Religion. The Last Debate

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 28,198
  • Replies 428

Is there a God? Do you believe in God?

• Yes, there is a God. My reason is posted.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, there is no God. My reason is posted.

• There may or may not be a God. I'm not sure.

• Total voters

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkLG said:
No disrespect but you clearly have never read any religious books at all. God created us(if you believe that) we fucked up by disobeying.Things start going wrong so he leaves it on our hands to try and fix them.He's original intent for creating us was to have company but we fucked that up.The reasons the religious contries are not doing so well is just not good enough to blame religion for their problems.
And to the whole I shit um He keeps you alive on earth,He lets you breathe air um any other reasons I should give?

You're right. I have never read a religious book in my life. I find this to be a good thing. Now I am free to think for myself and use logic the correct way.

God is only there to make us miserable? Who would worship something like that? For something that is supposed to be the supreme good, God makes it seem like turning over to Satanism wouldn't be much different.

How about you give me a reason that makes more sense, something you can back up.

QUOTE(jet™ @ Sep 11 2010, 04:11 PM) There is really no such thing as the “innocent” suffering.

Since “all have sinned and come short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23), there is no one who has the right to freedom from God's wrath on the basis of his own innocence.

God is there to make our lives shit?

D

Deleted User

OP
worlok375 said:
I've noticed that these threads usually end up becoming flame wars. Oh by the way I believe in god.
That's why I was sensitive about making it, but I'm trying to make sure these flame wars do NOT happen.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
jet™ said:
snip

Yeah, completely historically accurate. I hear they even have jesus' skeleton which they found in some ruins and they're hiding it in Area 51 with the aliens.

QUOTEIt cannot be 'proved' as fact as it hasn't yet happened... but then it can't be proved as fiction either.

If it isn't fact, it's fiction. No ifs or buts.

0ddity

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Jet, why bother quoting the bible, since all Christians pick and choose what verses to follow, and which to ignore? All types of religions can be created if we can pick and choose what to listen to in the bible, as evidenced by all the sects of christianity. For example, I am sure on Christmas, you (and all the other christians here) put up a christmas tree, and decorate it, etc. But, why? You are violating the very book you are quoting to others!

QUOTE(Jeremiah 10:2-4(NIV)) said:
2 This is what the LORD says:
"Do not learn the ways of the nations
or be terrified by signs in the sky,
though the nations are terrified by them.

3 For the customs of the peoples are worthless;
they cut a tree out of the forest,
and a craftsman shapes it with his chisel.

4 They adorn it with silver and gold;
they fasten it with hammer and nails
so it will not totter.

There are many other instances of contradictions, hypocrisy and picking and choosing verses to follow.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
omg all religions are wrong and stupid.

end of discussion, my points can be proven by someone who is religious.

telling me i am wrong about this....against your religion. kthxbai

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was a stupid idea to start debate like this. No one wins some say religion makes the world worse some disagree. some say god doesn't exist and if he did he's a dick.Other say he does exist and still say he's a dick. Everyone will have different believes always one thing i clearly will never believe is evolution because it doesn't make sense to me can anyone explain it?

D

Deleted User

OP
Depends on your beliefs. I put up a tree because I like tinsel. That's my reason
biggrin.gif

DarkLG said:
This was a stupid idea to start debate like this. No one wins some say religion makes the world worse some disagree. some say god doesn't exist and if he did he's a dick.Other say he does exist and still say he's a dick. Everyone will have different believes always one thing i clearly will never believe is evolution because it doesn't make sense to me can anyone explain it?
-poll.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
jet™ said:
According to Genesis 1:26-27, God created each of us the same and He holds no race higher than any other race, "Then God said, 'Let us make man in our image, in our likeness...So God created man in His own image.'" In I John 2:2, the Bible says that Jesus died for all sins, "And He is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but for the sins of the whole world." If God believed that one race was better than another, he would not have sent his only Son to die for the entire world. Other verses in the Bible about prejudice include Deuteronomy 10:17, "For the Lord your God is God of gods and Lord of Lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward." Also, Acts 10:34 says, "Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, 'Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons." Finally, Jesus said in John 13:34, " A new commandment I give unto you, that ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another."

What does any of that have to do with the question I asked. I'll ask again. Would a God who claims to be all-forgiving and compassionate judge someone guilty because of something that someone else did?

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
god worshippers do have a habit of cherry pickin from the bible
but people on here don't really believe in god, if they did, they wouldn't be here being pirating

also...I say god don't exist because there no proof..

D

Deleted User

OP
@TD- No.

RoMee said:
god worshippers do have a habit of cherry pickin from the bible
but people on here don't really believe in god, if they did, they wouldn't be here being pirating

also...I say god don't exist because there no proof..
Pirating?

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DarkLG said:
To the prayer thing think really carefully usually the same people that pray for help are the same people that turn around and go do stupid shit that I guess would count as sin.Would you really want to answer someone that you know is just going to keep doind stuff he or she shouldn't?
My elderly religious neighbor whose brain is unfortunately riddled with tumors would like to have a word with you. As would the incredibly religious family 2 blocks down that sold their summer home and 2 of their 3 cars, then donated 100% of the money to a homeless charity. Damn sinners.

If you want to learn a tiny bit about evolution, go read 0ddity's final post in the evolution vs creation debate thread.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm seeing a lot of quotes from a really old STORY BOOK.

This really does nothing to support any arguments at all.

It's like supporting God in a religious debate using quotes from the Bible.
I used this example because there is literally nothing else that is this stupid.

You can say that this is flaming, but in this thread anything anti-religious is flaming.

If you can prove to me that God exists in one way or another using physical evidence that does not originate in a story book, I'll change my mind and go repent TODAY.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
_Chaz_ said:

I used this example because there is literally nothing else that is this stupid.

You can say that this is flaming, but in this thread anything anti-religious is flaming.

If you can prove to me that God exists in one way or another using physical evidence that does not originate in a story book, I'll change my mind and go repent TODAY.

You know that some lady found jesus' face on her burnt toast once, right? That should be proof enough.

D

Deleted User

OP
TrolleyDave said:
jet™ said:

So then the God portrayed in the Torah/Bible/Qu'ran couldn't exist. He couldn't be both all-forgiving and compassionate as well as hateful.
He changed. When Jesus died on the cross, he forgave our sins and showed God that he had to be all-forgiving and compassionate. He was hateful before, but Jesus died for US.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jet™ said:
He was hateful before, but Jesus died for US.

Ok, I'm personally Christian and everything, I don't keep up with the Bible word for word or anything like that, but that line is just wrong.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
_Chaz_ said:

You know that some lady found jesus' face on her burnt toast once, right? That should be proof enough.
OH SHIT!!!
A godly figure decided to come to earth to visit and all he could think of was a very obscure picture on a piece of toast that could be misconstrued as anything else?!

Looks like my argument is null and void. Time to go confess my sins to the outer contents of a sandwich.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of...