Hacking [RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Im unable to softmod the vwii since i dont have a wiimote so im stuck with trying to get these injects to work i dont know why it keeps.corrupting my save files

Invest in a Wiimote, Nunchuck and a sensor bar if you haven't got one, or just use the built in sensor bar on the GamePad, I'm sure you can pick them up for less than $15 in your area?

Without having to read 285 pages in this thread, there are a few members here, mostly USA region WiiU consoles, that just don't like GC or Wii injects, it just randomly works. In your case you might fall into this category with no resolution, just temp work around.

Are you coldboot Haxchi using Mocha CFW? How are you booting into Mocha CFW?

I suggest you go and search and try Haxchi's CFW to see if that helps, for those that didn't install coldboot Haxchi, this is what most are using.

Venom2284

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Invest in a Wiimote, Nunchuck and a sensor bar if you haven't got one, or just use the built in sensor bar on the GamePad, I'm sure you can pick them up for less than $15 in your area?

Without having to read 285 pages in this thread, there are a few members here, mostly USA region WiiU consoles, that just don't like GC or Wii injects, it just randomly works. In your case you might fall into this category with no resolution, just temp work around.

Are you coldboot Haxchi using Mocha CFW? How are you booting into Mocha CFW?

I suggest you go and search and try Haxchi's CFW to see if that helps, for those that didn't install coldboot Haxchi, this is what most are using.

Its alright i found a work around it sucks but it works i just made a wii64 forwarder with the injector tool then i run it with mocha cfw then after it goes back to the system menu i go run mocha again then i go into a gc injecy it runs everytime i do that

Reactions: xs4all

alainvey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is anyone able to help with the issue I and another user reported a couple of pages ago?

The program will simply no longer boot on Windows 10. I used it for a couple of days, but it has not loaded since I aborted an injection in progress, and had to use task manager to force quit. Now when I double click on the executable the cursor will animate to indicate it is doing something, but nothing happens beyond that. Have tried running as administrator, rebooting PC, deleting and redownloading the program.

I cannot inject anything at the moment, since I have many NTSC-U games, but USBhelper will not let you download out of region stuff, and throws up an error whenever try to create something after I set my region to USA (I am EUR).

Thanks very much for any help.

andrewtjb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone else having issues atm. Ive used this injector before but can’t seem to get it to work now after I press build is says "(One-Time Download) Downloading base files from Nintendo... (deint.txt)" doesn’t seem to be progressing past this have to force close to get out of it.

andrewtjb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Solved it.

For anyone else having the same issue its seems for some reason that JUSTool.exe gets stuck after downloading each file. I had to go into task manager and end it after every file it downloaded you can tell when its stuck by looking at the CPU usage.

I only had to do this once as all the files are now downloaded so it builds straight away without any issues.

HunterNate99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At long last, I have completed re-writing the WiiVC Injector from the ground up. Far more features than the previous "script".

Download:
TeconMoon's WiiVC Injector [v3.0.1] - STILL CONSIDERED AN ALPHA RELEASE UNTIL MORE BUGS ARE WORKED THROUGH
View attachment 104835

Requirements:

• Windows 7/8.1/10
  • At least .NET Framework v4.6.1 (Windows 8 & 10 also need the .NET Framework 3.5 feature enabled)
Supported Injection Types:
  • Wii Retail Game Injection (ISO / WBFS)
  • Wii Homebrew Injection (DOL)
  • GameCube Retail Game Injection (ISO / GCM) - Multidisc games supported
  • vWii NAND Title Launcher (Specify Title ID of installed WAD you want to boot)
Features:
  • Full-featured-GUI with real file selection, no more having to place specifically named files in folders
  • Download Icons and Banners for your game directly from a repository run by @cucholix (Or provide your own)
  • Custom GamePad Banner and Logo support
  • Preview boxes for all Icons, Banners & Logos
  • Custom Boot Sound support (with looping)
  • Multi-Line Game Title support (how it displays on your Wii U Menu)
  • Wii U Title IDs generated based off your game's internal Title ID, NOT randomly generated. Generated Title IDs will never overwrite a legitimate retail title.
  • GamePad Emulation modes (Extra modes only applicable for Wii Retail / vWii NAND Launcher Titles)
    • No GamePad Emulation, Wii Remotes only
    • Classic Controller Emulation
    • Vertical Wii Remote Emulation
    • Horizontal Wii Remote Emulation
    • Force Classic Controller Connected (Wii games will be auto-patched to support this feature, your vWii WADs still need to be patched before being installed to vWii)
    • Force No Classic Controller (Very limited use cases)
    • Swap L & R with ZL & ZR
  • Nintendont SD Card Management Menu
    • Download latest Nintendont revision from GitHub
    • Generate Nintendont Config file
Advanced Options: (NOT RECOMMENDED UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING)
  • Nintendont Options
    • Force 4:3 for GameCube games (Disables "Force Widescreen" and "WiiU Widescreen" options even if they are specified in your config file)
    • Specify a custom Nintendont Forwarder (If you compile a custom main.dol from source)
    • Disable Autoboot (Nintendont menu shows instead of autobooting game)
  • Wii Homebrew Patches
    • Disable Wii Remote Passthrough in GamePad Mode
    • Don't use GamePad as controller (Won't prompt for usage, also applicable for GameCube titles)
    • Enable cafe2wii patching (WII U STARBUCK ANCAST KEY REQUIRED, USAGE NOT RECOMMENDED)
  • Wii Retail Injection Patches
    • Don't trim game output (Game won't be repacked with WIT, useful for games that are problematic when trimmed)
    • Patch video mode using Wii-VMC (Useful for PAL-exclusive games that don't support NTSC video modes or vice-versa)
  • vWii NAND Title Launcher Patches
    • Force 4:3 for WiiWare that doesn't support widescreen (like Virtual Console titles)
Other Perks:
  • Once keys are specified, they are saved to registry so you don't have to re-specify the keys every time a new version is released (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\WiiVCInjector)
  • Once base files are downloaded with JNUSTool, they are saved to ProgramData so it doesn't have to be re-downloaded every time a new version is released (C:\ProgramData\JNUSToolDownloads)
Noob protection:
  • Wii / GameCube header checks
  • On-the-fly image conversion for a variety of types
  • Audio File header checks
  • Conditional flags for title builds
  • Non-applicable options are disabled

Credits:
C2W Patcher v1.2: @FIX94
GetExtType Patcher v1.1: FIX94
JNUSTool v0.3b: @Maschell
NFS2ISO2NFS v0.5.6: @sabykos, @piratesephiroth, *FIX94, and many more
Nintendont Autoboot Forwarder v1.2: FIX94 & *TeconMoon
NUSPacker v0.5: @timogus, @ihaveamac & *FIX94
PNG to TGA v2.6: Easy2Convert Software
SoX v14.4.2: cbagwell, robs, & uklauer
wav2btsnd v0.1: timogus & *@Zarklord
wbfs_file v2.9: @oggzee & @kwiirk
Wii Homebrew ISO Base: Albert Herranz, The GameCube Linux Team, @marcan, @bushing, FIX94 & @ploggy
Wiimms ISO Tools v3.00a: Wiimms
Wii Video Mode Changer v2.2: Waninkoko
WiiVC Channel Booter v1.1: FIX94

* = Using version compiled by specific user
This was so much easier! Great job. ^_^
What does disabling wii remote passthrough in gamepad mode mean? Does it Mean like when you can can't connect a wii remote when in gamepad mode?

Special-T

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've used the vWii NAND Title launcher successfully for wiiware games like megaman 9, however I ran out of space on the vWii NAND & had to transfer some games to my SD. Unfortunately those games no longer work and generate an error message (see attached image) when I click on the channel I installed on the WiiU menu.

I'm new to the WiiU hacking scene so I may be wrong but, when I hacked my vWii I installed the Modified IOS 236 which I think may be causing the issue. I read in one of the threads here that if I install IOS80, it would allow me to launch wiiware games from my SD card.

1. Can anyone confirm if installing IOS80 will solve my problem?
2. Can anyone point me to a recent / reliable tutorial on how to install IOS80 on my vWii?

Info that may help answer my question:
  • Game Storage: All my games are stored on an external hard drive with it's own power supply. I only have one hard drive for all my games
  • My WiiU Firmware: 5.5.3
  • WiiU Custom Firmware: HaxChi (not CBHC / I have to click on the HaxChi icon every time I want to enter custom firmware)
  • vWii Hack Method: Wuphax
  • vWii cIOS files installed: 249, 250, 251, & Modified IOS 236
  • vWii cIOS custom code: d2x-v10-beta52-vWii

Attachments

• 20181008_2322232.jpg
    20181008_2322232.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 228

morpheous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello fellas,

How are you gentlemen or ladies doing?

I'm running wiiSXR-beta2.3 via my vwii on my wii u. I've thrown about 3 different vwii wad forwarders at this emulator and for the life of me, can't get it to boot with any of the 3 wad forwarders from my vwii's menu. The emu launches fine via the home brew channel, so the issue isn't with the emulator itself.

Could a kind soul, upload their working version of wiiSXR-beta2.3 with a working Forwarder wad for their vwii's menu?

I hope someone could help...

Carnage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I've used the vWii NAND Title launcher successfully for wiiware games like megaman 9, however I ran out of space on the vWii NAND & had to transfer some games to my SD. Unfortunately those games no longer work and generate an error message (see attached image) when I click on the channel I installed on the WiiU menu.

I'm new to the WiiU hacking scene so I may be wrong but, when I hacked my vWii I installed the Modified IOS 236 which I think may be causing the issue. I read in one of the threads here that if I install IOS80, it would allow me to launch wiiware games from my SD card.

1. Can anyone confirm if installing IOS80 will solve my problem?
2. Can anyone point me to a recent / reliable tutorial on how to install IOS80 on my vWii?

Info that may help answer my question:
  • Game Storage: All my games are stored on an external hard drive with it's own power supply. I only have one hard drive for all my games
  • My WiiU Firmware: 5.5.3
  • WiiU Custom Firmware: HaxChi (not CBHC / I have to click on the HaxChi icon every time I want to enter custom firmware)
  • vWii Hack Method: Wuphax
  • vWii cIOS files installed: 249, 250, 251, & Modified IOS 236
  • vWii cIOS custom code: d2x-v10-beta52-vWii
I had the same problem, damn the vwii NAND is so small. I downloaded and run Patched IOS80 Installer for vWi, Now I can ran the Channels that I move to the SD from vWii . HOWEVER I cannot run the Injected Channel, it just crash.
Got no idea how to make a forward channel for the channel from the NAND to the SD (If that's even posible?) in order to make the injection work of if that is there any other work around.

Abricot

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Hello all
Noob question: Can I use a PS4 controller via USB with a GC game injected using this method? I need it for the analog triggers to play Mario Sunshine. Thanks

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Is there any way to inject a Wii game in 4:3 aspect ratio? I don't see the option to do so, anywhere.

Good questions, I may be wrong, but I have never come across any options to force Wii injects to 4:3 ratio, but wouldn't it be a better idea to change the aspect ratio on the WiiU console instead?
Goto the System Seettings => TV, TV Resolution must be set to 480p to enable the 4:3 aspect ratio, if you set to anything higher than 480p, then the aspect ratio is greyed out and its defaulted to 16:9.

Once done, just set your TV to 4:3 aspect ratio, all modern TV's have this option.

Just curious, any reason why you want this?

Reactions: mitch200584

alucard77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just watched the below video:

So it would seem pretty cool to do this. Especially having the WiiU and Wii / Gamecube games all on one hard drive. Having said that, I have some questions which I am hoping some one can help with:

1- In this video he has to go into Hackchi at every game launch. Has there been updates to not have to do this?
2- I see you can patch each game to map the support of the classic controller or the Wiimote to the Game pad. If you do that, can you still use the wiimotes?
- If not, is there something I can use to switch back and forth? Ideally, I would love to be able to play the games either way.

mitch200584

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good questions, I may be wrong, but I have never come across any options to force Wii injects to 4:3 ratio, but wouldn't it be a better idea to change the aspect ratio on the WiiU console instead?
Goto the System Seettings => TV, TV Resolution must be set to 480p to enable the 4:3 aspect ratio, if you set to anything higher than 480p, then the aspect ratio is greyed out and its defaulted to 16:9.

Once done, just set your TV to 4:3 aspect ratio, all modern TV's have this option.

Just curious, any reason why you want this?

No, because that would be pretty tedious. Especially if I want to play Wii U games within the same session. I just think Wii games look a lot crisper in the 4:3 ratio. They tend to look kinda blurry when in 16:9. Running Wii games on USBLoader (vWii) & turning "WiiU Widescreen" On/Off pretty much does this, but I'd rather have everything on one External Hard drive.. which is why I'd like the option to force 4:3 on Wii Injects. Nintendon't gives us the option, so why not this? Ya know?

portugeek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone figured out how to patch N64 VC wads?

When I try to run N64 VC games using the "vWii Nand Title Launcher" method, the game boots up, but I can't get passed the "connect Classic Controller" screen.

I've selected the option to make the GamePad emulate the classic controller, and still no go. The Injector menu notes that the VC wad may need to be patched prior to installing to vWii Nand. Has anyone figured out how to patch the wads yet?

Last edited by portugeek,

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
No, because that would be pretty tedious. Especially if I want to play Wii U games within the same session. I just think Wii games look a lot crisper in the 4:3 ratio. They tend to look kinda blurry when in 16:9. Running Wii games on USBLoader (vWii) & turning "WiiU Widescreen" On/Off pretty much does this, but I'd rather have everything on one External Hard drive.. which is why I'd like the option to force 4:3 on Wii Injects. Nintendon't gives us the option, so why not this? Ya know?

Yes, the method I mentioned is not ideal for your scenario but for now that is the only way that I know of to achieve what you want. Since the Wii VC injects was possible, I try to keep myself up to date with all the info trickling through, besides you, I don't think I have ever come across anyonthing requesting to have Wii games in 4:3 aspect ratio :) Since the GC games allows you to do this, but don't forget Nintendont is a front end to load GC games so it has this ability, but as for Wii games, there isn't any font end to tell it what to do, so it guess it would come down to a patch of some sort to force Wii games to 4:3.

Has anyone figured out how to patch N64 VC wads?

When I try to run N64 VC games using the "vWii Nand Title Launcher" method, the game boots up, but I can't get passed the "connect Classic Controller" screen.

I've selected the option to make the GamePad emulate the classic controller, and still no go. The Injector menu notes that the VC wad may need to be patched prior to installing to vWii Nand. Has anyone figured out how to patch the wads yet?

What you need is FIX94's GetExtTypePatcher app HERE. There is not much info on how to use it from the GitHub page, but do a search for "GetExtTypePatcher" within this thread only and you will see a FIX94's replies regarding this app and from others as well and there even be some info on how to use it.

Reactions: portugeek

portugeek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for N64 VC, you have to use -instantcc in nfs2iso2nfs to make them detect the classic controller emu, on top of that super mario 64 is one of the early SDK titles so you also have to unpack its wad with something like wii.cs tools, then drag and drop its 00000001.app into GetExtTypePatcher, then repack it with wii.cs tools with trucha sign tik and tmd enabled, install that and THEN it should work properly.

Would you mind elaborating on how to use nfs2iso2nfs with wii vc .wad files?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1