[Release] - LövePotion - LÖVE API for 3DS Homebrew - BETA

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by VideahGams, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Chopsuey

Chopsuey Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 18, 2017
    Gambia, The
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Tanks, didn'd saw that, but man for me this looks more difficult as actually making the game. Why did never someone made a "drag 'n drop" tool for that xD...
    I hate installing this kind of stuff on my pc -.-

Is there an easyer way to Change the .3dsx "info" (image, autor, description ect.) ? Didn't get it by changing the smdh file...

2. NichyXD

NichyXD GBAtemp Regular

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    @TurtleP Since the OP has abandoned this project...
    Which forked version is good to use (and how)?
    Thank you in advance.

3. Makii

Makii Member

Newcomer
    May 16, 2017
    United States
    How do i delay something? For example if i want to move something up but slowly, how would i go about delaying it? This is what im thinking about;

function love.keypressed(key)

if key == "b" then
    player.y = player.y - 4
    delay
    player.y = player.y - 4
    delay
    player.y = player.y - 4
    delay
    player.y = player.y - 4
    delay
    player.y = player.y - 4
    end

What goes in "delay"s place?

Last edited by Makii, Jan 11, 2018
  4. JacKob

JacKob Member

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2017
    Colombia
    I am currently trying to make a sidescrolling Mario game for the 3DS using this framework, here is what ive been doing so far:

I just got an image of Mario on the bottom screen, when I was actually wanting it on the top screen.

[​IMG]

Once I got that image in, I wanted to see what I could do with music, so I randomly picked a song from Mario Odyssey (Steam Gardens: Sherm) and when I put the music file in and started up the demo, this happened:

[​IMG]

It'd be great if someone could help me with this error, I've heard that people could fix this error, but they never said how did they fix it.
    Here is a screenshot of the main.lua file:

[​IMG]

5. Chopsuey

Chopsuey Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 18, 2017
    Gambia, The
    somewhere over the rainbow

Try to Convert your musicfile to .ogg and use a shorter Track, this framework has problems with "long" music tracks.
    and by long i mean, i head trouble with anything longer than around 45 seconds :-D.

hoksyjp likes this.