Homebrew [Release] CIAngel - download GOOD cias right on your 3ds :)

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Sorry, Don't mean to disrupt the flow, but I've got a question. The first few downloads went okay with my EU N3DS (10.7.0-32 ReiNAND). However I tried downloading Majora's Mask and It froze. Or atleast. . . I think it froze? It hung at 7ish% for a 15 minutes and 3% for awhile upon reboot/retry. Just wondering if this is common or if it's because I am using an out of region 3DS? Oh and thanks for all the hard work guys!
i recommened to install the legit cia of mm, but sorry about the problem... not sure why.
the app is not perfect! region is not the problem.

later we can add cancelling of operations.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry, Don't mean to disrupt the flow, but I've got a question. The first few downloads went okay with my EU N3DS (10.7.0-32 ReiNAND). However I tried downloading Majora's Mask and It froze. Or atleast. . . I think it froze? It hung at 7ish% for a 15 minutes and 3% for awhile upon reboot/retry. Just wondering if this is common or if it's because I am using an out of region 3DS? Oh and thanks for all the hard work guys!
Just tested with the US release of MM, and it's currently at 18% without issue. Perhaps your internet connection dropped? I thought I had made sure checks were in for failing downloads, but I may have missed something.

Reactions: cearp

zer01717

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No worries! Thanks for the advice guys. I'll try using CIAngel again in a bit and see if it succeeds/ if not then I'll fetch the game else-wares. Keep up the good work!

ryanjf97

not long now...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It might just be what I installed, but tried to download "Animal Crossing Preview", and upon opening it said "Error_Message_Load" on the bottom screen, everything else was black. No dramas though, it was just a test :)

Nyap

HTML Noob
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
some games crash when downloading
scribblenauts unlimited crashes at 10%, and I just tried downloading some other game about bugs and tanks (forgot the name) and it crashed at exactly 51.34%
im on eur o3ds

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some games crash when downloading
scribblenauts unlimited crashes at 10%, and I just tried downloading some other game about bugs and tanks (forgot the name) and it crashed at exactly 51.34%
im on eur o3ds
I did some math with some estimation. And it seems that each of your downloads is failing right around the 40MB mark.

Do you have a decent internet connection?

Are these the only two you have tried?

Nyap

HTML Noob
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I did some math with some estimation. And it seems that each of your downloads is failing right around the 40MB mark.

Do you have a decent internet connection?

Are these the only two you have tried?
my dads internet is terrible
i've also tried steamworld dig and it worked fine

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I gave v0.49 a try. Maybe I'm missing something, but how can I return to the main selection after sending a search? Also I entered "Virtue" as a search word and got results as Fairune and Youtube, but no Virtue's Last Reward.

Thanks for all your efforts!

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I gave v0.49 a try. Maybe I'm missing something, but how can I return to the main selection after sending a search? Also I entered "Virtue" as a search word and got results as Fairune and Youtube, but no Virtue's Last Reward.

Thanks for all your efforts!
maybe try the X on the keyboard, bottom left? :) it should work. good luck

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Already tried the X on the keyboard. Doesn't work. The program waits for a number to download a game, nothing else seems to work.
i honestly thought it worked for me... strange... what about when you are searching, you can quit with X then?

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i honestly thought it worked for me... strange... what about when you are searching, you can quit with X then?
No, that also doesn't work. Btw, I'm using the CIA. Maybe you upload the wrong CIA?

EDIT: Cancel with X on virtual keyboard works with the CIA from inside the zip file. The CIAs from inside the zip and the seperate CIA have different time stamps. But Virtue's Last Reward still cannot be found by searching for "Virtue" or "Reward".

Last edited by SpaceJump,

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
No, that also doesn't work. Btw, I'm using the CIA. Maybe you upload the wrong CIA?
i just tested. when i am asked to type a name, i can click X on the keyboard at the bottom and yes, i go back to the 'main menu'.
if i search for something and don't want to download, i press X and again, i return to the main menu.
0.45+ has this feature, 0.4 doesn't. but you say you are using 0.49 so you should have it...
i can only assume you made a mistake and are still using 0.4? sorry

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i just tested. when i am asked to type a name, i can click X on the keyboard at the bottom and yes, i go back to the 'main menu'.
if i search for something and don't want to download, i press X and again, i return to the main menu.
0.45+ has this feature, 0.4 doesn't. but you say you are using 0.49 so you should have it...
i can only assume you made a mistake and are still using 0.4? sorry
No need to be sorry :)

I edited my post: Cancel with X on virtual keyboard works with the CIA from inside the zip file. The CIAs from inside the zip and the seperate CIA have different time stamps. But Virtue's Last Reward still cannot be found by searching for "Virtue" or "Reward".

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
No need to be sorry :)

I edited my post: Cancel with X on virtual keyboard works with the CIA from inside the zip file. The CIAs from inside the zip and the seperate CIA have different time stamps. But Virtue's Last Reward still cannot be found by searching for "Virtue" or "Reward".
what if you type in the full name? spelling mistakes is ok, virtues reward should be find, don't worry about the apostrophe.
the search function is just to make things easier, otherwise we would need to type the name 100% exact. i will try to find a better search algorithm, but this one is not too bad in reality i think :)

oh maybe i made a mistake in the release upload, that's embarrasing :)

if i type sonic, i want sonic the hedgehod to appear, but it doesn't, it finds similar strings, and yeah... 'yoshi' is more similar to 'sonic' than 'sonic' is to 'sonic the hedgehog' :)
maybe in the future it will get better.
it needs to find similar names because some characters can't be input, like the special e in pokemon, some TM signs... etc etc

Last edited by cearp,

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just opened the wings.json in Notepad++ and in it I cannot find Virtue's Last Reward. So now we know why CIAngel can't find the game :)

Strangely the ticket for that game was also not generated although the game is on that Title Key page. Before generating all tickets I downloaded the encTitleKey file.

Reactions: cearp

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
@SpaceJump - virtue's last reward isn't in the wings.json file... lol that's why you can't find it ;)
oh we found it at the same time, ha.

yes the key page must have updated. no problem. i guess the wings file will update too... :)
i fixed the 0.49 upload

Last edited by cearp,
Reactions: SpaceJump

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!