Reisykaku releases new CFW for the Switch called ReiNX

C0HDeSS.png

About a month ago, user @Reisyukaku, the creator of ReiNand on the 3DS, teased that they were in the process of making their new custom firmware. What we initially saw was just a custom splash screen. Now, they've publicly released the highly awaited ReiNX CFW for the Nintendo Switch.

Rei states that this is a simple, modular CFW, and that everything works together independently. They'll also be working on a custom sysmodule for ReiNX, as well. You can check it out and compile it yourself at the GitHub link below.

Rei said:
The modular switch custom firmware

Usage:

Put ReiNX folder on the root of your switch's SD card and run ReiNX.bin with your favorite fusee launcher.

Compiling:

You'll need devkitpro with devkitA64 and run make

Features:

• Loads all KIPs from /ReiNX/sysmodules/ directory

• Optional custom kernel/secmon/warmboot

• Default kips with exefs redir from /ReiNX/title/{tid}
Credits:

Naehrwert for hardware init code and generally being helpful!

CTCaer and st4rk for their contribution to the hardware code aswell!

SciresM for kernel processes!

The community for your support!

:download: GitHub

:discuss: Don't forget, you can keep up to date with all discussions about Switch CFW in that specific subforum here.

Ian095

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i'll update from the internet? is the latest?

Yes 5.1.0 is the latest. Also I used Hekate to enable AutoRCM. I'd advise keeping the files separate (ReiNX/Hekate). I was having problems with things working when I had multiple on one SD. I mean you can try but just make sure it doesn't overwrite files both may use.

Reactions: Arnold101

Arnold101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks! i have only one sd and i want to use only one...it's possible?

you suggest to make a nand backup? and how? it's possible to restore the backup in the switch again?

Last edited by Arnold101,

Ian095

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thanks! i have only one sd and i want to use only one...it's possible?

you suggest to make a nand backup? and how? it's possible to restore the backup in the switch again?

It's possible you can either chance your luck and throw both in or just remove the other temporarily if it causes problems. I don't know 100% that it will just that I had so much junk files from different ones on mine before that it somehow was crashing. You can make a NAND backup in Hekate too it might be worthwhile getting Hekate and just copying its contents onto the same one and deleting them if it isn't working properly. A nand backup requires approx 30GB+ of storage but is possible in smaller parts if you have a smaller SD card. But yeah I'd say chance it and our Hekate on the same one my problem could've been completely irrelevant to having them both on mine at once. Just make sure you run the payload for Hekate for Hekate.

Arnold101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Ian095 you have a simple guide to install hekate and the reinx? thanks

i have updated the console.

how is the compatibilty of games with reinx? and where to get reinx with sig patches updates?

Last edited by Arnold101,

Ian095

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Ian095 you have a simple guide to install hekate and the reinx? thanks

i have updated the console.

how is the compatibilty of games with reinx? and where to get reinx with sig patches updates?

I could give you the files elsewhere since I'm not allowed to share them on here, just PM me.

Also, once the games installed then it's just like any other game, haven't tried them in OFW but they run perfect undocked from what I've played so far. You just need a decent enough speed MicroSD (I have Sandisk Ultra).

Last edited by Ian095,
Reactions: Arnold101

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
im using reinx. is there a way to install nsp files to sd card? tinfoil has the option but surely the sd card has to be formatted by the switch?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Don't say that at high schools