Rainway Public Beta Released

Rainway Logo.png

Rainway Public Beta was released to the public today, an application which allows you to stream games from your PC to your devices, anytime, anywhere, in up to 1080p/60fps. It will first support Android and iOS, then moving onto Xbox and other consoles, such as the PS4 and Nintendo Switch, although it's unknown whether Rainway will make it onto the latter.

Rainway Features:
  • Stream any game on your PC to another device
  • Automatic detection of your game library
  • Support for full 1080p/60fps gaming
  • Ultra low input latency
  • Quick, easy, 60 second setup
  • Support for keyboard/mouse or controller
  • Support for all modern hardware (Intel, Nvidia, AMD)
  • Support for any web browser
  • Cloud-based screenshot support
  • Completely free with no hidden costs
  • Mobile and console support forthcoming
:arrow: Rainway
:arrow: Source

Last edited by Deleted member 381889,

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Whew, testing it now, it's pretty awful. Tons of lag, quality looks awful (the default is "12% lossy" :lol:), setup didn't work the first 4 times and kept erroring out, I had to reboot to get it to actually go through first time setup without an error.

Nvidia's game streaming is just infinitely better than this. I get little to no lag with the same setup I'm testing Rainway with, and it looks 10x better easily.

I think gbatemptv could use it, they get like 20 to 30 seconds delay
That's a Twitch thing, the delay is there on purpose because of the way Twitch handles quality settings and distributing the stream to viewers.

Reactions: naddel81

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Whew, testing it now, it's pretty awful. Tons of lag, quality looks awful (the default is "12% lossy" :lol:), setup didn't work the first 4 times and kept erroring out, I had to reboot to get it to actually go through first time setup without an error.

Nvidia's game streaming is just infinitely better than this. I get little to no lag with the same setup I'm testing Rainway with, and it looks 10x better easily.

That's a Twitch thing, the delay is there on purpose because of the way Twitch handles quality settings and distributing the stream to viewers.
Oh ok ic

D

Deleted-379826

We will eventually be able to use this on Consoles though unlike Nvidia game streaming. Can it even stream to mobile?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
We will eventually be able to use this on Consoles though unlike Nvidia game streaming. Can it even stream to mobile?
Moonlight. It's an open source Nvidia game streaming client that currently supports Android, iOS, Chrome browsers, Raspy Pi's, and the Vita. It could easily be ported to other consoles as homebrew, once exploited, as it's been done for the Vita.

D

Deleted-379826

Moonlight. It's an open source Nvidia game streaming client that currently supports Android, iOS, Chrome browsers, Raspy Pi's, and the Vita. It could easily be ported to other consoles as homebrew, once exploited, as it's been done for the Vita.
Ooooh sweet, hopefully this comes to consoles soon. :P

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so is it better than steamlink? or moonlight?

update: sorry, I did not read above. so this is dead then, I guess! much hype for nothing.

Last edited by naddel81,
D

Deleted-379826

By the way, have you tested the PS4 browser?

Dr.Hacknik

Ashley | Developer | Trans
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
Well, I've had nothing but bad experiences with NVidia Streaming, so I've been a bit skeptical of it being a good system, despite having a 150 mbps connection over a 5 GHz band. -_-
That's very odd. I just use my 2.4ghz network most of the time.
That and I can run Nier: Automata (A poorly optimized game for PC) over my network without issues.

I doubt it's your system. But usually routers have a packet priority feature; for games and streaming that is. At least for modern routers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    hey guys
    @SylverReZ must be lurking :)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm doing fine, and you?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?