Hacking [RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

hbt15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Get a hold of me when you get up, we will figure it out, i saw some people had the same problem and it was solved by booting it from homebrew the first time.
Hi again!

I put the nintendont folder in my wii>apps folder with all my other home-brew apps but it doesn't show in homebrew channel like all the rest. Must be something specific to my console that I've inadvertently done when so many others are all have success.

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi again!

I put the nintendont folder in my wii>apps folder with all my other home-brew apps but it doesn't show in homebrew channel like all the rest. Must be something specific to my console that I've inadvertently done when so many others are all have success.
It goes into sd:/apps not sd:/wiiu/apps make sure this isn't what is happening.

hbt15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I just installed a bunch of gamecube games today and have the exact same problem. I stumbled upon a temporary solution. I noticed that after turning on your console (i use cbhc), if i go into the vWii menu, then immediately back to the Wii U menu, then all of my injected gamecube games work perfectly. If I do not boot into vWii first, then I get the same result (splash screen then black and I have to pull the plug to reboot). Hope someone finds a better solution soon but its an ok workaround for now.
Hmm. I just loaded into the wii menu then back to the wiiu menu strait after and my console does a full reboot by looks of things and as such it made no difference. Bummer.

hbt15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It goes into sd:/apps not sd:/wiiu/apps make sure this isn't what is happening.
Yeah that's where it's always been in the apps folder not the wii folder. Was only as a last resort I moved it to wii>apps just in case. Didn't make a difference either way.

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that's where it's always been in the apps folder not the wii folder. Was only as a last resort I moved it to wii>apps just in case. Didn't make a difference either way.
I'm thinking this is totally a sd card issue, do you by chance have a separate sd to test with?

hbt15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
what kind of sd card do you have?
Sandisk ultra 64gb microsd which is in the SD adaptor it came with. Have loaded and installed dozens of U games from it over the last few months never skipped a beat.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm thinking this is totally a sd card issue, do you by chance have a separate sd to test with?
Only have MicroSD's with adaptors. They haven't caused problems before though? Weird right?

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sandisk ultra 64gb microsd which is in the SD adaptor it came with. Have loaded and installed dozens of U games from it over the last few months never skipped a beat.
wii is more finicky when it comes to sd's, have you run a disc check on your sd, also like i said above, if you have a different non-micro sd try it.

Last edited by wicksand420,

kevinbrew

Trophies
XP
Country
try classic controller see if it fixes them, they are remakes of snes games so i would imagine they support cc
no classic controller didnt work. i think its just specific to these to game as they both are REBIRTH games. nevermind thanks for your help

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no classic controller didnt work. i think its just specific to these to game as they both are REBIRTH games. nevermind thanks for your help
I'll check it out too and let you know if i find a way to fix it.

Only have MicroSD's with adaptors. They haven't caused problems before though? Weird right?
Wii is a different thing, i haven't had much luck with micro sd on wii, i had the same sd you have, 64gb sandisc ultra, and when i started messing with the wii side, nothing worked, i changed my sd and it all works now, if you can find a non micro sandisc card that would probably fix your problem.

hbt15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
wii is more finicky when it comes to sd's, have you run a disc check on your sd, also like i said above, if you have a different non-micro sd try it.
OK, as luck would have it I had my work bag home and dug out an old SD (proper full size sd) and also had another microsd. I put all files on both and still no luck.

I did however notice during the peace and quiet that my external hd seems to 'turn off' briefly between leaving the wiiu menu and whatever else it is trying to do. This perhaps is the issue? It is a mains powered drive so it just have some sort of auto sensing that causes it to power off when the wii briefly changes between U and vwii? All just a guess on my part. I did test a wiiu game though which also loads off this same drive and it doesn't stop the drive before loading.

No idea if that's the cause. Not sure how to test it otherwise?

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, as luck would have it I had my work bag home and dug out an old SD (proper full size sd) and also had another microsd. I put all files on both and still no luck.

I did however notice during the peace and quiet that my external hd seems to 'turn off' briefly between leaving the wiiu menu and whatever else it is trying to do. This perhaps is the issue? It is a mains powered drive so it just have some sort of auto sensing that causes it to power off when the wii briefly changes between U and vwii? All just a guess on my part. I did test a wiiu game though which also loads off this same drive and it doesn't stop the drive before loading.

No idea if that's the cause. Not sure how to test it otherwise?
Are your sd cards formatted to FAT32 with 32kb clusters?

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unsure on that one. Definitely FAT32 for sure but unsure on cluster size. I'll format again with that and see.
Also if you are just trying to boot nintendont all you need on sd is nintendont in sd:/apps/nintendont and the config file and a game in sd:/games or if you are trying out the channels you installed you dont need the game in sd:/games

dreamasrter86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Whenever I try to inject a gamecube game I get this error when it enters nintendont: no game.iso on wii vc disc.
what am I doing wrong?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU