Hacking [RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

Fladulator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I faced another problem. The NINTENDONT compatibility list says that Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (PAL) is able to be put out in 480p. That's unfortunately not the case. Instead my TV screen gets black and I'm only able to play via the tablet controller. Besides that, my TV stays black saying NO SIGNAL until I restart the console. This means that it cuts off the HDMI video output but has the audio output intact. That's weird. Since the German version is censored I couldn't give less shits anyway.

But it brings up a new thought: The nincfg.bin is stored globally for all games and TeconMoon's script does indeed allow a FORCE 4:3 option but lacks a FORCE INTERLACED or IGNORE PROGRESSIVE option. This is a huge problem because that way I could either inject the games who are capable of 480p or at least ignore the option or inject all games interlaced.

Any ideas?

CoupureElectrique

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are these extra steps necessary on Tiramisu? I saw a Youtube video and they didn't have to do any "signature patches"

Attachments

• wii inject.jpg
    wii inject.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 93

ghostserverd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey folks. Hopefully someone can give me a hand here.

My current setup is

Code:
TeconMoon's WiiVC Injector - 3.0.12.0 (from the link on the first page of this thread)
WUP Installer GX2 - v1.3 rev21
Nintendont - 6.498

I'm working on being able to launch GC games from the Wii U home menu without needing to grab my Wii remote, but still have a pro controller in slot 1 (i.e. have the Wii U gamepad be slot 4 so that I can use it if needed as a last-ditch extra controller, but still be able to use pro controllers in slot 1).

I'm able to inject a game, install it via WUP installer, and launch the game from the Wii U home screen. All great so far.

However, when I start a game from the Wii U menu and choose the option to allow gamepad support, the gamepad is in slot 1, so when I turn on my Wii U pro controller, the pro controller ends up in slot 2.

I noticed that nintendont says it supports gamepad controller slot selection now (commit/85d54bdbb247972480d1149d3ef3ce3d3f4199ef from the nintendont github repo) and indeed, if I load my nincfg.bin with NICOE, I can see that the gamepad slot is set to 3 (pretty sure the slot is 0 indexed so the 3 reported by NICOE is actually the 4th slot).

When I launch nintendont manually from the vWii homebrew menu, I can also see that Wii U Gamepad Slot is set to 4.

But the gamepad is still in slot 1 when launching injected games from the Wii U home menu.

Is there a known fix for this issue? When I do a GC injection in TeconMoon, is there some special setting I need to select beyond making sure the value is set in nincfg.bin in order to make the gamepad slot something other than slot 1? Or is gamepad slot selection not working at the moment?

Thanks for any assistance!

Attachments

• IMG_3420.jpeg
    IMG_3420.jpeg
    498.5 KB · Views: 91

jrb0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know why I would be getting an empty folder when trying to create a Wii Homebrew Injection for USB Loader GX with c2w patching enabled? I'm trying to create one that enables c2w patching and doesn't use gamepad as a controller.

Last edited by jrb0,

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, have a question around this. Is it possible to 'reverse' this process to get an ISO/wbfs file?
Would be nice in the cases where I made a mistake with gamepad emulation option or title name isn't great.

Thanks

EDIT: Also have an issue with trying to get NTSC games working with a PAL Wii U (Wish I knew about this being a problem earlier..) Trying to get Trauma Team to work, which is an NTSC only game, so there is no PAL version to use. I see about patching video using WiiVC Injector, but when I try, the command prompt window is just blank and nothing happens. That and I read doing that successfully anyway results in a black box appearing at the bottom of the screen.

Last edited by LAA,

Erxkum

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm trying to convert a wbfs of Wii Music PAL and I get an error, what am I doing wrong? This error:

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Não foi possível encontrar uma parte do caminho 'C:\Users\Sérgio Iglésias\AppData\Local\Temp\WiiVCInjector\SOURCETEMP\ISOEXTRACT'.
em System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
em System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean checkHost)
em System.IO.Directory.Delete(String path, Boolean recursive)
em TeconMoon_s_WiiVC_Injector.WiiVC_Injector.TheBigOneTM_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
em System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
em System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
em System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
em System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
em System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
em System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
em System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
em System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
em System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
em System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Assemblagens carregadas **************
mscorlib
Versão da assemblagem: 4.0.0.0
Versão Win32: 4.8.4470.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
TeconMoon's WiiVC Injector
Versão da assemblagem: 3.0.1.0
Versão Win32: 3.0.1.0
CodeBase: file:///E:/TeconMoon's%20WiiVC%20Injector.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Versão Win32: 4.8.4488.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Versão Win32: 4.8.4488.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
Versão Win32: 4.8.4390.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.IO.Compression.FileSystem
Versão Win32: 4.8.4084.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.IO.Compression.FileSystem/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.IO.Compression.FileSystem.dll
System.Configuration
Versão Win32: 4.8.4190.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
Versão Win32: 4.8.4470.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
Versão Win32: 4.8.4084.0 built by: NET48REL1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.IO.Compression
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.IO.Compression/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.IO.Compression.dll
System.resources
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_pt_b77a5c561934e089/System.resources.dll
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Versão da assemblagem: 10.0.0.0
Versão Win32: 14.8.4084.0 built by: NET48REL1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
mscorlib.resources
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_pt_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll
System.Windows.Forms.resources
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_pt_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll

************** Depuração JIT **************
Para activar a depuração just-in-time (JIT), o ficheiro .config para esta
aplicação ou computador (machine.config) tem de ter o
valor jitDebugging definido na secção system.windows.forms.
A aplicação também tem de ser compilada com a depuração
activada.

Por exemplo:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Quando a depuração JIT está activada, qualquer excepção não processada
será enviada para o depurador JIT registado no computador
em vez de ser processada por esta caixa de diálogo.

Last edited by Erxkum,

marioxb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. Can someone/ has someone complied piratesephiroth's version of this tool into an executable file? I have no idea how to compile code at all.

ArgoRV

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Is there a way to turn off the screen of gamepad when you are using the gamepad as controller but watching the game on the TV ?

GeozephGZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone ever thought of some sort of automated version, or script for this program? Or if that's even possible?

Kinda like that one GCIT Powershell script for GameCube games or something

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Since I can't provide the main.dol because it's copyright material I prepared a folder to simple patch.

Note it only applies to the USA version of the game (I tried DCKR v1.01)
What it patch: Y=run, B=jump, ZR=blow/stomp
  1. Open your ISO with WiiScrubber
  2. In DATA partition look for main.dol file, right click extract and save it on DKRC CC patch folder
  3. In the DKRC CC patch folder open apply_patch.bat
  4. With the main.dol patched go to WiiScrubber again, select main.dol right click replace and select the patched main.dol
  5. ???
  6. ProfitNow you can inject your shiny new DKRC with gamepad support :P

The patcher .exe is part of @Wiimm tools, and the .gct code is from @crediar so I don't take credit on that.
I keep getting error message “cygwin1.dll is missing” every time I try to patch it, I can extract the main.dol file and replace it with wiiscrubber just fine but applying the patch isn’t working, I looked into cygwin1.dll and tried installing it but I now get different crashes and error messages if I try to apply the patch, I’m using windows 7 btw...

Edit: also question regarding wii injection in general, I see an option to emulate the classic controller over the wii remote sideways, does this apply to games like new mario bros and kirbys return to dreamland?

Last edited by sonictopfan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Remember to take your meds like AncientBoi.