• Replies 844
  • Likes 158
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is boot9.bin specific to each 3DS?

Copied and pasted as explained in post #732 a few posts back:
the bootrom is burned into the cpu at the factory. it is identical for all produced systems (new/old, retail/dev). it cannot be updated without a hardware revision, which is too expensive and not worth it this late in the console's life.

Don't ask how to produce yours or where to get one as those are explained in this thread.
*cough*that iso site*cough*

kublai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Copied and pasted as explained in post #732 a few posts back:

Don't ask how to produce yours or where to get one as those are explained in this thread.
*cough*that iso site*cough*
I got 3DS and got the boot9.bin from one of them and was wondering if I have to do it for each 3DS, but you gave me the answer so thank you.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the "NCCHinfo options..." part, i don't have that in GM9 (latest luma)
You can eliminate the Create 'ncchinfo.bin' file steps if you do this.

Grab a copy of boot9.bin and place it in the root of your 3DS Simple CIA Converter v5.0 folder. Once you have that in place, you put your *.3ds roms in the roms folder and press Convert 3DS ROM to CIA button. It'll then ask you to select a folder. You can press Select Folder if you're already in roms even if you don't see your .3ds files.

To read more about how to -or- where to obtain the boot9.bin, this was mentioned in back in page #37 starting around post #728 to the last few current posts.

deSSy2724

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The generated .cia file has everytime a differend hash even if I use the same source (.3ds file) using the boot9.bin method? Why? Does it means that those created .cias arent compatible with eshop for downloading updates?

If I use 3dsconv it generates exactly the same .cia file with the same hash.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Does it means that those created .cias arent compatible with eshop for downloading updates?
All physical games with updates have what I arbitrarily call "type 1" updates (where, if the titleid is 00040000-*, the update is a separate title 0004000E-*)

The ticket of the application (which will NEVER be signed, if it's been converted from a .3ds) doesn't matter for downloading updates, only the ticket of the update (assuming you already have one installed in the first place)

For "type 2" software, that is updated by redownloading the application itself (so it will simply fail, if the app's ticket is unsigned); but for obvious reasons, no (originally) physical game is type 2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The generated .cia file has everytime a differend hash even if I use the same source (.3ds file) using the boot9.bin method? Why? Does it means that those created .cias arent compatible with eshop for downloading updates?

If I use 3dsconv it generates exactly the same .cia file with the same hash.

I did test conversion on a small *.3ds game, Wrecking Crew.

For the two times I've converted the game into *.cia, the ticket.bin and tmd.bin are different in hash.

I think 3DS Simple CIA Converter spoofs randomly generated tickets. The tmd contains SHA-256 hash info, and this probably changed probably due to that random generated ticket.

McMoofin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got to the step of your guide of where i place the nccginfo.bin on the root of my sd, but when i click on the nccginfo.bin, there is no "NCCHinfo options..." to build the XORpads?

D

Deleted User

After looking at how unnecessarily complicated current CIA converting methods are, I decided to write this tool. It's very simple and doesn't use Python or .NET Framework or any other programs and scripts, just my own code in a single exe file.

V23zdIU.png

I decided to take slightly different approach to keep things simple and only use ExHeader XORpads. They are 1MB each in size and multiple ROM files supported during 'ncchinfo.bin' creation, so you can make xorpads for a bunch of games in one go. With version 4.0 I added ability to patch minimum required kernel version (FW Spoof) and 'RegionFree', which requires *.exefs_norm.xorpad's. 'FW Spoof' function checks FW version game requires to run and only applied if original value exceeds entered (2D02:FW8.0-8.1, 2E02:FW9.0-9.2, 3002:FW9.3, 3102:FW9.5, 3202:FW9.6-9.8).

1) Put your 3DS games into 'roms' folder and press 'Create ncchinfo.bin file' button to create 'ncchinfo.bin' from 3DS ROMs.

2) Use GodMode9 along with created 'ncchinfo.bin' to generate ExHeader XORpads, put it in root of SD card, launch GodMode9 and follow
'[0:] SDCARD --> nccginfo.bin --> NCCHinfo options... --> Build XORpads (SD output)'.

3) Put *.xorpad files you generated on 3DS from SD root into 'xorpads' folder, press 'Convert 3DS ROM to CIA' button, select folder with *.3ds files and wait for program to finish.

With version 5.0 of the program XORpads are no longer required if proper 'boot9.bin' file detected in the same folder.
To generate 'boot9.bin' file you need B9S hack installed on your 3DS. Just hold (Start) + (Select) + (X) on boot and it will be saved to the /boot9strap/ folder on your SD card.

UPDATE (2017-09-24)
Version 5.0 is out

Changelog:
  • Added KeyX extraction from 'boot9.bin' file, no xorpad required if proper key provided.
Version 4.3, 2015-07-03
----------------------------------
- Added zero-key encrypted ROM support, no xorpad required.
- Added error skip so program doesn't stop converting remain files.
- Added application Major version writing into TMD.

Version 4.0, 2015-06-28
----------------------------------
- Added Download Play support.
- Added input 3DS ROM folder selection dialog.
- Added searching for *.3ds|*.3dz files in subfolders.
- Improved partition type detection.
- Improved 'FW Spoof' function.
- Set RegionFree to default without ability to disable it.
- Code cleanup and minor optimizations.
thank you soo much for this!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

thank you soo much for this!
edit: im stuck on the sd bit theres no option so im finding another converter now :cry:

TooEazyy_-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I copied my boo9.bin into the folder and try to convert rom to cia. Im getting an "exheader decryption failed" error. No idea why?

tyrantnyx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried using the boot9.bin method on several .3ds files, but I get an exheader decryption failed error every time, and when trying the xorpad method i don't get a NCCHinfo options... option when clicking on ncchinfo.bin.

Last edited by tyrantnyx,

NGFan830

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Shit. All I wanted was just an easy to use android or 3ds converter. Now I need to dust off my laptop, wait for it like 10 years to open, wait for it to load cuz that goddamn windows defender is using all the ram, just to find out then that paper mario sticker star isn't working.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shit. All I wanted was just an easy to use android or 3ds converter. Now I need to dust off my laptop, wait for it like 10 years to open, wait for it to load cuz that goddamn windows defender is using all the ram, just to find out then that paper mario sticker star isn't working.
Unless the 3DS rom is 4 GB, why not use GodMode9 to convert *.3ds to *.cia if your computer can't do it?

mikuchan540

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would i need to have FW Spoof checked?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

How would i get the .main file? OK i read how to do it but I am not getting the NCCHinfo options option on godmode9 to show up for it how would i get that?

Last edited by mikuchan540,

RagManX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to say thanks for this. So much better than converting on the 3DS or using some of the more complicated methods I've found. Used this today for the first time and it was indeed simple.

D34n08718

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Build XORpads (SD output)Build XORpads (SD output)

I have done what it says but when go so far on godmod it doesn't say above
HELP

GATWYAY3.2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"doesn't use Python or .NET Framework" thank goodness u tards have made my outdated vista even more useless with your higher and higher requirements

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Toxic pills are best
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, He fucked around and found out.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Lol Veho
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O OMG. A Very EXPENSIVE way to find out :ohnoes:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    He was trying to whip shitties but instead he wiped out and ate shit.
    +1
    He was better off Whipping his own :shit:. :unsure::unsure::unsure: But then again.. Maybe not. Eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whip it real good
    Nah. Cool Whip is better :D
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cool wHip
    Especially on Chocolate Ice Cream :D:wub::D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Especially on Chocolate Ice Cream :D:wub::D