Homebrew [RELASE] WiiUDownloader - Multiplatform alternative to Wii U USB Helper

Xpl0itU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Not sure what I am doing wrong or if I am missing something but no matter what I try to download the download goes on forever and the total file size of the download folder never goes above 4kb. I'm using Windows 10 if that helps.
Currently the NUS server (nintendo's server) is down, wait until tomorrow

Reactions: AmandaRose

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Build by executing build.py, not by executing make directly.

//EDIT: Reason is that you need the title database provided by NUSsplis servers. The build.py script grabs that for you before building.
thanks, I'll try it, but should I be using mingw64?
Post automatically merged:

Build by executing build.py, not by executing make directly.

//EDIT: Reason is that you need the title database provided by NUSsplis servers. The build.py script grabs that for you before building.
this is what happened with the python script, still errors. I could not find either of these files in that location"

make[1]: [C:\Users\GODREB~1\AppData\Local\Temp\ccYNeJsc.mk:3: C:\Users\GODREB~1\AppData\Local\Temp\c
caXkjI7.ltrans0.ltrans.o] Error 1 (ignored)

Last edited by godreborn,

Xpl0itU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
thanks, I'll try it, but should I be using mingw64?

this is what happened with the python script, still errors. I could not find either of these files in that location"

make[1]: [C:\Users\GODREB~1\AppData\Local\Temp\ccYNeJsc.mk:3: C:\Users\GODREB~1\AppData\Local\Temp\c
caXkjI7.ltrans0.ltrans.o] Error 1 (ignored)
That error is fine, as long as a WiiUDownloader executable exists it means that it compiled correctly

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That error is fine, as long as a WiiUDownloader executable exists it means that it compiled correctly
alright it looks to be compiled, but there are several dlls I'm missing:
1667862962723.png

1667863029961.png

nm, I see that your provide the dlls for this project. my exe does work. :)

Last edited by godreborn,

Kitocco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im having trouble compiling this on Arch Linux (SteamOS 3) on my Steam Deck, since the Ubuntu executable just returns this error in Konsole
Code:
/home/deck/Downloads/WiiUDownloaderr/WiiUDownloader: error while loading shared libraries: libmbedcrypto.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I am just downloading from the releases page instead or git clone due to my lack of experience in compiling, but it returns saying a file that exists, just without a specific append, doesn't and ends.

Code:
mkdir -p build/src/
g++ -Ofast -flto=auto -fno-fat-lto-objects -fno-strict-aliasing -fuse-linker-plugin -pipe `pkg-config gtkmm-3.0 --cflags` -fpermissive -Iinclude -c src/main.cpp -o build/src/main.cpp.o
src/main.cpp:1:10: fatal error: iostream: No such file or directory
    1 | #include <iostream>
      |          ^~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make: *** [Makefile:24: build/src/main.cpp.o] Error 1
Also, is the command.txt file coming at a later date?

Attachments

• wiiudownloadertar2ndcompile.txt
    457 bytes · Views: 48
  • wiiudownloaderzip.txt
    435 bytes · Views: 48

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im having trouble compiling this on Arch Linux (SteamOS 3) on my Steam Deck, since the Ubuntu executable just returns this error in Konsole
Code:
/home/deck/Downloads/WiiUDownloaderr/WiiUDownloader: error while loading shared libraries: libmbedcrypto.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I am just downloading from the releases page instead or git clone due to my lack of experience in compiling, but it returns saying a file that exists, just without a specific append, doesn't and ends.

Code:
mkdir -p build/src/
g++ -Ofast -flto=auto -fno-fat-lto-objects -fno-strict-aliasing -fuse-linker-plugin -pipe `pkg-config gtkmm-3.0 --cflags` -fpermissive -Iinclude -c src/main.cpp -o build/src/main.cpp.o
src/main.cpp:1:10: fatal error: iostream: No such file or directory
    1 | #include <iostream>
      |          ^~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make: *** [Makefile:24: build/src/main.cpp.o] Error 1
Also, is the command.txt file coming at a later date?
Sudo dkp-pacman -Ss iostream.

Kitocco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sudo dkp-pacman -Ss iostream.
Done! Though Arch, or at least my Steam Deck already has pacman so it went as follows:
Code:
(1)(deck@steamdeck ~)$ sudo pacman -Ss iostream
extra-beta/boost-libs 1.80.0-2 [installed]
    Free peer-reviewed portable C++ source libraries (runtime libraries)
multilib-beta/lib32-boost-libs 1.80.0-1
    Free peer-reviewed portable C++ source libraries - 32bit (runtime
    libraries)
(deck@steamdeck ~)$

...although a new Steam DEck Preview update has been made live based on the new version of Arch Linux, so now when I try to run build.py, it gives me:
Code:
Deleting src/gtitles.c
sh: line 1: make: command not found
ls /usr/bin/make
And I still get:
Code:
/home/deck/Documents/WiiUDownloader-Ubuntu22.10/WiiUDownloader: error while loading shared libraries: libmbedcrypto.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
So I tried to look up how to install the 'make' function for Arch Linux but no matter where I look, I can't find out how on earth to access root on my Deck.
Code:
(deck@steamdeck ~)$ pacman -S base-devel
error: you cannot perform this operation unless you are root.
(1)(deck@steamdeck ~)$ root
bash: root: command not found
(127)(deck@steamdeck ~)$ root pacman -S base-devel
(127)(deck@steamdeck ~)$

I tried to run the Windows version in Bottles with the caffe runner, but it crashes whenever I get to the download queue or to explore for a folder to install into.
I guess I'll just use this on my PC & just transfer my files to my Deck with a hard drive for the time being?

Xpl0itU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Done! Though Arch, or at least my Steam Deck already has pacman so it went as follows:
Code:
(1)(deck@steamdeck ~)$ sudo pacman -Ss iostream
extra-beta/boost-libs 1.80.0-2 [installed]
    Free peer-reviewed portable C++ source libraries (runtime libraries)
multilib-beta/lib32-boost-libs 1.80.0-1
    Free peer-reviewed portable C++ source libraries - 32bit (runtime
    libraries)
(deck@steamdeck ~)$

...although a new Steam DEck Preview update has been made live based on the new version of Arch Linux, so now when I try to run build.py, it gives me:
Code:
Deleting src/gtitles.c
sh: line 1: make: command not found
ls /usr/bin/make
And I still get:
Code:
/home/deck/Documents/WiiUDownloader-Ubuntu22.10/WiiUDownloader: error while loading shared libraries: libmbedcrypto.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
So I tried to look up how to install the 'make' function for Arch Linux but no matter where I look, I can't find out how on earth to access root on my Deck.
Code:
(deck@steamdeck ~)$ pacman -S base-devel
error: you cannot perform this operation unless you are root.
(1)(deck@steamdeck ~)$ root
(127)(deck@steamdeck ~)$ root pacman -S base-devel
(127)(deck@steamdeck ~)$

I tried to run the Windows version in Bottles with the caffe runner, but it crashes whenever I get to the download queue or to explore for a folder to install into.
I guess I'll just use this on my PC & just transfer my files to my Deck with a hard drive for the time being?
sudo pacman -Sy base-devel
Then use python3 build.py to build the whole thing

v1.6 is out with the following changelog:
  • Added support for macOS
  • Fixed h3 files not being downloaded correctly
It also has a new discord server https://discord.gg/UrsB2XnUDM

Last edited by Xpl0itU,

Lonk_From_Hirool

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Hi, for some reason it keeps crashing on my mac, I already have gtkmm3 installed but I can't even run it without the "quit unexpectedly" message popping up, am I doing something wrong?

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for updating again @Xpl0itU for adding CDecypt because I tried do my own CDecypt PC on Shakedown Hawaii and gave me error thought it was glitch until you added cdecypt came out fine on Cemu beautiful

Reactions: Xpl0itU

Xpl0itU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi, for some reason it keeps crashing on my mac, I already have gtkmm3 installed but I can't even run it without the "quit unexpectedly" message popping up, am I doing something wrong?
It sometimes crashes at launch, try running it a few more times, if not, join the discord server and we’ll figure something out
Edit: are you using an M1 mac? If so, currently it won’t work

Last edited by Xpl0itU,

Lonk_From_Hirool

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
It sometimes crashes at launch, try running it a few more times, if not, join the discord server and we’ll figure something out
Edit: are you using an M1 mac? If so, currently it won’t work
yeah... unfortunately I'm on M1, thanks for the help anyways! If you ever make a version that could work on the M1 that would help me out a lot lol

Reactions: Xpl0itU

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, Mario Moonlight exists?