Hacking [RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

OldManWolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been checking all over the site for this issue but nowhere seems to have a conclusive fix and I've tried just about everything but I'm getting the pathing issue a lot of people have reported in the past, the one about not being able to find the folder path and then not being able to find tmd.bin file and I'm wondering if this has a fix or what.

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've been checking all over the site for this issue but nowhere seems to have a conclusive fix and I've tried just about everything but I'm getting the pathing issue a lot of people have reported in the past, the one about not being able to find the folder path and then not being able to find tmd.bin file and I'm wondering if this has a fix or what.

What system are you trying to inject? Wii or GC? If Wii, is the file in iso or wbfs?

Also, where did do you have the injector program stored? can you copy and paste the full path?

There are some instances where the folder path can be an issue, specially if your username has special characters in it.

OldManWolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What system are you trying to inject? Wii or GC? If Wii, is the file in iso or wbfs?

Also, where did do you have the injector program stored? can you copy and paste the full path?

There are some instances where the folder path can be an issue, specially if your username has special characters in it.
I can't get to the path right now, but if it needs to be in a particular folder path, I have the program stored in my downloads.

As for the systems I'm trying to inject, I've tried both iso and wbfs with the Wii and I've also attempted to use the injector for GC titles.

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I can't get to the path right now, but if it needs to be in a particular folder path, I have the program stored in my downloads.

As for the systems I'm trying to inject, I've tried both iso and wbfs with the Wii and I've also attempted to use the injector for GC titles.

The program doesn't need to be in any specific folder, however, in saying that, I do remember that some users who had this issue, folder names was one of these issues, example:

You say you have the program in your Downloads folder, so it would look something like below:

C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\Injector

Of course the folder "Owner" above will be different to yours, it will be whatever you set it to when you created your profile login. Now, lets say you have a special character for the user name, like "Pokémon" for example, see below:

C:\Users\Pokémon\Downloads\Injector

I have seen some cases where the injector program didn't like the "é" character, a possible quick fix in this scenario would be to create a new user dummy account on the PC and assign it with Administrator rights, and name it something short with no special characters or spaces. Login to this new dummy account and try the injector program again. Also try to limit the folder name with no spaces where you have your injector program.

Above is one possible fix for your issue, even if you don't have any special characters in your username, I suggest try creating a dummy account anyway and try to inject using that account. If this fails, then it could be .Net framework related issue.

Reactions: OldManWolf

OldManWolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The program doesn't need to be in any specific folder, however, in saying that, I do remember that some users who had this issue, folder names was one of these issues, example:

You say you have the program in your Downloads folder, so it would look something like below:

C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\Injector

Of course the folder "Owner" above will be different to yours, it will be whatever you set it to when you created your profile login. Now, lets say you have a special character for the user name, like "Pokémon" for example, see below:

C:\Users\Pokémon\Downloads\Injector

I have seen some cases where the injector program didn't like the "é" character, a possible quick fix in this scenario would be to create a new user dummy account on the PC and assign it with Administrator rights, and name it something short with no special characters or spaces. Login to this new dummy account and try the injector program again. Also try to limit the folder name with no spaces where you have your injector program.

Above is one possible fix for your issue, even if you don't have any special characters in your username, I suggest try creating a dummy account anyway and try to inject using that account. If this fails, then it could be .Net framework related issue.
Yeah, so my main account has a space in it and I have never had a problem before. Absolutely wild that it couldn't build tmd.bin because of the space. Thanks for the help.

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah, so my main account has a space in it and I have never had a problem before. Absolutely wild that it couldn't build tmd.bin because of the space. Thanks for the help.

So, just for those playing at home who have similar issue as yours, so your account name had a space and you were having problems, so you created a new account with no spaces and this fixed your issue?

OldManWolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, just for those playing at home who have similar issue as yours, so your account name had a space and you were having problems, so you created a new account with no spaces and this fixed your issue?
Yes. I didn't think a space would be a special character but to test it I made a new account and that new account only had one word with no special characters or spaces and the injector worked. I suppose if it was easy to just change the user folder name, that might work too. However, the injector never worked with Mario Kart Wii, I think it has something to do with preventing bricking. A WAD maker I downloaded previously had mentioned something about that when I tried with Mario Kart Wii.

Last edited by OldManWolf,

brass78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Injecting USB Loader GX v3.0 r1281 hard locks the console after the gamepad Wii logo (need to disconnect power cord). Possible to fix this? The loader works normally when run from the vWii HBC. Injecting other homebrew e.g. Nintendont also works.

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've tried to make a FORWADER for WIIU menu for Loadiine_Gx2.....Well it didn't work, I followed that tutorial:

Nothing to do...I have a blackscreen all the Time.....I know it possible to make one, well known user MIKA gaved me one, it's working fine, the problem is: The images/banner are bad so trying to make a good one, Could someone tell me how I can make a good channel for Loadiiine or give me link to one that works perfectly fine with latest version of loadiine? Thanks! Would be interest also with a retroarch channel that also "perfectly" works with presence of 50_hbl_installer.rpx.....Same, I have a working one but with Wrong Title/Banner/Icon ......

Last edited by mrmagicm,

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've tried to make a FORWADER for WIIU menu for Loadiine_Gx2.....Well it didn't work, I followed that tutorial:

Nothing to do...I have a blackscreen all the Time.....I know it possible to make one, well known user MIKA gaved me one, it's working fine, the problem is: The image are BAD, title of the channel is bad, and the banner is also BAD ;(
Could someone tell me how I can make a good channel for Loadiiine or give me link to one that works perfectly fine with latest version of loadiine? Thanks! Would be interest also with a retroarch channel that also "perfectly" works with presence of 50_hbl_installer.rpx.....Same, I have a working one but with Wrong Title/Banner/Icon ......

Rule #1, never follow some random guides on YouTube.

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

goravv

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey, I read dozens of replies here and couldn't find the fix. Just tried to build a WiiVC game and got this error:

1694007407877.png

Any ideas? I'm using the latest build
Post automatically merged:

Hey, total GitHub noob here, how do I install the app? I don't see a executable .exe file anywhere. I'm not a development, just someone who wants to use the WiiVC Injector. Thanks!
I had to download Microsoft Visual Studio to open the .sln file. Totally GitHub noob here too

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey, I read dozens of replies here and couldn't find the fix. Just tried to build a WiiVC game and got this error:

View attachment 392289

Any ideas? I'm using the latest build

Looking at the error message, looks like the Wii ISO your using is in nkit.iso format, you need to convert it back to FULL ISO, this program can't read nkit.iso format. Google is your friend on how to convert it back to ISO.

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Injection of games are DAMN easy!!! But making forwarders.....It's on a higher level!!! I'm beginning to think it sometime work and sometime don't......

Bru_Blue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i haven't done a wii U before and found this.
besides jail breaking wii U does the Virtual Wii need jailbroken before doing this?

leejaclane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i haven't done a wii U before and found this.
besides jail breaking wii U does the Virtual Wii need jailbroken before doing this?
With injections, the answer is no, you don't need to install any cIOS or the Homebrew Channel to vWii in order to inject Wii or GameCube games on the Wii U menu.

However, you will need to have Nintendont in the apps folder on the SD card if you're injecting GameCube games, because Nintendont isn't injected alongside them. That's the apps folder at the root, not the same apps folder as Wii U apps are located. I think you also need to have a Nintendont configuration file, which I believe this injector allows you to create -- I haven't used it in awhile though so I can't say for certain.

Reactions: Bru_Blue

Bru_Blue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thak
With injections, the answer is no, you don't need to install any cIOS or the Homebrew Channel to vWii in order to inject Wii or GameCube games on the Wii U menu.

However, you will need to have Nintendont in the apps folder on the SD card if you're injecting GameCube games, because Nintendont isn't injected alongside them. That's the apps folder at the root, not the same apps folder as Wii U apps are located. I think you also need to have a Nintendont configuration file, which I believe this injector allows you to create -- I haven't used it in awhile though so I can't say for certain.
Thank you its hard to find some of this stuff years later!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did he grope you as well