• Start date
  • Views 307,656
  • Replies 1,143
  • Likes 105

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone been able to get the .3dsx to run under yellows8's Homebrew launcher? I tried Gateway EmuNAND 10.7, SysNAND 9.2, and also rxtools EmuNAND 10.7 and SysNAND 9.2. None of those worked. It just ran, showed red for a second, showed red for a second again, and returned to the Homebrew Launcher. The system is an o3ds running menuhax and ctrbootmanager.

Also, I tried running the .bin under ctrbootmanager from the menuhax, but I have no idea what offset to use. Using the same offset as rxtools hangs; using no offset clears the screen and then hangs.

I used the GodMode9-20160322-194109.zip from Github.
If you mean running from hbl you've launched from the cia from emunand, of course it won't work. Totally normal behavior you're getting there. (the 3dsx is built on brahma just like Decrypt9 etc).
It should run fine from ctrbootmanager from menuhax though (from sysnand of course). Works fine here. I just point ctrbootmanager to the 3dsx with no offset.

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you mean running from hbl you've launched from the cia from emunand, of course it won't work. Totally normal behavior you're getting there. (the 3dsx is built on brahma just like Decrypt9 etc).
It should run fine from ctrbootmanager from menuhax though (from sysnand of course). Works fine here. I just point ctrbootmanager to the 3dsx with no offset.

hbl launched from the CIA from SysNAND didn't work either, even though the SysNAND is 9.2.

ctrbootmanager with the .3dsx did finally work, but is not what the readme says--the readme suggests using the .bin with ctrbootmanager, which I could not get to work.

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
hbl launched from the CIA from SysNAND didn't work either, even though the SysNAND is 9.2.

ctrbootmanager with the .3dsx did finally work, but is not what the readme says--the readme suggests using the .bin with ctrbootmanager, which I could not get to work.
Well it actually has to be run from sysnand AND the native firm running has to be 9.2 or less otherwise it still won't work. (you'll get the red flash and back to hbl etc)
And yeah the 3dsx or bin can be used with bootmanager, not sure what offset for the bin as i only use the bin versions from a9lh.

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
I usually install powerful tools on hacked consoles and PC's even if I don't need the tools at that moment. I suggest people do the same thing, after all you never know when you might need to use this in the future. :)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Has anyone been able to get the .3dsx to run under yellows8's Homebrew launcher? I tried Gateway EmuNAND 10.7, SysNAND 9.2, and also rxtools EmuNAND 10.7 and SysNAND 9.2. None of those worked. It just ran, showed red for a second, showed red for a second again, and returned to the Homebrew Launcher. The system is an o3ds running menuhax and ctrbootmanager.

Also, I tried running the .bin under ctrbootmanager from the menuhax, but I have no idea what offset to use. Using the same offset as rxtools hangs; using no offset clears the screen and then hangs.

I used the GodMode9-20160322-194109.zip from Github.
The .bin seems to be made for a9lh, so it would be using offset 0.

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country

I was wondering why yellow8's cia homebrew loader was not working on my emunand and now I see why.

Last edited by jimmyleen,

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there a way to delete a9lh through 9.2 emunand with this tool?
You just need to restore an older NAND backup to remove a9lh. GodMode9 can do this via the virtual file function. I'd recommend using Decrypt9 for doing this, though, as D9 has additional safety checks in there.

Reactions: GerbilSoft

vexhash

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
You just need to restore an older NAND backup to remove a9lh. GodMode9 can do this via the virtual file function. I'd recommend using Decrypt9 for doing this, though, as D9 has additional safety checks in there.
The problem is that i don't have those old dumps of sysnand and emunand without a9lh anymore. And i swapped emunand and sysnand, installing a9lh on both of them.
I'm not complaining or worrying, it just... looks like a hopeless situation, where i can't get back to "factory settings" in any way.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The problem is that i don't have those old dumps of sysnand and emunand without a9lh anymore. And i swapped emunand and sysnand, installing a9lh on both of them.
I'm not complaining or worrying, it just... looks like a hopeless situation, where i can't get back to "factory settings" in any way.
There is a way, but I don't really recommend it, especially if you are not experienced with this stuff... FIRM0 / FIRM1 is identical among consoles, so you just need to get the firm.bin file for your FW version (can't help with that) and write it to firm. You might also need to restore sector0x96, which might be a little more difficult. Better ask someone else about this.

vexhash

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
From another thread...
On Old 3DS you could remove it just by flashing the firm partitions. ON NEW 3DS THIS WOULD RESULT IN A BRICK due to the secret sector not decrypting FIRM properly. You'd somehow have to inject the default secret sector, encrypted for your specific console, into NAND then overwrite firm (all in one go by modifying a NAND backup then restoring or you'd brick)
And OF COURSE i have new one, so it's not really possible in my situation.

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From another thread...

And OF COURSE i have new one, so it's not really possible in my situation.
As long as you have your OTP it isn't hard to modify the old python script to encrypt the secret sector for your console... You'd just need to take out the modification of it (since the input file is vanilla, decrypted)

ketal

aiueo
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Can we dump the system .dat savedata with this? I have a dirty fuse tool for that and I was thinking of a replacement, but this seems convenient

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.