected correctly.
I did replace the clock battery on that Wii, maybe that's the issue. I have no idea anymore.
Hopefully an answer can be found, seems like a unique problem.

Are you booting USB Loader GX directly from the Homebrew Channel or through a Forwarder on the Wii Menu? Also, is USB Loader GX stored on an SD card or USB drive or both? Or do you have an apps folder on both your SD card and USB Drive? Lastly, you said that it works after you change a setting in USB Loader GX. Does it work right away after making that change or do you have to exit out of and restart USB Loader GX?

Regarding my last question, I had a USB Drive that for some reason would fail to initialize in USB Loader GX the first time I would load it up. But after exiting and going back in, it would work. No idea why that happened but I'm wondering if that's what you are experiencing and it's the restarting of USB Loader GX that is making it work and not the changing of that setting.

Reactions: Dogson

Dogson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

Thank you both for the reply, but as I mentioned the exact same USB+SD work on the other Wii no issues, same with the other set of USB+SD (personal ones) they do the same thing on this particular Wii.
But I found the issue, the issue was Priiloader, I had to uninstall the autoboot of USBloaderGX from there pressing 2, then install that again. As I found that the issue only happened after power on, and the first thing that loads is usbloadergx thanks to that.
Uninstall and another install fixed it, now it reads the USB device again :)
(And yes, it would save other USBloaderGX things like cheat settings, widescreen setting etc, just not the SD mode OFF setting no matter how many times you changed settings that was the only thing that would revert)

A bug with the first USBloaderGX Priiloader auto channel boot install I suppose? Never had this happen before.
Hopefully this case is helpful for other people experiencing the same bug.

Reactions: CoolMe

Holybond

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I don't know if it's worth making a thread for this but my issue is :

My family's old wii from like 2009 finally died. I had made a backup when it was first softmodded. I'm trying to extract the saves and mii data from that nand and put it onto this new wii. When trying to utilize dolphin to import the nand, when I attempt to boot into the system menu it's simply a black screen.

Now with this black screen, if I repair the nand and remove an entry that's specified. It then boots up. Once loaded it'll give me a mii channel/data error. This directs me to go into the mii channel to correct it. Going into it only causes it to state that the mii data is corrupted. I'm unsure if the nand backup is actually corrupt because it's reading my other saves correctly that was originally on the internal storage of the wii.

Basically, what's the best way for me to go about porting over this mii and save data to this new softmodded wii? Thanks.

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I don't know if it's worth making a thread for this but my issue is :

My family's old wii from like 2009 finally died. I had made a backup when it was first softmodded. I'm trying to extract the saves and mii data from that nand and put it onto this new wii. When trying to utilize dolphin to import the nand, when I attempt to boot into the system menu it's simply a black screen.

Now with this black screen, if I repair the nand and remove an entry that's specified. It then boots up. Once loaded it'll give me a mii channel/data error. This directs me to go into the mii channel to correct it. Going into it only causes it to state that the mii data is corrupted. I'm unsure if the nand backup is actually corrupt because it's reading my other saves correctly that was originally on the internal storage of the wii.

Basically, what's the best way for me to go about porting over this mii and save data to this new softmodded wii? Thanks.
I just imported my miis from my vWii to my new wii i extracted my bootmii nand.bin with showmiiwads once extracted look in /shared2/menu/FaceLib/RFL_DB.dat the RFL_DB.dat file are your miis then place the RFL_DB.dat on your sd card then use wiixplorer ss to copy the file to /shared2/menu/FaceLib/RFL_DB.dat on the nand you will need to go to wixplorer settings and enable writing to the nand before it will let you. And saves are located in the folders /title/00010000/ inside the 00010000 folder are your saves you can use wiixplorer ss to copy them to the nand the same way you did your miis or use savegame manager gx.

Last edited by worm28,

Holybond

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just imported my miis from my vWii to my new wii i extracted my bootmii nand.bin with showmiiwads once extracted look in /shared2/menu/FaceLib/RFL_DB.dat the RFL_DB.dat file are your miis then place the RFL_DB.dat on your sd card then use wiixplorer ss to copy the file to /shared2/menu/FaceLib/RFL_DB.dat on the nand you will need to go to wixplorer settings and enable writing to the nand before it will let you. And saves are located in the folders /title/00010000/ inside the 00010000 folder are your saves you can use wiixplorer ss to copy them to the nand the same way you did your miis or use savegame manager gx.
Thanks for this. Does 762 kb sound about right for a RFL_DB.dat?

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for this. Does 762 kb sound about right for a RFL_DB.dat?
Yes that mine is 762 kb too
Thanks, I'll give that a try. I was just checking to make sure there wasn't any data loss/corruption.
I edited my first post i dont know if you seen it but saves are located in the folders /title/00010000/ inside the 00010000 folder are your saves you can use wiixplorer ss to copy them to the nand the same way you did your miis or use savegame manager gx.

Holybond

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes that mine is 762 kb too

I edited my first post i dont know if you seen it but saves are located in the folders /title/00010000/ inside the 00010000 folder are your saves you can use wiixplorer ss to copy them to the nand the same way you did your miis or use savegame manager gx.
Good looking out, yeah I saw it! I'm going to attempt this when I get time. I'm pissed that my original wii might be lost. I'll try taking it to a repair shop to see the extent of it.

PezBlast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like some help, I cannot get Red Steel 2 to work with USBloader GX, it gives me a black screen everytime

I am using a PNY 128GB USB 3.0 with Wii model RVL-001 and USBLoader GX v3.0 Rev 1281 (e25c4e9)
I installed cIOS d2x-v11--beta1 version 65525 (248 - base 38, 249 - base 56, 250 - base 57, 251 - base 58)

I have watched the motionplus video multiple times, i did the alternate dol method and set it to player.dol to load into the motionplus video (red Steel 2 gives me black screen still, wii sports resort and skyward sword sent me to the video)
Wii Sports resort works perfectly, skyward sword works but the cursor is slower and not as accurate as with everything else and there is weird letterboxing on the top and bottom.

I changed the game IOS to load from slot 248, 249, 250 and 251 to check each one, still black screen. emuNAND save mode is turned off, i turned "block ios reload" on and off and tried it, still black screen

any help is greatly appreciated
Post automatically merged:

Also using a NTSC-U wii and game
Would adding a Syscheck help?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Verify the hash (of your game) in WiiBackupManager, to make sure it's not corrupt. Same for the other games.
I am using a PNY 128GB USB 3.0
- I assume that's a usb flash drive?
- Is it formatted as Fat32 32kb cluster size, set to MBR, and has one partition?
- Is it plugged in port 0?
Also using a NTSC-U wii and game
Check the video settings in USBLoaderGX, make sure it's set to "auto" or "disc default".
Would adding a Syscheck help?
Yes.

PezBlast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Verify the hash (of your game) in WiiBackupManager, to make sure it's not corrupt. Same for the other games.

- I assume that's a usb flash drive?
- Is it formatted as Fat32 32kb cluster size, set to MBR, and has one partition?
- Is it plugged in port 0?

Check the video settings in USBLoaderGX, make sure it's set to "auto" or "disc default".

Yes.
Hello,

The hash was verified, we're clean there
It is a usb flash drive, formatted Fat32, 32kb cluster size, MBR and one partition and its plugged into port 0.
I set video mode to disc default for the game settings

thank you for trying to help, i appreciate it! :)

Here is my syscheck;
SysCheck ME v2.5.0 by blackb0x, JoostinOnline, Double_A, R2-D2199 and Nano
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 4.3U (v513)
Priiloader installed
Drive date: 02.13.2007
Homebrew Channel 1.1.2 running on IOS58

Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 82781681
Console Type: Wii
Shop Channel Country: United States (49)
Boot2 v4
Found 102 titles.
Found 49 IOS on this console. 15 of them are stubs.

IOS3 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 256): Stub
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 256): Stub
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 2816): Stub
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS40 (rev 3072): Stub
IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 5120): Stub
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS52 (rev 5888): Stub
IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 6400): Stub
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS62 (rev 6430): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 6912): Stub
IOS80 (rev 6944): No Patches
IOS222 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS223 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS248[38] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v11beta1): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS249[56] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v11beta1): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250[57] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v11beta1): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS251[58] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v11beta1): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v10
Report generated on 04/17/2023.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The hash was verified, we're clean there
It is a usb flash drive, formatted Fat32, 32kb cluster size, MBR and one partition and its plugged into port 0.
I set video mode to disc default for the game settings
Ok, then the problem must be the usb flash drive itself (incompatible). You could try formatting it as wbfs with WiiBackupManager, but it's not guaranteed that it'll help in any way. Your best bet is getting an external hdd (with a y-cable preferably).
Here is my syscheck;
Your softmods are up to date, you're not missing anything there.

Reactions: jeannotte

PezBlast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, then the problem must be the usb flash drive itself (incompatible). You could try formatting it as wbfs with WiiBackupManager, but it's not guaranteed that it'll help in any way. Your best bet is getting an external hdd (with a y-cable preferably).

Your softmods are up to date, you're not missing anything there.
mm okay, I was worried about that lol. Yeah its in wbfs already. Alright sounds good, thank you!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    hey guys
    @SylverReZ must be lurking :)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm doing fine, and you?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?