• Likes 35
Status
Not open for further replies.

k3rizz3k

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad Rei is working on this. It's nice to see an established name, with a great track record working on something new.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you please elaborate? How does it update the cartridge?

4.0.0+ contain a firmware update for the GameCard controller chip, once flashed, it might not work properly on versions before 4.0.0 once you insert a cart.
the same would happen even if you ran 4.0.0+ firmware via emuNAND, chip firmware would still get flashed.

Reactions: YigglyPoof

YigglyPoof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you please elaborate? How does it update the cartridge?
Past 4.0.0, the cartridge slot updates itself to be able to read card2 cards. With hekate, you can stop this from happening, but there are no backups making it pointless. SX OS has backups, but it's impossible to stop from it updating. That means on any firmware below 4.0.0 the cartridge slot won't work, but higher than that it will.

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
Past 4.0.0, the cartridge slot updates itself to be able to read card2 cards. With hekate, you can stop this from happening, but there are no backups making it pointless. SX OS has backups, but it's impossible to stop from it updating. That means on any firmware below 4.0.0 the cartridge slot won't work, but higher than that it will.
Ahhh i see. Im on the latest firmware anyway. I thought One can never use slot again xD

Reactions: YigglyPoof

Priyam

Trophies
XP
Country
India
To all the people who have access to ReiNx, should I just updated to the latest firmware from 4.1? Will there be any difference if I do that for ReiNx?

D

Deleted User

OP
To all the people who have access to ReiNx, should I just updated to the latest firmware from 4.1? Will there be any difference if I do that for ReiNx?
It will (at least Rei is trying) work with any firmware.

D

Deleted User

OP
Yeah I know it will work on all firmwares, I mean with higher firmware, will the process of booting or installing be more difficult?
It's the same thing as running any payload via RCM, firmware version doesn't matter at all

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The purpose im aiming for is something simple that just works™ and uses a 'smart' patching system so future updates dont break it. Anything past that is icing on the cake.
Any plans on a patch for making games that require higher firmware to play on lower firmware than intended?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Caller -"Everytime I start a Pc game on my S24, playing on a external monitor, someone calls or...