Hacking [RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Sorry to waste a bit of your time guys, but could someone link me the forwarder channel and .dol of WiiSXR?
I can't find it and I would like to test my own PSX dumps I made yesterday.
(We can play with the gamepad right?)

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
@Cyan Any ideas for booting vWii Channels from a Wii VC Inject title? I saw you mentioned earlier using hbl2hbc as a kind of backbone, it would be neat if there was some implementation that would allow GamePad classic controller use.

Basically what I'm looking to accomplish is instead of injecting N64 roms into the Wii U N64 Virtual Console, I'd rather inject my compatible games into the vWii Virtual Console because it has WAY less input latency. It would be cool if I could boot those from the Wii U menu with GamePad controls, but I can't really find a DOL that would boot a Wii channel. (Basically the opposite of a forwarder channel?)

(Even for games officially released on the eShop and Wii Shop Channel I'll still be re-injecting lots of roms that I've patched for widescreen haha)
It's possible boot a vWii VC/WiiWare from Wii U menu with HBL2HBC, you just need a forwarder that points to HBL2HBC then edit the config file to it looks for your VC channel ID rather than "LULZ" ID. Of course that doesn't enable gamepad controls sadly, couldn't figure out myself a way to boot WiiWares from Wii VC injects.

A Plus Ric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well then, I think I pushed everything I can, now its just time for people to try it out and maybe for this script to add some new stuff.
Right now all it will do is unlock the wii vc processor speed from the default 729mhz to a full 1.215ghz, possibly in the future more cafe2wii patches could be made though.
First, you will need a new version of nuspacker to allow packing with cafe2wii files:
https://github.com/FIX94/nuspacker/blob/master/NUSPacker.jar
Just replace the old one and thats all. Then, you will have to download OSv0 (0005001010004000) as well as OSv1 (0005001010004001) with something like JNUSTool.
Take the content from the OSv0 code folder (except its c2w.img) and put it into your destination code folder for a wii vc title. Then in the OSv1 code folder, put this:
https://github.com/FIX94/c2w_patcher/releases
Make sure to edit its starbuck_key.txt to the actual "wiiu starbuck ancast key". Then you should just have to run it, it'll output a c2p.img, put that into your destination code folder as c2w.img together with the boot.bin and dmcu.d.hex.
After that, you can pack the title and install it.
Now after you have it installed, you cant just go ahead and use it, that'll just boot the normal cafe2wii without it unlocked. For this, I wrote a special IOSU patcher:
https://github.com/FIX94/sign_c2w_patcher/releases
All you have to do before launching the wii vc title is start this from the homebrew launcher, then the wii vc title you boot will be at the unlocked 1.215ghz.
To see this added speed in action, you can go launch something demanding like Not64 and WiiSX, though for the moment the probably most boring thing is this wii test app:
https://mega.nz/#!c9JAlY6a!jcFK-BefgJ808yTy4m5aepH-Q6rSunkJBKLLA-ktGfI
It will by default it will print you a clock of about 243mhz and a thread callback of about 95 times, if you have the extra speed it will sit at about 160 times though.

So rename the c2p.img to c2w.img?

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry to waste a bit of your time guys, but could someone link me the forwarder channel and .dol of WiiSXR?
I can't find it and I would like to test my own PSX dumps I made yesterday.
(We can play with the gamepad right?)

Here is the forwarder to use (to be converted and installed):
https://mega.nz/#!M74iCJoD!_yRob8hgMG2CYLDVLAz3H1XYTBHIGhk9TR7Eb2GQvjk

and here is the boot.dol to be put in SD card:
https://mega.nz/#!JspDWBQB!T9JHiW2iBOr2tSJbA3xu1ogJ4ngf9Z3mZcyybHjwaEA

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Here is the forwarder to use (to be converted and installed):
https://mega.nz/#!M74iCJoD!_yRob8hgMG2CYLDVLAz3H1XYTBHIGhk9TR7Eb2GQvjk

and here is the boot.dol to be put in SD card:
https://mega.nz/#!JspDWBQB!T9JHiW2iBOr2tSJbA3xu1ogJ4ngf9Z3mZcyybHjwaEA
Thank you very much!
Does the forwarder look up for SD:\apps\WiiSXR? or it has to be named differently (Wiisxr/wiisx-r/wiisxr)?
Edit: Nevermind, I downloaded the old WiiSXR version from github and I guess it's the same folder structure

Last edited by AxlSt00pid,
Reactions: depaul

A Plus Ric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much!
Does the forwarder look up for SD:\apps\WiiSXR? or it has to be named differently (Wiisxr/wiisx-r/wiisxr)?
wiisxr

but you also need a wiisxr folder on the root of the sd that has a isos folder for games, and a bios folder for the bios, and a saves folder for saves.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
In theory this should work with the script if i place all the files in the jnustools games code folder and had put the updated nuspacker in there? Just curious and last question before i go the long route try the fast route? lol
I would assume so yea, you just have to get all those patched cafe2wii files in there once and you're good.

Reactions: A Plus Ric

A Plus Ric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can always just launch the title without launching the IOSU patcher before, then it'll use the original cafe2wii.
Twisted metal did seem to play way better. So now just to test the start of SOTN to see as that one was kinda slow at the start. But yeah seems to be nice.

EDIT: YES it plays a lot better and can notice the speed! Thanks @FIX94 ! Awesome work!

Last edited by A Plus Ric,
Reactions: Kamui-ce

Robertuxo

Trophies
XP
Country
When we can play to gamecube games injected in wiiu menu with gamecube controller adapter and select the number of controller? thanks

wiictor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
When we can play to gamecube games injected in wiiu menu with gamecube controller adapter and select the number of controller? thanks

Yes, you can use the adapter normally. But if you want to play with the Gamecube control in player 1, the option to play through the Gamepad can not be activated. You can only choose the player 1 control if you activate the game by the Wiimote option.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Cyan Any ideas for booting vWii Channels from a Wii VC Inject title? I saw you mentioned earlier using hbl2hbc as a kind of backbone, it would be neat if there was some implementation that would allow GamePad classic controller use.

Basically what I'm looking to accomplish is instead of injecting N64 roms into the Wii U N64 Virtual Console, I'd rather inject my compatible games into the vWii Virtual Console because it has WAY less input latency. It would be cool if I could boot those from the Wii U menu with GamePad controls, but I can't really find a DOL that would boot a Wii channel. (Basically the opposite of a forwarder channel?)

(Even for games officially released on the eShop and Wii Shop Channel I'll still be re-injecting lots of roms that I've patched for widescreen haha)
Ah, I think I understand what you mean.
A channel booter homebrew (not a channel forwarder, but a dol loader), injected in the WiiVC.
It would boot the channel's dol installed on vWii, but without reloading the ios? it would require installing the channels on Vwii (limited size, not very good solution) but as it fakes the IOS reloads then maybe the IOS255 stays in memory with the gamepad support. not sure if IOS255 is working fine with channels.

I don't know what's possible or not yet, I didn't code for the wii for a long time (almost 2 years), I would need to get back and re-learn few things.

USBLoaderGX (and probably wiiflow) has a channel booter, it loads the .app (dol) check the needed info to boot it and load it to memory.
it doesn't use the "launch_title(TitleID)" command
sources/Channels/channels.c line286

Last edited by Cyan,

Robertuxo

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, you can use the adapter normally. But if you want to play with the Gamecube control in player 1, the option to play through the Gamepad can not be activated. You can only choose the player 1 control if you activate the game by the Wiimote option.

How I choose the number of each controller?

For example 2 gamecube controllers and 2 wiiu pro controllers

wiictor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
How I choose the number of each controller?

For example 2 gamecube controllers and 2 wiiu pro controllers

Just press any button on the Pro Controller so it will automatically set which player it will be. For example, if it sets both Pro Controllers as player 1 and 2, just put the Gamecube controls on ports 3 and 4 of the adapter. Manually I do not know how to do this because I have always used it to make it automatic that it will always set up for player 1 if there is no other control occupying that slot.

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I think I understand what you mean.
A channel booter homebrew (not a channel forwarder, but a dol loader), injected in the WiiVC.
It would boot the channel's dol installed on vWii, but without reloading the ios? it would require installing the channels on Vwii (limited size, not very good solution) but as it fakes the IOS reloads then maybe the IOS255 stays in memory with the gamepad support. not sure if IOS255 is working fine with channels.

I don't know what's possible or not yet, I didn't code for the wii for a long time (almost 2 years), I would need to get back and re-learn few things.

USBLoaderGX (and probably wiiflow) has a channel booter, it loads the .app (dol) check the needed info to boot it and load it to memory.
it doesn't use the "launch_title(TitleID)" command
sources/Channels/channels.c line286
Hmmmmmm, I'll try yanking out the channel's dol and installing that, and see if that even works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/4M3E1Lz6l9E?si=fSYNJxYTa0czXVow