Hacking [RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I REALLY like this tool! Though I have had an issue with 007: Agent Under Fire Reloaded.

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3731/

It will run fine on my Wii through USB Loader Gx, but as a Wii U channel it will eventually crash on stage 2, though not always at the same point.

I have not tested it under the vWii yet, but wanted to bring it up to see if anyone else has had similar experiences. And to showcase this amazing MOD!
probably just have a diferent nintendont dol version on one of them or diferent settings forced on each.

sonicsleep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So... I did this for the Wii game Gold's Gym: Cardio Workout (NTSC). It works great, exceeeept the home button freezes everything and requires pulling out the power lead.

Is there a fix for this. Or does this happen to everyone and everyone just deals with it?

If it wasn't for that issue, this would be perfect. I understand why Nintendont would freeze maybe, since that's a gamecube thing, but I'm puzzled why a Wii game inject freezes on the home button. :\

Syph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... I did this for the Wii game Gold's Gym: Cardio Workout (NTSC). It works great, exceeeept the home button freezes everything and requires pulling out the power lead.

Is there a fix for this. Or does this happen to everyone and everyone just deals with it?

If it wasn't for that issue, this would be perfect. I understand why Nintendont would freeze maybe, since that's a gamecube thing, but I'm puzzled why a Wii game inject freezes on the home button. :\

I've had a couple games cause this, a Wii retail and a nand title, I think it has something to do with the controller options. Both games didn't do it if I selected them to not use the gamepad.

Slegiar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i know there's a lot of sources of Wii game custom banners, gamepad banners, and startup sounds and all that. but are there any sources of gamecube banners, boot logos, and boot sounds to use with the injector? spent all day digitizing my gamecube collection and starting on the process of injecting them, and wanted to add that bit of extra flair, if the resources are available. anyone know of any sources?

Reactions: WiisleyU

sonicsleep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've had a couple games cause this, a Wii retail and a nand title, I think it has something to do with the controller options. Both games didn't do it if I selected them to not use the gamepad.

Hmm, I left it as "No Gamepad emulation. Wii Remotes only" on the Gamepad/Meta options. I guess it's just one of those weird games.

Oddly, the PAL version of Gold's Gym: Cardio Workout will not boot at all. The iso is also considerably smaller, so I suspect they did something weird for that release. I think it may have been an Australian exclusive, since in europe they got the same game but under a different name. I think I remember that I needed to install an "update" when booting the PAL version on the vWii, so I guess it must have a custom ios in it but the NTSC doesn't. Maybe that's part of the issue.

jct

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hope this hasn't been asked yet, but can you convert more than one title at a time. I my wii library is pretty big and will take forever to convert all into WUPs any way to automate?

matheousse

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, i'm currently trying to inject Smash Bros Brawl PAL Version, and i'm having this error (traduction: "impossible to find part of the access path"). I've already inject Sonic Colours without any problem. Someone can help me?
EDIT: i had a 4.57Gb ISO, instead of 6.XX

Attachments

• Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    1.9 KB · Views: 217
Last edited by matheousse,

CloudvsRoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is awesome. I want to use this to install Super Smash Bros Brawl and Melee to my external hard drive. Would the games work on the GamePad? Could I use the wbfs version of Brawl? Thanks for any help.

soniccomcisbr

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
All right I just tested the Konami Rebirth series from Wiiware on gamepad:
Gradius - classic controller forced - Works nornally

Castlevania - classic controller forced - At first dont worked. Then, I started the game on vWii mod, turned off all commands from wiimote and wiimote + nunchuck including the motion sensor whip. After save the changes I back to WiiU menu and the game worked nornally on gamepad (I played until stage 2)

Contra - NOT WORKING Propely. With classic controller forced anything works. With Horizontal Wiimote (and with all commands from classic controller turned off) its possible to play a little but your character starts to move foward for itself and you will lose some lifes.

Last edited by soniccomcisbr,

Slegiar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay, how specifically does the vWii nand title launcher work? does it create a channel for the WiiU that can then launch homebrew on the vWii? I'm trying to either find, or figure out how to make, a forwarder to go from the wii U screen directly into Nintendon't, with a custom start sound of the gamecube boot sound, for nostalgia sake. does something like this already exist, or if not, how can i go about creating such a forwarder?

matheousse

Trophies
XP
Country
France
This is awesome. I want to use this to install Super Smash Bros Brawl and Melee to my external hard drive. Would the games work on the GamePad? Could I use the wbfs version of Brawl? Thanks for any help.
The games will work with the GamePad if you choose the "Force Classic Controller" option in the Gamepad tab, and i think you can use the wbfs version, but as far as I know the injection with the iso works perfectly.

WesMods

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I tried 2 images as I said from USA and Europe versions. This is the only Gamecube game that not worked for me. Can you say what you choose on the settings?
No special settings were needed, I just started TeconMoon's Injector and hit BUILD without changing anything. Are your .iso's full size or shrunk, are you using the latest Nintendont on your SD card (I assume you are if all your other GameCube games work?)

soniccomcisbr

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
No special settings were needed, I just started TeconMoon's Injector and hit BUILD without changing anything. Are your .iso's full size or shrunk, are you using the latest Nintendont on your SD card (I assume you are if all your other GameCube games work?)
Yes, but after I install this game not even the game icon is showed, only a icon with "static" like an old CRT tv

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, im making my first gd level