cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
so its safe¿?

Yes, I'm now speaking with yellows8, and I just tested his code, and it didn't brick my old3DS, so I guess it was just extremely bad luck

Edit: yes, you can power off :P and it'll even have a cool effect when you turn it back on :D

Last edited by Sono,

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
can u do something like to do a special notification with a custom-choice led¿?

Well, this is an RGB LED, so it can display 2^24 possible colors, so you can program it as you want! You have 32 pattern slots for each color, and you can set smoothing and speed, so I guess it's good enough :P

Angelcraft

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Well, this is an RGB LED, so it can display 2^24 possible colors, so you can program it as you want! You have 32 pattern slots for each color, and you can set smoothing and speed, so I guess it's good enough :P
idk how i dont know programming Im learning :teach:

D

Deleted User

It doesnt for me; shutting and opening my o3DS xL doesnt clear it :P
EDIT: The fading in white is really funny; it paused when I put in my PIN :P

Last edited by ,

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Just compiled it to 3dsx. launched via Homebrew Launcher. this makes HBL Very cool! on the HBL will automatically close the program itself and blinking background! and keep blinking after you close the HBL.

Attachments

• MCU.rar
    18.5 KB · Views: 220

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In x86, there's a [kernel-level] cli instruction that'll disable interrupts. If there's an ARM equivalent, you could possibly use it to protect against bricks.

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Got a way to compile this?

Ye, use any makefile, and just put the sooscode in the soos folder :P

This wouldn't risk an I2C firmware wipeout? MCU brick is unrecoverable even with Hardmod.

I have mentioned countless times, this is safe!

It doesnt for me; shutting and opening my o3DS xL doesnt clear it :P
EDIT: The fading in white is really funny; it paused when I put in my PIN :P

It takes a little bit of time to enter sleep mode :P I said "exiting sleep mode" for a good reason :P

In x86, there's a [kernel-level] cli instruction that'll disable interrupts. If there's an ARM equivalent, you could possibly use it to protect against bricks.

iirc you are not allowed to disable interrupts, but it doesn't matter anyways because how the MCU communication works.

ARM11:
homebrew -> ptm:sysm -> mcu::RTC or mcu::HWC -> mcu sysmodule queue -> I2C -> MCU
ARM9:
I2C <--> MCU

as you can see, disabling interrupts would have no effect at all.

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I use this function to get an accurate rainbow pattern (it's made in lua, so you'll have to translate it to C)
Code:
red = math.modf(math.sin(0.00202683548*Timer.getTime(rnbw_timer) + 0) * 127 + 128)
green = math.modf(math.sin(0.00202683548*Timer.getTime(rnbw_timer) + 2.0943951) * 127 + 128)
blue = math.modf(math.sin(0.00202683548*Timer.getTime(rnbw_timer) + 4.1887902) * 127 + 128)
Note that rnbw_timer is a variable that goes from 0 to 3100.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game