Hacking [RELEASE] PFBA: Portable Final Burn Alpha - official thread

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys,i've discovered this emulator and installed on my PS Vita but,when i want play the game appear "error driver init failed" why?

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which version?

As best as I can tell, version 4.3. I can't find an "about" file for the program so I have to go by the date. But it doesn't matter anymore because I downloaded one of those "Disable Right Stick" plug ins and that seems to have resolved the issue. (Strangly, I downloaded a plug-in like this previously, but it didn't take for some reason. Whatever, it's fixed now!)

dragonz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,i've discovered this emulator and installed on my PS Vita but,when i want play the game appear "error driver init failed" why?

Problably the wrong rom - find somewhere in this forums which rom set is compatible with this emulator. I honestly forgot. It's obviously going to be a non mame set.

Reactions: NeoGranzon

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there skins for this? The one offered by default is not too kind on the eyes. The font is tough to read, too.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WaLFtz718XMLDMis24Pw5zZRQK8HuDMz/view?usp=sharing

Well, I had just about enough of that! The default skin was killing me, so I changed it to something kinder to my middle aged eyes. The painful combination of green and orange text has been changed to a uniform white (some text at the top right has a slight purple tinge, not sure what that's about) and the font was changed to Old Sans Black, designed by Manfred Klein and available free of charge on Dafont. Everything else is the same as it was in the default skin, and it's installed in the same way. Just put the ZIP file in data/pfba/skins using your favorite FTP client. You can change skins by pressing start in the main menu, selecting it from the option at the bottom of the screen, and restarting (press home, close, restart).

Sorry, CPASJuste, I know you spent a lot of time working on this emulator, but those colors are just... no.

Last edited by ArugulaZ,

cathor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
Which previous version is recommended for performance on the vita? Preferably using the 0.2.97.39 set.

Thanks,

Tomtani1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I go to Cpasjuste's Github release page to download pfba-4.4_vita.zip. When I unzip the file using Winrar, all I get are folders and files. I was expecting to get a vpk file to install into my PS Vita. How do I setup/install Cpasjuste's latest pfba-4.4_vita.zip?

Thank you.

Reactions: Lineacero

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi,

I go to Cpasjuste's Github release page to download pfba-4.4_vita.zip. When I unzip the file using Winrar, all I get are folders and files. I was expecting to get a vpk file to install into my PS Vita. How do I setup/install Cpasjuste's latest pfba-4.4_vita.zip?

Thank you.

Sorry @Tomtani1 ,you are sure there is no apk file inside zip file,as in the attached image?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201006-203347_ES File Explorer.jpg
    Screenshot_20201006-203347_ES File Explorer.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 211
Reactions: Lineacero and Flame

Tomtani1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry @Tomtani1 ,you are sure there is no apk file inside zip file,as in the attached image?
I just unzipped the pfba-4.4_vita.zip file again. Yes, there is a pfba.vpk file along with 3 folders and 13 .xml files. I will just use the vpk file to install the pfba 4.4. It was my oversight. Thanks for you reply.

Tomtani1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I am using pfba 4.4. The preview images shows up just fine at first. But after about 20 rom images, none of the preview images shows up again. I have to close pfba and re-open it in order to see the preview images again. After a short period of time the preview images disappear again. Is there a fix? I have about 3,326 images in the "roms/media/mixrbv2 folder".

CamiloDiaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I'm testing pfba 4.4. Is it normal that some roms are slow and others show errors on screen?

When I start for example Asterix, Boogie Wings or Mutant Fighter this error appears on the screen: (C2-12828-1)
With Blood Bros and Alter beast appears this: ERROR Driver init failed.

What am I doing wrong?

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm testing pfba 4.4. Is it normal that some roms are slow and others show errors on screen?

When I start for example Asterix, Boogie Wings or Mutant Fighter this error appears on the screen: (C2-12828-1)
With Blood Bros and Alter beast appears this: ERROR Driver init failed.

What am I doing wrong?

Hi @CamiloDiaz ,i've the same problem in a previous post they suggested me to change and update the roms for the games!

CamiloDiaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Thank you NeoGranzon. I have tried with different romset fba 0.2.97.39, 0.2.97.43, 0.2.97.44 and in all of them appears the same error, so I don't think the problem is in the roms. What I find strange is that there are no other people commenting on this problem.

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you NeoGranzon. I have tried with different romset fba 0.2.97.39, 0.2.97.43, 0.2.97.44 and in all of them appears the same error, so I don't think the problem is in the roms. What I find strange is that there are no other people commenting on this problem.

Sorry @CamiloDiaz ,if read previos post i asked for the same problem you have,the reply and suggestion is the same that i gave you!

Lineacero

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Good companions.
It happens to me that the NES games of this emulator are very very slow for me, does it happen to you?

Games png images disappear in the games menu when you scroll up and down to select a game.

Last edited by Lineacero,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM