• Likes 35
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wierd_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am still waiting for that gods damned chinese PoS to arrive in the mail, so I can reflash it into a payload injector. Other than playing a legit cartridge of Skyrim, my console is virginal, and never touched the internet. If it takes Rei a little bit to release ReiNX, I am down with that. The slow boat from china is making me wait all the same.

Reactions: Pluupy

Priyam

Trophies
XP
Country
India
It'd be better on my sanity to have more devs PR-ing shit than my small team whom im teaching as we go lol.. The cynic in me thinks instead we'll just get SimonNX and RNXTools. kek
If anybody make commits to your git , does it grant them power to change the cfw name too? I I would like if you keep it as ReiNX, the first public cfw

D

Deleted User

OP
It'd be better on my sanity to have more devs PR-ing shit than my small team whom im teaching as we go lol.. The cynic in me thinks instead we'll just get SimonNX and RNXTools. kek
You're probably not wrong. Most of us are patient enough to wait for a full blown release. Take your time.

Ramoth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If anybody make commits to your git , does it grant them power to change the cfw name too? I I would like if you keep it as ReiNX, the first public cfw

no but once it's made public anybody can fork the code and call it whatever they want.

Reactions: Lacius

Priyam

Trophies
XP
Country
India
no but once it's made public anybody can fork the code and call it whatever they want.
I see, then it's okay, take your time, we wouldn't want the name to be changed. The cfw is your baby afterall, a product of love and dedication.

Lush

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm willing to wait patiently as long as needed. ReiNX will be the new gold standard. Keep up the good work and please don't feel rushed!

Reactions: Testo90

Neath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Should someone who's on 4.1 update to the latest version then? I thought I read somewhere that updating is now unsafe. I think that was on the ipatched switch discussions...

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should someone who's on 4.1 update to the latest version then? I thought I read somewhere that updating is now unsafe. I think that was on the ipatched switch discussions...
If your Switch is patched, you will not be able to load this CFW until another exploit is released.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
ugggg, if you are hoping for a hack that use software, stay on 4.1.

Reactions: snails1221

Neath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ugggg, if you are hoping for a hack that use software, stay on 4.1.
Right, thanks
If your Switch is patched, you will not be able to load this CFW until another exploit is released.
Mine is not patched.
update: (thought i'd save a post)
First, ReiNX is compatible with 4.1.0.

Second, if you can use Fusée Gelée on your system and you're content with forever using Fusée Gelée to load CFW, then it is safe to update. You can also follow this guide to update while preserving a downgrade path to 4.1.0 by not burning efuses, but it requires that you install AutoRCM, which will cause your Switch to coldboot into RCM each time you power it on.

If you're on a newer Switch that is not vulnerable to Fusée Gelée, then you should not update.
Great info. Thanks

Last edited by Neath,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol