• Views 1,496,582
  • Replies 4,207
  • Likes 102

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you do anything in FBI before opening the title list? I can't get this to occur on my system.
No, nothing, started the app, loaded the game titles. (Maybe cause i have so many apps on my system?) dunno honestly. The game was dumped and installed with god mode9 and running luma 8.1 on 11.5 if that helps

D

Deleted User

OP
No, nothing, started the app, loaded the game titles. (Maybe cause i have so many apps on my system?) dunno honestly. The game was dumped and installed with god mode9 and running luma 8.1 on 11.5 if that helps
Could you give me a rough estimate of how many titles you have installed that have icon data?

D

Deleted User

OP

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. I've prepared a build with some debug information to try to better understand what is going on; with this build, could you screenshot the information of a title with the wrong icon and the title said icon originally comes from?
PROPER
top_0006.jpg

bot_0006.jpg

WRONG
top_0005.jpg

bot_0005.jpg

Also the image changed for some reason. O_O

D

Deleted User

OP
That helps a bunch, thanks. I think I have a general idea of the problem now. Could you see if the issue still occurs in this build? Note that this is not a final fix, just a test to verify that I understand what change caused this problem to appear.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yukph6iocgaexlh/FBI.zip?dl=1

DanTheMan827

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Steveice10 Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but would it be possible to add the ability to install a 3DS/CCI/CXI directly without converting it to a CIA first?

Also, if that's possible, would that enable direct installation of a 3DS cartridge to the system? (can you even access the 3DS cartridge data like that from userland?)

Just throwing some ideas out there.

Last edited by DanTheMan827,

Keizel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How I could install the lastest version of FBI on NAND? I want it for that I format the 3DS, I don't have reinstall the program.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How I could install the lastest version of FBI on NAND? I want it for that I format the 3DS, I don't have reinstall the program.
There is no longer any need to. Even if you don't like Luma, you can launch HBL via the Rosalina menu with full permissions, and use the .3dsx version to install the .cia. Injecting was a dirty, dirty, hack and was never intended to be a permanent solution. Furthermore, you should be using tinyformat, if you want to format for some reason.

You do it by injecting it into health and safety using godmode9 or some other boot time payload.
See above.

Why are u adding a .3ds file even tho it's no longer working..
What are you talking about? It works perfectly fine :wtf:

Last edited by urherenow,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My reason for telling him was cause he asked a question, not to tell him he doesn't need to. :mellow:

I already know myself about this, but thank you for sharing that with me.
Sorry. It wasn't my intent to patronize. But I'm pretty sure injection has been removed from GM9 for that reason. An older version would have to be used. (or it simply got buried somewhere in the menus... :unsure:

Last edited by urherenow,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry. It wasn't my intent to patronize. But I'm pretty sure injection has been removed from GM9 for that reason. An older version would have to be used. (or it simply got buried somewhere in the menus... :unsure:
The latest version of godmode 9 has injection. You can inject a cia's APP file into H&S. Still while I agree is not to be a continuously used method, is there maybe for necessity reasons in case of future reasons, or historic reasons. While rosalina can load homebrew, not everyone may use it for whatever personal reason.

Not saying you was wrong in your statement, just each person has different reasons, I dunno what they maybe, could be that he switches sd cards a lot and just wanted a more permanent solution for fbi usage. A better idea could be to just install fbi to nand instead of injecting it. But I wouldn't know of any consequences to that so don't listen to me. :P

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The latest version of godmode 9 has injection. You can inject a cia's APP file into H&S. Still while I agree is not to be a continuously used method, is there maybe for necessity reasons in case of future reasons, or historic reasons. While rosalina can load homebrew, not everyone may use it for whatever personal reason.

Not saying you was wrong in your statement, just each person has different reasons, I dunno what they maybe, could be that he switches sd cards a lot and just wanted a more permanent solution for fbi usage. A better idea could be to just install fbi to nand instead of injecting it. But I wouldn't know of any consequences to that so don't listen to me. :P
Ahh... it's SUPER buried in there! Mount .cia as drive image, then select .app and go through NCCH image options... Godmode9 is certainly a piece of work :bow:

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Manual charging