Hacking R4i GOLD 3DS RTS vs R4i-SDHC 3DS RTS

raphamotta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So, I just need to buy a new flashcard because my DSTWO drain my batter a lot, and I want to play DS games (I know bootstrap and TWLoader, but I want a flashcard)

There are two main cards, the R4i Gold and the R4i-SDHC. I search about the difference but it's not clear. I want to know about the RTS and cheat feature.
  • I want to activate and deactivate cheat at any point of the game. (like DSTWO)
  • I want to have multiple slots for RTS (like DSTWO)

Which one has the features above? it's not clear for me ever after see some youtube videos and reviews.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Both have cheats, but can't turn them off in game like the DSTWO. Both of them actually have multiple save slots, actually R4i Gold also allows on the fly switching between .sav and .nds.sav. So this allows for more saves. Really there's not much different between them.
I personally suggest the R4i Gold though because Wood R4 is just an amazing kernel that brought so many Acekard features to the R4, but an RTS

Last edited by The Catboy,
Reactions: raphamotta

Sleet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • I want to activate and deactivate cheat at any point of the game. (like DSTWO)
  • I want to have multiple slots for RTS (like DSTWO)
Neither of them can do the first one.
R4i-sdhc.com can do the second but the rts feature is not that great.

raphamotta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Both have that and really there's not much different between them.
I personally suggest the R4i Gold though because Wood R4 is just an amazing kernel that brought so many Acekard features to the R4, but an RTS
Thank you Crystal! Do you have a R4i Gold, do you like it? I love my DSTWO but the battery draining is too bad!!

Neither of them can do the first one.
R4i-sdhc.com can do the second but the rts feature is not that great.
Really? look this webpage at "User-cheat features":

http://nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149

It's the gbatemp sponsor.. so is it a lie? :( :(

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thank you Crystal! Do you have a R4i Gold, do you like it? I love my DSTWO but the battery draining is too bad!!

Really? look this webpage at "User-cheat features":

http://nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149

It's the gbatemp sponsor.. so is it a lie? :( :(
I edited my post because I wasn't very clear on my information.
I've had an R4i Gold for years now and I love the hell out of it! It's been my card of choice since they started using Wood R4 officially.
And nds-card.com is GBATemp's official sponsor. They aren't lying about the user-cheats, but the cheats can't be changed/applied in real time. They can only be applied before the ROM is launched.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Toxic pills are best
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, He fucked around and found out.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Lol Veho
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O OMG. A Very EXPENSIVE way to find out :ohnoes:
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    He was trying to whip shitties but instead he wiped out and ate shit.
    +3
    He was better off Whipping his own :shit:. :unsure::unsure::unsure: But then again.. Maybe not. Eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whip it real good
    Nah. Cool Whip is better :D
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cool wHip
    Especially on Chocolate Ice Cream :D:wub::D
    awwwh :shit: ! I shouldn't have done that. Now that song will play on my mind ALL Day :sad::cry:
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder how long it will take for my number to port over lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dm it to me and you'll find out
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Dm it to me and you'll find out