Homebrew [Release] Video Channels Creator - Custom CIA videos for everyone!

bumbleyt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, what application has the bottom screen that looks similar to an official Nintendo trailer?

Just wondering, probably still going to end up using this one once the x86 version is back up

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
So, what application has the bottom screen that looks similar to an official Nintendo trailer?

Just wondering, probably still going to end up using this one once the x86 version is back up
Those are called moflex injects. They aren't generated using this tool, but rather by first converting the video to a moflex (which isn't done with this tool and I cannot help you with finding out how to do that) and then using something like videoinject to inject the files into an existing trailer.

It should be obvious btw that both moflex files and injected CIAs are against the rules and as a result you should not link or post them.

Reactions: gnmmarechal

lordkaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

there's a 3d movie viewer app which can play moflex files located on the root of the sd card, you can look for it on the iso sites.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't see a reason to take up space in my 300 title limit for quality loss when moflex gives me good results as it is. I'll stick with moflex until either a native h.263/MP4 player appears, or something similar.

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see a reason to take up space in my 300 title limit for quality loss when moflex gives me good results as it is. I'll stick with moflex until either a native h.263/MP4 player appears, or something similar.
At this point, you can be sure it wont be done.

D

Deleted User

Video Channels Creator v.1.3
by Rinnegatamante

Description
Video Channels Creator is a *64Bit Windows-only (for now) PC program which will make you to create your own CIA videos easily and comfortable.
It supports any video format thanks to ffmpeg decoder and can handle correctly a large amount of videos.
Player is not tested on O3DS, it will probably have lower framerate, but on N3DS it runs pretty good with anime videos and similars (23-27 fps) and probably also with normal videos (30 fps).

How does it work?
Basically, Video Channels Creator will produce an homebrew running lpp-3ds core which will load a video encoded as JPGV video from romfs. This will allows to store the video inside the CIA file and so it allows users to have infinite custom videos on Home Menu.

Video Preview
A little video preview can be found here: http://rinnegatamante.it/custom_cia.mp4

Usage Instructions
1) Download the homebrew and extract it in a folder.
2) Open files folder and place here a video file in whatever format you want.
3) (Optional) Replace icon.png, banner.png and audio.wav with your own files (Wav files must be 3 seconds or less).
4) Start build.bat script and follow screen instructions
5) Profit!

Credits
ihaveamac
for testing the homebrew during creation
Steveice10 for bannertool
Sgt. Lulz for banner and icon used for demo video
Everyone involved in ctrulib creation
Everyone involved in ffmpeg creation
Everyone involved in makerom and ctrtool creation
Everyone involved in 3dstool creation

Tips & Warnings
- Unique_ID allowed range is 0x0 to 0xFFFFFF. (On N3DS i suggest you tu use a max of 5 digits for the unique id)
- Cinema Mode will reduce battery usage (due to screen backlight power-off for bottom screen).
- Cinema Mode will slightly boost framerate (due to bottom screen rendering disabling).
- You found a bug or you have suggestions to improve the tool? Just make a reply to this thread explaining your report!

Download
http://rinnegatamante.it

*Unofficial Versions
Here you can find unofficial versions for other systems (based on v.1.1):
Mac version by olizbu: http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-...ideos-for-everyone.415708/page-7#post-6101330
32 Bit Windows version by Februarysn0w: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/as3sksiov317ybp/AABxhBFfc0FWdpODJNxIiIs1a/VVC_stuff _for_Windowsx86.7z?dl=0
I get an error when trying to load my video. On the HOME Menu I select the icon for the video after installing the CIA, but then a message box pops up:

"You need to update the software before you can play it", but there isn't an update option anyway.

Seediest

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Using an o3DS and when I try to install more than 1 cia video, it just replaces the old video instead of making a new one, any solutions?

reff

Trophies
XP
Country
France
hello everyone,

I took the Rinnegatamante scripts and I created a graphical interface to convert your mp4 to cia.

you can see a demo on youtube :

You need VCC files from Rinnegatamante

If you find any bugs, please send me a message

Edit :
Minor bugs were fixed on January 08, 2018:
- can not use spaces in the video name, replace by "_" (not supported with ds)
- can not use spaces for the author, replace by "_" (not supported with ds)

Attachments

• VCC13.zip
    17.1 KB · Views: 502
Last edited by reff,

cainan__c

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
One issue it's not 4:3 other then that it's fine (Image not vertical for a reason I don't know it took it in the vertical orientation)
image.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work