Hacking [RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

kwall24

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Possible stupid question, but is there any way to change the images for the bootLogoTex (specifically), iconText, or bootTVText of a package that's already been installed on the Wii U, or do I have to recreate the entire package? The bootLogoTex is new and I'm wondering if I can update the ones I've installed already.

I thought I had read that you can do it with FTPiiU, but I had taken the briefest of looks and couldn't figure out how, and I figure I had just misread the post.

Last edited by kwall24,

AzerothArg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I'm up at 1.215ghz now, I think. Thats what my test indicates anyways.

did a bit more designing of how I want to do all this, and I think I'll settle on a design that will include the special cafe2wii version with the wii vc title you want to use for the clock boost, just before you launch that title though you'll have to launch another elf/channel that will add some additional patches to IOSU that allows loading of this particular special cafe2wii version.
also I did not release anything yet because of how dirty it all was, my initial design had the channel id hardcoded in the IOSU patches so for each wii vc you'd need to launch another elf/channel beforehand which has that specific wii vc id which is quite ugly, I did come up with new patches though that will allow any title id to be used with it.

Well then, I think I pushed everything I can, now its just time for people to try it out and maybe for this script to add some new stuff.
Right now all it will do is unlock the wii vc processor speed from the default 729mhz to a full 1.215ghz, possibly in the future more cafe2wii patches could be made though.
Removed instructions

Can I run a wii game at 1.2GHz? I'm thinking in Last Story and its slowdowns..

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
no need for that even, that IOSU patcher still has all the sig patches included required to boot up unsigned channels.
Does it has any restriction for fw 5.5.2? Do I need CBHC? Repacked it three times myself, tried a build from @ploggy and all I get is black screen... He can boot it just fine.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it has any restriction for fw 5.5.2? Do I need CBHC? Repacked it three times myself, tried a build from @ploggy and all I get is black screen... He can boot it just fine.

Yeah, I don't know how to boot HBL since I installed it as a channel, unless I changed the Haxchi config to load HBL that way, only way I can think of.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well I guess that there's no way to load the HBL as a channel it seems, esp. if we can't use Haxchi.
you can use haxchi, cbhc, even just browserhax, it really doesnt matter. its a simple elf that'll just add some patches to IOSU so it couldnt matter less from where you boot it.

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
Well I guess that there's no way to load the HBL as a channel it seems, esp. if we can't use Haxchi.
Yeah, I don't know how to boot HBL since I installed it as a channel, unless I changed the Haxchi config to load HBL that way, only way I can think of.
Change config. Have it set as default=sysnand and a=hbl then enable quick boot so it can be done from cold start. It's like cbhc then.

Reactions: peteruk

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can use haxchi, cbhc, even just browserhax, it really doesnt matter. its a simple elf that'll just add some patches to IOSU so it couldnt matter less from where you boot it.

I wasn't sure, okay, this clears up confusion, now, to figure out how this works on my end. Hope I don't screw it up.

seems to be hovering between 94-97 :(

Damn... -_-

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
seems to be hovering between 94-97 :(
then nope its regular wii speed, to get overclocked remenber you need to run the sigpatcher as a channel for isntance if you have cbhc when autobooting press home and choose hbl and then load sigpatcher straight off and then launch your wiivc

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
then nope its regular wii speed, to get overclocked remenber you need to run the sigpatcher as a channel for isntance if you have cbhc when autobooting press home and choose hbl and then load sigpatcher straight off and then launch your wiivc
What I'm doing is (Im using CBHC btw)
boot WiiU to system menu
boot HBL
boot patcher elf
exit to system menu
load patched emulator channel

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
sounds like you didnt include the patched c2p.img renamed to c2w.img then but took the unpatched one to create that wii vc channel. please read the instructions carefully.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbSORc_3_Yw