Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Good Morning.😊

Week starts with great News.
@Maschell and Aroma Team released BETA 5.

https://github.com/wiiu-env/Aroma/releases/tag/beta-5

Latest changes (2022-10-09):

Environment Loader updates: (Download via Payloads)
  • The EnvironmentLoader will now always highlight the correct autoboot environment in the menu.
Aroma updates (Download via Base Aroma)
  • Fixed crashes that could happen when exiting ZombiU and Nintendo Web Framework titles like Dot Arcade.
  • Fixed booting Call of Duty Black Ops 2.
  • The save directory for WUHBs have been changed to include the short name of the homebrew.
  • Files in the plugin directory that don't end with ".wps" or start with "." or "_" will now be ignored.
  • Various fixes regarding the config menu of the plugin system.
  • Fixed displaying the correct name in the Home Menu when running a homebrew title.
  • Any .rpx will be hidden from Wii U Menu if a .wuhb with the same name exists in the same directory.

NEW AROMA Users should please use THIS Link and please read careful the Instructions:
https://aroma.foryour.cafe/

Also some Plug Ins where updated too:

Other updates: (Download via Additional Plugins and Modules)
  • SDCafiine plugin v0.1.1 (Full changelog):
    • Minor fix to improve memory allocation..
  • FTPiiU plugin v0.3 (Full changelog):
    • The stability and transfer speeds have been increased. "/fs/" and "/fs/vol" access has been fixed.
  • Wiiload plugin v0.2 (Full changelog):
    • A config menu to enable/disable the server has been added.

Thank you.:)

brkun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two things:

1 - My old Homebrew Launcher Channel / Forwarder don't work anymore on Aroma. I really like using HBL instead of the homebrew icons. Is there a way to have HBL on the screen?

Tried to find a WUHB for it and no luck.

EDIT: apparently every single VC inject is not working. Even the Gamecube injects that work with Nintendont.
Is this a normal issue?

2 - I had some problems to install WUPs with WUP Installer GX2 WUHP version. Is this normal?

NVM I was just being dumb and noticed that the whole Aroma enviroment was not sigpatched. Copied the sigpatch from tiramisu module folder and that's it.

Last edited by brkun,

NinStar

Ny'hrarr ♂
Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil
Reactions: [Truth]

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The public plugins are listed on the download page itself, it is on the "Additional plugins and modules" section: https://aroma.foryour.cafe
Now for hoomebrews, I believe Homebrew Store already has some: https://apps.fortheusers.org/wiiu/category/aroma-ready

There's still a few other WUHB homebrew apps that aren't included in the WiiU App Store.
I know the appstore has NUSspli Lite, but it's doesn't have the main NUSspli, which allows you to directly get games from the NUS service:
https://github.com/V10lator/NUSspli/releases

That one does have an Aroma release.
There's also two Sonic Mania ports to WiiU, one of which I'm following closely, and that one also has an Aroma target added:
https://github.com/Clownacy/Sonic-Mania-Decompilation-Wii-U/releases

I'm sure there are a couple other apps made for Aroma which aren't included yet, but it's nice to see the library for it growing.
Personally, I'm really looking forward to having RetroArch as WUHB, as well as a proper working version of WiiU Shell, UFDiine and Loadiine for Aroma.
Maybe one day.

Or hopefully Maschell can look into RetroArch WUHB himself, since I know that will most likely be the most problematic one :P

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Maschell,

Gona try first a fresh install of zombi u and report here.
I'll help with the disc version when it gets dark. (Best time to ironman)

By the way, is it a known issue that switching accounts to one that has never been used under Aroma while the Homebrew on Menu plugin is running doesn't properly grab the appropriate BaristaAccountSaveFile.dat, and instead creates a new one? (Switching accounts on Quick Launch not working is a known issue if I recall)

fille

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Which plugins are you running?
in my aramo plugins dir are wiiload-sdcafeine-region free-re_nfpii-padcon-homebrew_on_menu-ftpiiu and drc_region_free
Just tested with new install from nusspli,still same problem,zombiu us version installed on usb hdd,strange all other games working fine.
hmm,it just worked now,copied again the ftpii and cafeine again in the aroma plugin dir,but if thats have todo with it.
it worked once,then same problem.

Last edited by fille,

Robru1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Basically, I no longer use the the HBL at all. I still only use add-ons that are started with the .WUHB extension. In fact, those all work fine within Aroma.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Install the games. After that they will be shown in the home menu ;)

Except that takes space in either a USB or in NAND, I assume they mean having them in Loadiine format and have them appear as-if you installed them, but not really. Similar to Homebrew apps with Aroma. It'd be nice to have, but I assume it'd be a pain due to how Loadiine handles games and their formats. Most likely not gonna happen.

I'm just eagerly awaiting for Saviine, WiiU Shell and RetroArch to make the switch to WUHB :P

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
it'd be a pain due to how Loadiine handles games and their formats. Most likely not gonna happen.
It most likely won't gonna happen as Loadiine is unmaintained, outdated and obsolete... + it's used for piracy purposes which Aroma devs are against.

The real right way is what @BaamAlex said: Attach a USB HDD and install your content there.

it is still a better way to keep homebrews organized for a lot of people
AFAIK someone is working on a new, wuhb compatible HBL. It just needs time. The legacy HBL is incompatible with Aroma through, so don't use it. Instead bridge the waiting time either with dual-booting into Tiramisu or having homebrews on the home menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did Janet Jackson release a new song +1