• Views 7,219,935
  • Replies 21,664
  • Likes 284

IIYAMA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Haters need to get a life . If you think Cemu is bad then just ignore it and make a better emulator (if you can :P )
Human have the right to earn a living . I paid for PPSSPP gold , Dolphin gold , FPSE , Drastic ...I don't see anything wrong with them . These emulators can make much more money than Cemu
I know you're jealous, you need to calm down
does cemu 1.5.3 allow dlcs for mario kart 8?
Already tested . A message popped up when I tried to use DLC character . There was graphic issues with that message , I couldn't read it at all . Anyway , DLC doesn't work atm
There is a hack that could by pass this (not recommended though)
https://gbatemp.net/threads/【tutori...acks-in-loadiine-in-a-quick-dirty-way.415344/

Adubbz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As a game developer myself, two people working on Cemu while the next generation of open source emulation are still trying to figure things out years after their conception is becoming more of a joke than anything.

I have no disrespect for any on-going developments and I am not a programmer myself but I do see patterns in each development cycle.

In the past year alone Cemu has made far more progress and likely earns less than what Patreon states and the devs are likely not able to live off of that as a full-time job.
Compare that to Citra, Decaf and Xenia where you rarely see anyone reporting it online and I myself have seen a lack of commits.
RPCS3 and Nucelus aren't even mentioned anymore until some big game is shown off which hardly works at all or crashes badly.

For the longest time, I have been wondering what is going on with Decaf Wii U Emulation and it seems to progress slowly with more people working on it.

The sheer fact two people are working on a closed source Cemu project and haven't shared their knowledge proves they know what they are doing seeing as how there isn't a copy-paste war going on and from what I have been keeping up on, many devs borrow and copy from one-another.

I've seen the debate of open source vs closed source and results show that closed source keeps the copy-cats from potentially candy-wrapping viruses people are likely to gobble up in seconds.
Kudos to the devs of Cemu for that.

Honestly, I think the two are proving their merit and developing the first emulator that actually plays games than those who are still trying to pick up the pace.

The idiots lurking in this thread are obviously pirates and immature brats who have no idea what the word 'development' even means and flaunt their incoherent knowledge around like they own the place.

Let this be a lesson that hard work is appreciated and often undermined by selfish mongrels who care only for themselves.
Sociopaths are good at biting the hand that feeds them but couldn't find the food if they tried.

Also, this entire thread could use a massive Troll Genocide of mass proportions... seriously over 600 pages of less than information?
Get real and stop feeding the damn Trolls, they just keep getting uglier and worse.

I may be a skeptic but Exzap and his devs get my condolences of hard work and effort, this crap isn't easy and they do what no-one else can do unless otherwise proven.

So Trolls, if you can do better go code your own damn Cemu clone and prove you are better or get the hell out of here and leave your inhumanity out of the picture.

I must say I find it rather laughable that you scorn at those who take for granted the work that has thus far gone into Cemu, only to denigrate the hard work that has gone into other projects by referring to it as a 'joke'. Indeed, immaturity can be seen throughout this thread, but it's hard to take the high ground when you make farcical generalisations such as claiming that they're 'pirates'. Yes, I'm sure they're baby-killers as well.

Also, it is simply naive to judge open source projects by the frequency of commits, or even by their publicity. Different projects and different developers take different approaches to managing their Git repos. In the case of Citra, changes are often made to forks before being submitted as a pull request, which is publicly scrutinised before being merged into the main project. Or alternatively, Git commits may be made locally before being pushed in large chunks. And whilst yes, Cemu may appear to show greater publicity than other emulators at this time, that does not mean development has ceased. Different platforms have different architectures that each present their own challenges when creating an emulator. It just so happens that the Wii U uses both hardware and software that are relatively well-documented and well-understood, and hence progress has moved forward rapidly. But I'm certain you already knew all of this as a game developer yourself.

As for the Decaf project, what are you talking about? Like Cemu, there are only two main developers, exjam and brett19, who each have jobs and yet still manage to pour in significant amounts of work in as can be seen by your beloved commit log https://github.com/decaf-emu/decaf-emu/commits/master. Additionally, Exzap has noted himself that Cemu has been in development for some time prior to its public release, so it's hard to take seriously phrases such as 'pick up the pace' when Cemu has had a head start.

Finally, with regard to these viruses, I'd love to see these 'results' you speak of. Closed source programs are a black box. They may have a virus, they may not. Who could know? Virus scanners don't always detect everything. At least open source programs provide an opportunity for a much wider audience to inspect the code for malicious contents. Closed-source programs require innumerable hours of careful scanning through assembly instructions that the majority of people simply do not have, or lack the skills to do so. That's not to say Cemu contains any viruses, I'm very doubtful that it does, however it is difficult to know this for certain.

Cemu has indeed made remarkable progress over these past few months, and I applaud Exzap and Petergov who each have each done a splendid job in achieving what they have. However, pretending everything is faultless is just as deplorable as claiming it is completely flawed.

Last edited by Adubbz,
Reactions: StripTheSoul

lucianobugalu

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What are you talking about? I follow the GitHub commits and Reddit and I see progress at a snail's pace. What progress has Xenia made in the past 6 months?! I'm genuinely worried it's going to die soon and will never progress to even a 'descent' emulator. It's only capable of playing a handful of !2D! XBLA games and that compat. list never changes. Ooooooh, so impressive. Cemu is garbage compared to the godliness of Xenia.

Aside from migration to Vulcan and breaking some games (Scott Pilgrim for ex.), what is new? What new games boot? How's the 3D stuff coming along? What new features are supported? How's those perf. increases coming? What are you smoking? Do tell me about AAAAAALLLLL the progress Xenia has made lately and then let's stack that up to Exzap+team big bi-weekly releases.

Why do all these geniuses think opening up an emu allows thousands of devs to pour in and perfect emulation within weeks? That's not how it works kids. Maybe one day you'll learn that. Just stop talking (seriously) and enjoy the fastest progressing emulator on the market which, oh what do you know, is closed source. Stick with what's working. If this progress keeps up, keep this thing closed forever and trust that the team will deliver on the bonus things the community wants at some point. I'm pretty sure the team members/size will not be stagnate also, so there's always the possibility of more on-boarding - if you have the right qualifications.... ;)
Hey einstein, I'll show you only two videos, then you tell me if have progress or not.

I'm sorry to say that everything you wrote is a ... Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Last edited by lucianobugalu,

ww97

Wajiro
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Enough fight. Plz check if someone has the same problem.

"Hi guys, is the "shadow section" of Shadow-Play Alley (Super Mario 3D World) only is broken and invisible for me or... is a public prob?"

D

Deleted User

Hey einstein, I'll show you only two videos, then you tell me if have progress or not.

I'm sorry to say that everything you wrote is a ... Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

What is the outcome of this argument anyway , Xenia and Cemu have different approaches

Alex S

Creator Of WWHDM, And Metroid Fusion XER0X!
Trophies
Website
www.erm.wut
XP
Country
United States
Enough fight. Plz check if someone has the same problem.

"Hi guys, is the "shadow section" of Shadow-Play Alley (Super Mario 3D World) only is broken and invisible for me or... is a public prob?"

yup. shadow emulation itself is still very buggy in cemu. WWHD was hit worst of all.

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
It looks better under framebuffer 8 imo without the fog but it takes off the osd too.
If your using the pro or classic controller does that mean less taxing on your cpu / gpu since it's not having
to calculate the extra wiiu pad screen all the time? does it effect the framerate on real hardware since it's having to encode it for transmitting too, be funny if we could Miracast / WiDi it to tablets.

Alex S

Creator Of WWHDM, And Metroid Fusion XER0X!
Trophies
Website
www.erm.wut
XP
Country
United States
It looks better under framebuffer 8 imo without the fog but it takes off the osd too.
If your using the pro or classic controller does that mean less taxing on your cpu / gpu since it's not having
to calculate the extra wiiu pad screen all the time? does it effect the framerate on real hardware since it's having to encode it for transmitting too, be funny if we could Miracast / WiDi it to tablets.

just do what i do and plug your laptop into the hdmi and duplicate the screen. that way you can use the touch screen on the laptop :P

@Exzap can you give us the ability to display the gamepad as a seperate window and can you try to add frameskip to cemu? im not asking too much.

Last edited by Alex S,

Cemufan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
thank god this emulator is completely free, and has the best programmers because it is the best emulator in decades , super fast , incredible performance in emulation , friendly interface , super easy to use, fast, fast, faster and faster , other emulators, is completely free also , thanks to @Petergov and @Exzap , god bless you, and thank you very much for sharing your imprecionante work with us, thank you very much , are the best , has even be people who pass it braying like donkeys , not make them better if I propose to remove accounts that do not respect the rules again and again to break the rules to see that your comments are not well come here.

Last edited by Cemufan,

emmauss

Trophies
XP
Country
Ghana
thank god this emulator is completely free, and has the best programmers because it is the best emulator in decades , super fast , incredible performance in emulation , friendly interface , super easy to use, fast, fast, faster and faster , other emulators, is completely free also , thanks to @Petergov and @Exzap , god bless you, and thank you very much for sharing your imprecionante work with us, thank you very much , are the best , has even be people who pass it braying like donkeys , not make them better if I propose to remove accounts that do not respect the rules again and again to break the rules to see that your comments are not well come here.

and here comes another newcomer.it is not wrong to praise them, but please be objective on how you rate emulators.

Um... you know you contradicted yourself right? How can you be a game developer and not a programmer??

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

DID YOU CALL CEMU GARBAGE??? WHY ARE YOU HERE THEN?

he is trying to be sarcastic here.he aint calling cemu garbage.

Fedeondarts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
just do what i do and plug your laptop into the hdmi and duplicate the screen. that way you can use the touch screen on the laptop :P

@Exzap can you give us the ability to display the gamepad as a seperate window and can you try to add frameskip to cemu? im not asking too much.

He already said several times that frameskip would break things.

Last edited by Fedeondarts,

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
There's more to being a game developer than just programming.

Such as??? other people have their respected titles so i'd take it for it's literal meaning too.
graphic artist
sound engineer
mocap, animator
bugtester
cgi artist
3d modeler
storyboarder
publisher always stealing the credit from devs like thq and yukes, marketing

Last edited by ned,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat