Hacking [Release] AIO Self Hosting for Raspberry Pi - 2.0

apachehavok

Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
Nope...

Different note, you actually don't have to flash the device at all. It runs a webserver by default, just tftp the needed www files for the wiiu and call it a day.

Wait really? So why was the link tutorial to a flash?

You literally just go into it and host the files? By TFTP (noob when it comes to web stuff) do you mean hitting the IP of the thing? Just confused how you get files onto it to host.

Last edited by apachehavok,

citrus3000psi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You literally just go into it and host the files? By TFTP (noob when it comes to web stuff) do you mean hitting the IP of the thing? Just confused how you get files onto it to host.

You can just do a lot more things with open-wrt, like install php etc, change wifi config easily etc.

If you aren't familer with tftp (I am from my cisco days) you can setup the samba share on the device. Copy the files to the sd card, and then move the files to correct www directory on the device. SSH isn't available so you'll have to connect with socat.

tftp is very simple though. There are multiple ways to accomplish the same tasks on the these devices.

Info on how to enable samba.
http://forum.banggood.com/forum-topic-71346.html

icw35

Trophies
XP
Country
Dont forget you can power the pi using the usb port on the WiiU!! Thats what I do. Turn on WiiU powers up pi. Also I use squid on the pi and filter the urls myself, no need for tube hax :)

apachehavok

Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
Dont forget you can power the pi using the usb port on the WiiU!! Thats what I do. Turn on WiiU powers up pi. Also I use squid on the pi and filter the urls myself, no need for tube hax :)

Wait so I dont need the power adapter?? I can power it with the wiiU!!!???? Oh snap

vedekandy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
As it turns out I had a few Raspberry Pis lying around, so gave this a shot. I don't have a Wii U USB <> Network adapter, but I DO have a spare access point lying around. So I:

• Configured the AP to have an IP of 10.10.10.1, Gateway and DNS settings are empty, and hooked it up to my network
  • Setup the Wii U with IP 10.10.10.15, Gateway of 10.10.10.1, and DNS settings of 10.10.10.2 and 10.10.10.3 (so, pointing to nothing)
  • Connected the Pi to the network
And ... it just works, no muss, no fuss :) As it uses a completely different IP range to my existing network devices, they don't interfere with each other; the Wii U can't connect to any site or IP address other than the Pi, and even if I hook my PC up to the AP all it can connect to is the Pi. I tried pinging/tracert-ing some of the Nintendo Update/Shop URLs and got nothing.

Thanks for this guide and the links - now I don't have to arse around with running servers on my main PC, or have to risk the Wii U randomly updating itself!

Reactions: Kafluke

Kafluke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As it turns out I had a few Raspberry Pis lying around, so gave this a shot. I don't have a Wii U USB <> Network adapter, but I DO have a spare access point lying around. So I:

• Configured the AP to have an IP of 10.10.10.1, Gateway and DNS settings are empty, and hooked it up to my network
  • Setup the Wii U with IP 10.10.10.15, Gateway of 10.10.10.1, and DNS settings of 10.10.10.2 and 10.10.10.3 (so, pointing to nothing)
  • Connected the Pi to the network
And ... it just works, no muss, no fuss :) As it uses a completely different IP range to my existing network devices, they don't interfere with each other; the Wii U can't connect to any site or IP address other than the Pi, and even if I hook my PC up to the AP all it can connect to is the Pi. I tried pinging/tracert-ing some of the Nintendo Update/Shop URLs and got nothing.

Thanks for this guide and the links - now I don't have to arse around with running servers on my main PC, or have to risk the Wii U randomly updating itself!
The self hosting package has been updated to 1.2 and has a way better looking interface. I'll be updating this image here soon.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wait so I dont need the power adapter?? I can power it with the wiiU!!!???? Oh snap
I tried powering from the wii u and it wasn't enough. The Pi will work anywhere from 1A to 2A and the USB only puts out .5A ... I think.

Kafluke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just added version 1.3 to the OP. It now is much tighter php code and better looking icons. Also it has direct payload for 5.3.2 users and fully updated apps on sd card. Also I included a new folder called PC Software for all the server side stuff. (saviine, dumpiine, ddd etc)

json_zpshmnivbbt.png

Last edited by Kafluke,

apachehavok

Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
hey @Kafluke

Question about shutting the pi down. So you bring it over to a friends, and use it normally. When its time to pack up, can you just pull the USB power on the thing? That cool to do?

Kafluke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its on its own network..... Can it host its own web server but connect to another wifi?
What I do is just copy the www folder to a flash drive and then plug it into the pi. Replace the www files that are in there.

You have to use sudo though.

Or you could even give your wired ethernet on a laptop an IP of 10.10.10.x and then plug it into the crossover cable. Then you could ssh to it.

Last edited by Kafluke,

apachehavok

Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
What I do is just copy the www folder to a flash drive and then plug it into the pi. Replace the www files that are in there.

You have to use sudo though

?? Little confused. Is it ok to pull the plug to turn the thing off is really the ultimate question from my original question I tagged ya in :)

Kafluke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are many ways to update. I'll list all the ways I know:

1. Pull the SD and put it into your computer. Download the latest image in the OP. Reflash the SD. Put back in pi and power up.
2. Download the package without the PC Software here. Copy everything from the www folder to the pi using one of these methods:
a) copy the contents of the www folder to a fat32 formated usb thumb drive. Plug the thumb drive into the pi. Open a terminal and use sudo commands to first delete the everything inside of "/var/www/html/". So you go into the "html" folder and delete all the files and folders. Next use sudo commands to copy every thing from the USB to the "html" folder. If you are unfamiliar with Linux terminal commands please google. It's not hard.
b) Change your IP on your laptop ethernet to 10.10.10.x (replace x with any number from 11 - 254). Unplug the crossover cable end that plugs into the pi and plug it into your laptop. Use Putty to SSH into the ip of (10.10.10.10). Use SSH to copy and overwrite the files in /var/www/html/. Again, google if you need help with SSH commands.

Last edited by Kafluke,

lonelyhero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive been trying to get this working on a rasberry pi 3b im using a triple boot of raspbian retropi and a media server ive got a working apache server and can see the test page but cant get the www files to work on it i copied them to the proper folder but i still see the test page when i connect to the rasberry pi ip adress or try local host on the pi itself

Kafluke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive been trying to get this working on a rasberry pi 3b im using a triple boot of raspbian retropi and a media server ive got a working apache server and can see the test page but cant get the www files to work on it i copied them to the proper folder but i still see the test page when i connect to the rasberry pi ip adress or try local host on the pi itself
Are you sure you copied everything to the /var/www/html folder from the www folder?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You should have an index.html file in the "html" folder on your Pi. Make sure its the index.html file from the aio package. Also if you did this manually make sure you install php on your pi.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: ok