Homebrew [Release]JK's SaveManager - Homebrew CIA Save manager.

• Thread starter JK_
  • Start date
  • Views 1,841,651
  • Replies 3,680
  • Likes 243

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't play it, but for those fans it will be a big issue! for compatibility purposes too. Restarting the system and launching causes the same result?
Restarting the system allows it to run fine.

Edit: Persona Q doesn't allow FBI to start properly for me either. Opening FTP-3DS in between fixes it though.

Last edited by JK_,

Sgt. Lulz

Beef up
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Doesn't work under arm9loaderhax :/

- 2DS
- AuReiNand v3.5.3
- Arm9LoaderHax
- Autoboots into Emunand 10.5

Crashes back to home menu with "an error has occured ...."
Had to use a cia installed version of CTR SaveDataFiler to dump my saves
Werks On My Machine™.
2DS with AuReiNAND 3.5.3, A9LH, emuNAND 10.5.
Are you using 10.4 NATIVE_FIRM?

Reactions: peteruk

chango

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Oh, right..just the .sav...my bad :| Sorry if I got your hopes up..
If it was from the same system you could make it work but from another system as far as I know it's impossible cause it's encrypted and locked to the hardware of your other system. Can you no longer access it?

how exactly can I accomplish this? I'm trying to move the savegame from a rom Ive been playing on gateway to a cia of the same game I just installed.

on the original release of the app, with the game selected on my gateway menu, when I try to extract from cartridge with game game selected in the gateway menu, It says its "accessing savearch.. uh oh" followed by crashing to the home menu.

So I started the cia of the game and let it save, then took the .sav the gateway made, put it in the same folder under /saves/ and tried to import it and when I selected it and hit A it said 0 files found in directory.

So the I tried the latest release of the tool, same results for cartridge, and for CIA when I selected my .sav it asked if i wanted to import it. it seemed to complete and gave no errors but when I launched the game to check, it had imported nothing.

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how exactly can I accomplish this? I'm trying to move the savegame from a rom Ive been playing on gateway to a cia of the same game I just installed.

on the original release of the app, with the game selected on my gateway menu, when I try to extract from cartridge with game game selected in the gateway menu, It says its "accessing savearch.. uh oh" followed by crashing to the home menu.

So I started the cia of the game and let it save, then took the .sav the gateway made, put it in the same folder under /saves/ and tried to import it and when I selected it and hit A it said 0 files found in directory.

So the I tried the latest release of the tool, same results for cartridge, and for CIA when I selected my .sav it asked if i wanted to import it. it seemed to complete and gave no errors but when I launched the game to check, it had imported nothing.
I have no idea how Gateway works and why my manager doesn't work with it. It's not exactly easy to figure out either, because I don't own one and have no reason to get one.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country

If you still have access to your Gateway, put your .sav file you want in your SD root, start the game with your Gateway and make sure it works. Then use SaveDataFiler and export your game there, then export your save in the CIA version, then take the files from /filer that has the saves you want, and put them in the folder JKSV created and then re-import them again.

3003x

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
jusnyan.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
omg yes the test build works for me with japanese games just in time when I needed to formad my emunand.
thank you so much for saving all my taiko no tatsujin hard full combos!

Reactions: Michierusama

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Good catch. It'll be fixed in the next release.

Working on multi select when I have time now.
Sorry if you already said this, but for the automatic date naming convention, is it yyyy/mm/dd? Or does it also account for the time as well, so we can make multiple backups a day?

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if you already said this, but for the automatic date naming convention, is it yyyy/mm/dd? Or does it also account for the time as well, so we can make multiple backups a day?
It's L for MM-DD-YYYY@HH-MM or R for DD-MM-YYYY@HH-MM. I had to use dashes because of forbidden chars in path.

Reactions: Lucky16

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's L for MM-DD-YYYY@HH-MM or R for DD-MM-YYYY@HH-MM. I had to use dashes because of forbidden chars in path.
Can you make YYYY-MM-DD@HH-MM and YYYY-DD-MM@HH-MM instead? That makes more sense because using your current naming conventions will mean, a year from now, our save backups will mix with our old ones. Eg. 01-01-2017 will come after 01-01-2016 and before 01-02-2016.
Here's an example

I've already encountered this issue with the way nVidia's Shadowplay names its files...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: and the lightning is frequent, so my power will most likely go out