Rainway Public Beta Released

Rainway Logo.png

Rainway Public Beta was released to the public today, an application which allows you to stream games from your PC to your devices, anytime, anywhere, in up to 1080p/60fps. It will first support Android and iOS, then moving onto Xbox and other consoles, such as the PS4 and Nintendo Switch, although it's unknown whether Rainway will make it onto the latter.

Rainway Features:
  • Stream any game on your PC to another device
  • Automatic detection of your game library
  • Support for full 1080p/60fps gaming
  • Ultra low input latency
  • Quick, easy, 60 second setup
  • Support for keyboard/mouse or controller
  • Support for all modern hardware (Intel, Nvidia, AMD)
  • Support for any web browser
  • Cloud-based screenshot support
  • Completely free with no hidden costs
  • Mobile and console support forthcoming
:arrow: Rainway
:arrow: Source

Last edited by Deleted member 381889,

Kamiyama

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Streaming WITHOUT any hacks would be more than welcome to me. If/When the Switch client is out, I wouldn't need any hacks on my Switch EVER.

Sure, Moonlight does it's job, but I need 3.60fw for Vita/TV, root for mouse inputs and wireless controller on Android AND jailbreak for iOS just to use PS3 controller. ALL that just to survive when I'm visiting my parents-in-law.

Enovale

Hey. I exist. Woo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guys guys it doesnt just detect every game on your pc. It only detects your steam games.

add non-steam shortcuts for everything else. (steam bottom left)

TheRealNGB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone been able to get this working client side on xbox one, it just hangs on the "waiting for connection..." screen for me, I believe it's a edge browser issue, because it takes a while with edge on pc too, but chrome tends to connect right away.

/nvm figured it out by switching to websocket connection in settings, than refreshing the page.

Last edited by TheRealNGB,

AamitMorthos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone been able to get this working client side on xbox one, it just hangs on the "waiting for connection..." screen for me, I believe it's a edge browser issue, because it takes a while with edge on pc too, but chrome tends to connect right away.

/nvm figured it out by switching to websocket connection in settings, than refreshing the page.

Can I ask how where you able to change that? This is pretty new to me but I'm interested to get this running on my xbox as well.

Last edited by AamitMorthos,

TheRealNGB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I ask how where you able to change that? This is pretty new to me but I'm interested to get this running on my xbox as well.

in the settings on the client page there is an option for webrtc, and websocket, just change it to websocket, you will also need to switch between pointer settings, and controller settings in the browser options to navigate between the menu and playing your game.

It actually works well in comparison to the other streaming options available, better, but still not great, I'm running my xbox hard wired streaming from a 5ghz wifi connection on my pc about 5ft from my router, with a 12 megabit upload speed, I suppose it might run a little better if it was the opposite, or if both were hard wired, though that kind of defeats the purpose of streaming doesn't it.

Last edited by TheRealNGB,
Reactions: AamitMorthos

Bakugo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
steamid.ml
XP
Country
United States
People are STILL falling for this obvious scam?
They keep saying "look guys you can STREAM GAMES to your NINTENDO SWITCH!" but they obviously do not have approval from Nintendo and the chance that they would ever allow something like this is exactly 0%.
On top of this, it doesn't seem like their programmers even know what they're doing. The server can't even be installed on any windows version that isn't 10, it just tells you to piss off. And it depends on Windows Media Player for some reason.

Last edited by Bakugo,

delete12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People are STILL falling for this obvious scam?
They keep saying "look guys you can STREAM GAMES to your NINTENDO SWITCH!" but they obviously do not have approval from Nintendo and the chance that they would ever allow something like this is exactly 0%.
On top of this, it doesn't seem like their programmers even know what they're doing. The server can't even be installed on any windows version that isn't 10, it just tells you to piss off. And it depends on Windows Media Player for some reason.
Windows Media Player comes with the WMV codec, used for high video compression for Rainway to transmit data and video via the network.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Windows Media Player comes with the WMV codec, used for high video compression for Rainway to transmit data and video via the network.
Any other way we can get the wmv codec? I don't want to have to reinstall Windows (which is working perfectly with all my games) just for the sake of Rainway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny