• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

plisuu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question: I read somewhere about how games downloaded from the freeshop can be detected by ninty. Is this true? I know that it's been known that they can tell the difference between digital games and carts, and I'm sure they can cross reference purchases with your NNID, but is there something in the tickets or titleid that they can detect, or that we know that they can detect? Despite having cfw, I like my ds to look as absolutely legit as possible (weird moral things, idk) and would rather be safe than sorry with the other stuff going on right now. Thanks~

arc13

SPAAAACE !
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Quick question: I read somewhere about how games downloaded from the freeshop can be detected by ninty. Is this true? I know that it's been known that they can tell the difference between digital games and carts, and I'm sure they can cross reference purchases with your NNID, but is there something in the tickets or titleid that they can detect, or that we know that they can detect? Despite having cfw, I like my ds to look as absolutely legit as possible (weird moral things, idk) and would rather be safe than sorry with the other stuff going on right now. Thanks~
They can cross reference your purchase with your nnid, this is sure.
The title id are legits since it use the same files as the eShop and the tickets should be legits too.

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They can cross reference your purchase with your nnid, this is sure.
The title id are legits since it use the same files as the eShop and the tickets should be legits too.
It wouldn't surprise me if they started doing this. Since my NNID one got banned, but not the ones without NNID.

arc13

SPAAAACE !
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The freeShop 3.1.1 has been released!

DISCLAIMER:
My laptop, on which I maintain the freeShop, decided to die this week end (however, it's just the HDD and I have a lot of other), the updates may be delayed due to that.

The theme engine has been updated, and an app has been released to help theme makers to modify the Texts.json file.
The new theming guide is available here.

Here's the Changelog:
the Changelog said:
The scrolled update.

- Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments.
- You can now scroll the game description with the touchscreen!
- The Y button will ask you if you want to cancel the sleep download if the selected game is already in sleep download mode.
- Storage meters now show free space/total space
- Updated Timmy (1.1):
Theme makers should update their themes, a new guide has been released with the changelog.
- Korean flag has been added.
- Added the option to use the system keyboard for game searching.
- Added an option to show the battery percentage.
- A game counter has been implemented.
You can disable it via the Settings > Other tab.
- Return to the HOME Menu while a sleep download is processed should be less harm.
- Fixed bug that prevented DSiWare games name to appear in sleep mode download.
- Fixed bug with the shutdown feature that wasn't working properly with New 3DS.
- Updated Brazilian Portuguese, Hungarian, Spanish US, Spanish ES and Dutch translations.
- The moon icon for sleep download don't freeze the console anymore.
- Fixed bug that was crashing the app when the user wanted to launch a game through the freeShop/refresh the cache
- Fixed the bug that was preventing HOME Menu Themes to be downloaded.
- Fixed the bug that was preventing freeShop to launch games on cartridges.

tnecniv43208

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Can't believe system keyboard is implemented, it'll be so much easier for searching Japanese games(well for non Japanese speaker who owns Japanese consoles like me), it's the most wanted feature for me but I knew there isn't much demand so I never request so, this is really, really awesome

Manurocker95

Game Developer & Pokémon Master
Trophies
Website
manuelrodriguezmatesanz.com
XP
Country
Spain

DISCLAIMER:
My laptop, on which I maintain the freeShop, decided to die this week end (however, it's just the HDD and I have a lot of other), the updates may be delayed due to that.

The theme engine has been updated, and an app has been released to help theme makers to modify the Texts.json file.

Here's the Changelog:
This, HBL 2.0 and Luma 8.0+B9S 1.2 made my day

Reactions: Kioku and arc13

phalk

Handheld Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
arc, now that we have the hbl integration in the new Luma I'm aiming to keep my system looking as much as a retail unit as possible to avoid future bans. I know it would probably be pointless at this time but would it be possible to port freeshop as a 3DSX app so I can use it without leaving traces?

DaRk_ViVi

Sending you back... to the future!
Trophies
Website
www.darkvivi.it
XP
Country
Italy

DISCLAIMER:

Here's the Changelog:

I'm not home nor I have my 3DS with me: is freeShop updating on its own or do we have to do it manually by downloading a new cia?

Manurocker95

Game Developer & Pokémon Master
Trophies
Website
manuelrodriguezmatesanz.com
XP
Country
Spain
arc, now that we have the hbl integration in the new Luma I'm aiming to keep my system looking as much as a retail unit as possible to avoid future bans. I know it would probably be pointless at this time but would it be possible to port freeshop as a 3DSX app so I can use it without leaving traces?

Nope, IIRC FreeShop needs some permissions not allowed in userland.

Reactions: trainboy2019

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think it's now possible with luma3ds v8.0 & hbmenu v2, since the 3dsx have full arm11 permissions.
(https://github.com/fincs/new-hbmenu/issues/4)
"This is intentional. It was decided that target title selection is not useful anymore since 3dsx applications have full ARM11 system permissions now, and it is possible to directly access the savefiles of any title by using the appropriate FSUSER commands. In the meantime, you can use the CIA versions of savegame managers."

phalk

Handheld Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

The same as FBI, no? And that one works pretty well. I have arm11 access through CFW and HBL 2.0 enables it for homebrew. Unless Freeshop uses some different permissions it should work if a port is made.

Reactions: Quantumcat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slower speeds for gen4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hp24nDVKvY