Homebrew [Release] VirtuaNES for 3DS

lamvuong

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Not sure if anyone is still using this, I am trying to run virtuanes, and getting the hmm... unable to load rom message. I have put the bios as per instuction to /3ds/virtuanes_3ds/bios/disksys.rom any help would be greatly appreciated.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not sure if anyone is still using this, I am trying to run virtuanes, and getting the hmm... unable to load rom message. I have put the bios as per instuction to /3ds/virtuanes_3ds/bios/disksys.rom any help would be greatly appreciated.
What rom? I use this all the time for my nes games.

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably a bad bios or a bad rom. Aslo double check the config is pointing to your bios file(s) if there is one.
I would also check with a different rom or try a different emulator to try and see if the files are the problem

lamvuong

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If that's the case then, not sure what else I can do.

2cf14550b4e4929295b5f7af9bbaa572.jpg

ac85bfbce9f5715f93d2c72c8ea2297e.jpg

Last edited by lamvuong,

MarioKartFan

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
I love this emulator and really appreciate the hard work. But has anyone noticed that the pitch is off in certain games? Easiest one to check is Mike Tyson’s Punch-Out!! When you throw a punch the sound is not even close to the original.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I love this emulator and really appreciate the hard work. But has anyone noticed that the pitch is off in certain games? Easiest one to check is Mike Tyson’s Punch-Out!! When you throw a punch the sound is not even close to the original.
unless you are playing the game on the console itself. please dont except 100% absolute perfection. I know some is a tad bit off. The line sfx in the tengen tetris is somewhat off compared to what it should be. Its still enjoyable to play tho.

PrisonMike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Famicom disk system games dont work for me. I have the BIOS in the right path, and my 3 games, Mario 2 Japan, VS Excitebike, and The Mysterious Murasame Castle are in .fds. What should I do?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Famicom disk system games dont work for me. I have the BIOS in the right path, and my 3 games, Mario 2 Japan, VS Excitebike, and The Mysterious Murasame Castle are in .fds. What should I do?
  • sdmc:/3ds/virtuanes_3ds/bios/disksys.rom
    • (Size: 8.00 KB, CRC32: 5E607DCF)
    • Has to be put in exactly at that directory.
  • sdmc:/3ds/dspfirm.cdc
    • (Size: 48.5 KB, CRC32: F69FEBDE)
    • Dump this file with DSP1.
Try finding and playing this game as a reference.
  • Super Mario Brothers 2 (Japan).fds
    • (Size: 63.9 KB, CRC32: F04CD4CD)
Hash can be check with 7-Zip or WinRAR. For 7-Zip after it's installed, you right mouse click any file → CRC SHA. WinRAR look under the right column CRC32 in an archive.

bliss1761

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hi!
On my 3DS it only loads 1,000 roms, even though I have more than 1,500 on the roms directory.
Is anyone having the same issue?
Thanks!

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
My battletoads & double dragon rom freezes after certain point in the blue rocket level. It's like mid level, a certain particular line of the background (right when a white pole appears on screen) makes everything freeze, no matter what i do.
This also happened to me on my PSP with a different emulator many years ago.
Anyone knows why or how to fix it? i can't let this game be lost in time due to emulation problems

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My battletoads & double dragon rom freezes after certain point in the blue rocket level. It's like mid level, a certain particular line of the background (right when a white pole appears on screen) makes everything freeze, no matter what i do.
Anyone knows why or how to fix it? i can't let this game be lost in time due to emulation problems
if its a mapper or a particular issue. it wont be one that can be easily gotten rid of. If it works on pc. than thats likely where its gonna stay. NES Open has a mapper issue where it hangs on every unofficial emulator except for pc when yoy first open the first holes map. it freezes instantly.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger
D

Deleted User

I don´t know if VirtuaNES gets any support these days.
You could upload a save state here or open a issue on the project´s github page.

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I don´t know if VirtuaNES gets any support these days.
You could upload a save state here or open a issue on the project´s github page.
I could upload the savestate (and the rom). Where are those stored?
when i get that i could also open the issue on github but as far as i've seen it hasn't been touched in a long time

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: wait +1