DarkRioru

reach for the stars
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
In fbi theres a setting called titledb, all of the largest homebrew applications are on that server. Click it and see of you find anything you like. I reccomend downloading Etika before it gets taken down
why would the etika video get taken down?? its not like its like the injected virtual console I've seen on titledb...

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
It uses nintendo's copyrighted moflex player, just as how vc injects use nintendo's copyrighted emulator.
well all things have to have a copywrite to have legal ownership over selling or distributing said product but, can you really restrict a moflex player from the public just by a simple copywrite??

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well all things have to have a copywrite to have legal ownership over selling or distributing said product but, can you really restrict a moflex player from the public just by a simple copywrite??
It's a part of the Nintendo SDK, and must be distributed though Nintendo. I don't blame them.

Reactions: DarkRioru

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
It's a part of the Nintendo SDK, and must be distributed though Nintendo. I don't blame them.
what law in congress or in California state law not allow me to use this??? doesn't someone have to work at nintendo to get the files and leak them in the first place? if so, doesn't that technically make it distributed by nintendo no matter the site it was posted on??

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what law in congress or in California state law not allow me to use this??? doesn't someone have to work at nintendo to get the files and leak them in the first place? if so, doesn't that technically make it distributed by nintendo no matter the site it was posted on??
Im not an attorney. I just know it's illegal distribution and it's also illegal to use it without permission from nintendo.

sunfused

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The SDK is publically available through a Dev portal that you must sign a NDA to get it. There was a loophole that allowed anyone to redistribute it as long as they wern't the ones who downloaded it from Nintendos servers but the big boys at Nintendo fixed it. It is illegal to release anything about or used with the SDK unless it goes to Nintendo and they release it. That's why we have our own homebrew SDK

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
When i do fresh installs of A9LH for my buddies, i've got a set list of homebrew apps i install for them (in no particular order)

Quick reboot
SDmounty
BootNTR selector
CHMM2
CTRXplorer
FBi
freeShop
FTPD
HBL loader
JK save manager
mSD Management
PKSM
Luma updater
why use chmm2 instead of howling theme tool to make them into a cia pack??

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
why use chmm2 instead of howling theme tool to make them into a cia pack??

A lot of the people who's 3DS's i hack aren't very tech savvy (either casual gamer type, or it's for their son/daughter etc.) so generally i just copy and paste a 'themes' folder and show them how to use CHMM2 if they feel like changing to another.

Installing CIA's outside of freeShop is far beyond their capabilities :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work