Hacking [RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

JamiePashley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I believe if you want to use Wii U Pro you have to play through vWii. (ie Nintendont directly, or USB Loader GX) I read they decided to just make Gamecube injects be for Wii U Pad only.
I can play injected Gamecube Games with my Wii U Pro Controller fine, but i have to use a Wii remote to get past the Gamepad/TV prompt which appears first. Once i get past that prompt, the Wii U Pro controller works normally. I'm wanting to know if there's a way to get rid of the prompt for injected Gamecube games, so i don't need a Wii remote, and can just start the game using my Wii U Pro Controller.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Has anybody had any luck injecting Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II Plus? Specifically the Plus version. I have tried various different rips and they all result in a corrupted install (question mark icon on the home menu). Games are not trimmed.

EDIT - I should add, works fine through Nintendont regularly.

Last edited by sj33,

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Has anybody had any luck injecting Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II Plus? Specifically the Plus version. I have tried various different rips and they all result in a corrupted install (question mark icon on the home menu). Games are not trimmed.

EDIT - I should add, works fine through Nintendont regularly.

Only thing I could think of is, when your injecting this game make sure your not using "&" when entering in the game description, use "and" instead. The WiiU doesn't like "&" in the game title.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Only thing I could think of is, when your injecting this game make sure your not using "&" when entering in the game description, use "and" instead. The WiiU doesn't like "&" in the game title.
I actually fixed it before reading this, but that is exactly what the problem was! Thanks. Funny how it does play nice with some other non-alphanumberic characters though.

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I actually fixed it before reading this, but that is exactly what the problem was! Thanks. Funny how it does play nice with some other non-alphanumberic characters though.

Yep, "é" in Pokémon is another culprit, but when Nintendo does it with their official games, it works fine.

Fun fact regarding "&" in the game description, you can technically use "&" if you wish, you have to use "&" instead.
So for Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II Plus, this is how you would put it.

Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II Plus

Better yet, I would suggest to spread the game description to the 2nd line as it would like more neater on the WiiU Menu.
Phantasy Star Online:
Episode I & II Plus

Reactions: WesMods

AyanamiRei0

GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to play Taiko Wii 3 with the Wii U gamepad and it appears the force classic controller connected doesn't work with it.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to play Taiko Wii 3 with the Wii U gamepad and it appears the force classic controller connected doesn't work with it.

That and about 85% of Wii games that don't work with it. Force classic controller doesn't mean force it to work it means something else. Most games just don't work.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does Nintendon't save the configuration for each game when the game is injected or is it saved on the SD card. I noticed some games autoboot without viewing the nintendon't menu refardless of my nintendon't configuration file on my SD card. It would be time consuming to reinject the games all over again just to access the nintendon't menu. :ninja:

portugeek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this apply Wii U gamepad support to Wii homebrew automatically upon injection, or is it only on Wii Homebrew that already has Fix94's Gamepad support patch applied?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
My understanding is that support has to be added on the homebrew side.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yep, "é" in Pokémon is another culprit, but when Nintendo does it with their official games, it works fine.

Fun fact regarding "&" in the game description, you can technically use "&" if you wish, you have to use "&" instead.
So for Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II Plus, this is how you would put it.

Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II Plus

Better yet, I would suggest to spread the game description to the 2nd line as it would like more neater on the WiiU Menu.
Phantasy Star Online:
Episode I & II Plus
Thanks for this. I am quite anal about correct naming so I will give that a shot!

Reactions: portugeek

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Does Nintendon't save the configuration for each game when the game is injected or is it saved on the SD card. I noticed some games autoboot without viewing the nintendon't menu refardless of my nintendon't configuration file on my SD card. It would be time consuming to reinject the games all over again just to access the nintendon't menu. :ninja:

If your using this script, by default Autoboot is enabled, you can disable Autoboot by selecting the option "Disable Autoboot". This Autoboot option is NOT saved to the config file "nincfg.bin" on the root of your SD CARD.

The autoboot option that you speak of in the nintendont options, this requires the "Disabled Autoboot" option enabled. Below is a rundown as to what it does.

Script Autoboot Options:
Autoboot Enabled:
GC inject boots straight into the game, bypassing the Nintendont menu/splash screen, regardless if you have the autoboot feather turned on in the Nintendont configuration options.
Disabled Autoboot: GC injects boots to Nintendont menu, from here you have to manually boot the game. However if you have the autoboot option enabled in the configuration options, the next time you launch the GC inject, it will still boot into Nintendont menu and then within 5 seconds or so the game will boot into the game, so within the 5 seconds or so window that you have you can cancel the autoboot and this will take you to the Nintendont menu.

Last edited by xs4all, , Reason: Reference to fw.img removed as it is incorrect.

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The easy/simple answer is yes.

Correction: The Autoboot setting is NOT saved in the fw.img file in the CODE folder as stated in my previous reply. The Autoboot option is in the main.dol file on the GC ISO, this file gets patched before it gets injected depending on your selection in the script.

Last edited by xs4all,

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Inject the game as per normal with the "Classic Controller Emulation" option selected only, no need to use the "Force Classic Controller Connected" option because the Taiko games supports the Classic Controller.

Boot the game, then you need to resync the Classic Controller by doing the the following:
- Press the HOME button on GamePad to get to the Home Menu.
- Hold POWER button on GamePad until the GamePad turns off, this will only turn off the GamePad not the WiiU console.
- Wait a few seconds, then press the POWER button on the GamePad to turn it back on.
- Press any button on the GamePad a few times to re sync.
- If successful, you will see the hand/finger pointer on the screen which you can move with the left analogue stick.
- Press the HOME button on the GamePad to return to the game.
- GamePad should now emulate the Classic Controller.

If you don't do the resync, the game will think your using sideways remote.

alainvey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was able to use the program for like 2 days and now I am unable to get it to boot on my computer? has anyone come across a similiar issue or have a suggested fix?
I am also experiencing this problem: trying to open the program on Windows 10 and it just doesn't boot. Double click the exe and there is a bit of cursor/hourglass action, but then nothing. Tried running as admin, no dice. I had also been using it for a couple of days before this.

Tried deleting and redownloading, nothing. Last time I used it I did try to cancel an injection partway through, which spewed out a .NET error - I have had this happen before with no problem, though.

I'm a bit stuck atm, since USB helper keeps getting an iso read error in the inject phase.

Anyone have any idea what could cause this issue? Thanks.

Last edited by alainvey,

Venom2284

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im getting a black screen while trying to load gc injects i heard that you dont have to hack vwii to play them so whats going on why cant i run them?

Venom2284

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I did exactly what the guide told me to do for the inject, i used the wiivc injector tool to make the gamecube iso into a wup installer file so i could install the game onto my wiiu menu screen

WesMods

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I did exactly what the guide told me to do for the inject, i used the wiivc injector tool to make the gamecube iso into a wup installer file so i could install the game onto my wiiu menu screen
So if you didn't install anything related to Nintendont then it's not going to work :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Stop trying to make on my cakes